Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Could the hesitation be coming from higher up than Cashman? I think Cashman has to want this guy but can't make a move yet.

Official Dolphins Draft Guru '11 & NFL Draft Guru '12

Enjoy hilarious podcasts about popculture, wrestling, and videogames? Check out the lasertime network at lasertimepodcast.com

vCash
    rather let romine and cervelli start

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    Cervelli is the worst catcher in mlb.

vCash
    I would like to see what Romine could do in the bigs before he's handed the starting catching gig. Not to mention back problems for a catcher is no bueno.

I like Cisco's passion, but I don't think he's a starter...

vCash
    cervelli doesnt need to be the starter, romine is the starter, you have stewart if romine gets injured and you can sign a veteran backup and stash him in AAA just in case

vCash
    cervelli doesnt need to be the starter, romine is the starter, you have stewart if romine gets injured and you can sign a veteran backup and stash him in AAA just in case
    Until he hits .100 in spring training.

vCash
    To me the Yankees going into 2013 with Romine/Cervelli/Stewart as their catchers shows a defeatist mentality.

Not only are they penny pinching, but they also don't care about the overall teams performance.

Cervelli - Yes, he brings energy but he is downright terrible overall.

Romine - I like giving the kids a shot but he's coming off a major back injury.

Stewart - Great defender, solid arm behind the plate, frames balls well but given consistent ABs he won't hit enough.

The Yankees need for another catcher is extremely important.
    You need a proven field general leading this team and calling the shots behind home.
    AJ Pierzynski, even with his flaws, fills that role for us perfectly given the bad market and poor solutions now.
    Last edited by DerekJeterDan; 12-08-2012 at 09:45 PM.

vCash
    Sign him. 1 year or 2 if that's what it takes. We need a catcher and he brings some fire.

vCash
    Cervelli sucks. Romine has the back of an 85 year old man. He wont last a month.

vCash
    apparently fans want a change but when change comes they dont like it and want to go back to the old ways of doing things thats lead to NOTHING. so yeah let the yankees spend on brand name over sane direction

allowing romine and cervelli to catch isnt a defeated mentality, thats the stupidest thing ive read and the yankees arent even going to do that I just wish they did, they will say thats their plan but its not. the team needs to transition and have a couple of down years for the sake of the overall health and direction

vCash
    apparently fans want a change but when change comes they dont like it and want to go back to the old ways of doing things thats lead to NOTHING. so yeah let the yankees spend on brand name over sane direction

allowing romine and cervelli to catch isnt a defeated mentality, thats the stupidest thing ive read and the yankees arent even going to do that I just wish they did, they will say thats their plan but its not. the team needs to transition and have a couple of down years for the sake of the overall health and direction
    And your telling me that is not a defeatist mentality?...

The thought of the Yankees having a "couple of down years" makes me upset.
    No way should the Yankees be aiming to have multiple bad seasons just to transition. C'mon now. That's giving up.

The mindset should be on winning, every single year. When you have a 189 Million dollar payroll coming off of a 95 win season, the mindset is to win, not to have a bad season or an offseason that leads to multiple bad/losing seasons ahead for the sake of transition. That doesn't work in New York.

They can easily transition into prospects (Romine included) but still bring in improvements from outside the organization to give the Major League team a shot at winning.

A player like Pierzynski is a perfect example and a great bridge to Gary Sanchez.

Austin Romine and Francisco Cervelli are notches below AJ's level at this point. A 1 year / 2 year deal wouldn't hurt.
    Last edited by DerekJeterDan; 12-08-2012 at 11:20 PM.

vCash
    Cervelli cant catch though. Jesus montero is johnny bench compared to him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekJeterDan View Post
    And your telling me that is not a defeatist mentality?...

The thought of the Yankees having a "couple of down years" makes me upset.
    No way should the Yankees be aiming to have multiple bad seasons just to transition. C'mon now. That's giving up.

The mindset should be on winning, every single year. When you have a 189 Million dollar payroll coming off of a 95 win season, the mindset is to win, not to have a bad season or an offseason that leads to multiple bad/losing seasons ahead for the sake of transition. That doesn't work in New York.

They can easily transition into prospects (Romine included) but still bring in improvements from outside the organization to give the Major League team a shot at winning.

A player like Pierzynski is a perfect example and a great bridge to Gary Sanchez.

Austin Romine and Francisco Cervelli are notches below AJ's level at this point. A 1 year / 2 year deal wouldn't hurt.
    every team aims to win, no team is purposely going to go into a season to lose, but its part of baseball you rise and you fall, for the sake of the team i hope they have some bad stretches, not only for the sake of us getting younger and out of these dumb contracts but for the sake of baseball, I want more diversity to be spread around the league, I wish every fan base can experience what us yankee fans take for granted.

pierzynski isnt a bridge to gary sanchez cause gary sanchez wont be ready in a year, pierzinsky is just a one year patch hole that probably doesnt make a difference to our lineup who has bigger issues than catcher. I rather see what I can get from romine and cervelli and use my limited resources for RF and 3b

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    Cervelli cant catch though. Jesus montero is johnny bench compared to him.
    thats nonsense and this coming from someone who defends Monteros catching ability

vCash
    This team was 4 wins away from a World Series appearance.

Sorry Infernoscure, but I see no reason why they should aim to fall.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast