Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Raul was clutch and that was it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    Raul was clutch and that was it.
    In Raul's defense, his "clutch" was unlike any I had seen in a long, long time.

You can not diminish how clutch he was by saying "and that was it."

He was clutch CLUTCH and then some. Saved the Yankees *** so so many times.

vCash
    With no other options seemingly available and bad back Austin Romine the best of the 3 misfit catchers we have, AJ Pierzynski is a must. No question.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekJeterDan View Post
    What do you see the lineup shaping up to look like?
    I actually didn't see that Granderson wasn't in that lineup you posted.

I don't see the lineup being much different than that, unfortunately. It'll just be Granderson instead of Hamilton.

There is probably like a 90% chance the lineup on opening day is -

1. Derek Jeter SS
    2. Ichiro Suzuki RF
    3. Robinson Cano 2B
    4. Mark Teixiera 1B
    5. Curtis Granderson LF
    6. Kevin Youkilis 3B
    7. Raul Ibanez DH
    8. Austin Romine/Chris Stewart C
    9. Brett Gardner CF

And there really is not a lot to look forward to with this lineup at all. A lot of age, a lot of guys in decline and not much upside at all.

I keep hoping Cashman will pull something out to make this team better or at least as good as last year but I don't really see it. I've lost a ton of confidence that Cashman and the team actually have some plan or know what they are doing right now. The lack of foresight when this strict budget plan was put together is kind of astonishing to me.

vCash
    In Raul's defense, his "clutch" was unlike any I had seen in a long, long time.

You can not diminish how clutch he was by saying "and that was it."

He was clutch CLUTCH and then some. Saved the Yankees *** so so many times.
    Thats fine and all but he also hit .240 with a .308 OBP last year.

I'd love to have him back but as more of a bench guy, meaning not the DH every day. By the looks of it this team will have plenty of guys that could be pinch hit for later in games, unlike in years past.

Problem is the Yankees will bring him in and make him play too much, hurting his value to the team a lot. Kind of how I feel about Ichiro - I'd like to have him back but not as the everyday RF because I don't know if he can do that anymore. The problem is that at some point this team needs to find actual everyday starters instead of platooning half the lineup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    Thats fine and all but he also hit .240 with a .308 OBP last year.

I'd love to have him back but as more of a bench guy, meaning not the DH every day. By the looks of it this team will have plenty of guys that could be pinch hit for later in games, unlike in years past.

Problem is the Yankees will bring him in and make him play too much, hurting his value to the team a lot. Kind of how I feel about Ichiro - I'd like to have him back but not as the everyday RF because I don't know if he can do that anymore. The problem is that at some point this team needs to find actual everyday starters instead of platooning half the lineup.
    I'd sooner have Ichiro bat third than Teixeira. I still have faith he'll hit over .300 again.
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

- Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

vCash
    romine 2013!
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Its looking a lot like Romine will get his chance. We need our farm to produce more than ever now...
    GO YANKEES!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Highcheese4U View Post
    Its looking a lot like Romine will get his chance. We need our farm to produce more than ever now...
    I don't mind seeing Romine get a chance.
    If he stays healthy he has to be better then Stewart or Cervilli.

vCash
    With no other options seemingly available and bad back Austin Romine the best of the 3 misfit catchers we have, AJ Pierzynski is a must. No question.
    Word is AJ could end up with the Rangers. But I would love to see him sign with the Yankees. He could do what Grandy did only with a better batting average.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    Word is AJ could end up with the Rangers. But I would love to see him sign with the Yankees. He could do what Grandy did only with a better batting average.
    You mean martin?

vCash
    No I meant what Grandy did with the hrs . He did hit 27 last year and the short porch in right would be huge for his power stroke. meaning AJ
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    No I meant what Grandy did with the hrs . He did hit 27 last year and the short porch in right would be huge for his power stroke. meaning AJ
    Your comparing a Center fielder to a catcher, sorry for being confused.

vCash
    Expecting even 27 HRs out of AJ again next year would be crazy. Expecting 40 is insane.

vCash
    AJs only hit over 20 HRs once in his career... last season...

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast