Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekJeterDan View Post
    Heyman tweets that the Yankees are hesitating on AJ Pierzynski because they view him as an average defender.

1) They let a good defender in Russell Martin leave

2) Jorge was an average defender and his bat made up for it
    Average defender? I think he is surely above average. Sign the damn guy already and fill that hole.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Clipper View Post
    Average defender? I think he is surely above average. Sign the damn guy already and fill that hole.
    Pierzynski has been called alot of things, but an "average defender" is a new one. Above average defensively and a nice bat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JobaRules26 View Post
    Pierzynski has been called alot of things, but an "average defender" is a new one. Above average defensively and a nice bat.
    Exactly. He's the perfect fit for this team right now. Definitely need a backstop.

4. 12-08-2012, 01:22 PM

vCash
    Exactly. He's the perfect fit for this team right now. Definitely need a backstop.
    Agreed.

vCash
    Its kind of funny they are hesitating on Pierzynski because they only view him as an average defender. Can you really afford to be picky when your starting catching options are a career back-up, a guy that can't field at all and a young catcher with a bad back?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    Its kind of funny they are hesitating on Pierzynski because they only view him as an average defender. Can you really afford to be picky when your starting catching options are a career back-up, a guy that can't field at all and a young catcher with a bad back?
    It's truly astonishing.

vCash
    I'm not sure of the hesitation either. If it is a 1-year deal, what is the problem? I do not blame them for valuing defense, but even Martin had his blunders at times. Plus our other options are Cervelli, Stewart, and Romine. I would like to see Romine in a full year of AAA first (or at least until after the all-star break) before he gets called up.

vCash
    I guess AJ has been pretty mum on this. I havent heard if he's looking for a 1 or 2 year deal. After the year he had, cant really blame him for wanting 2.

vCash
    Ok nobody will like this. PASS Give Cervy a chance.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy51 View Post
    Ok nobody will like this. PASS Give Cervy a chance.
    Yankees pride themself on having a defensive catcher, Cervelli was ranked the worst defensive catcher statically in 2011.

Unless his defense has improved, I don't see him being a starter for the MLB.

Why do you think they brought in Stewart by trading Kontos(Bullpen) for him last year and didn't keep Cervelli in the Majors, instead sending him down to Triple-A?

vCash
    I find it hilarious that they are concerned about AJ yet they are perfectly fine with a combo of cervelli and romine.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    Yankees pride themself on having a defensive catcher, Cervelli was ranked the worst defensive catcher statically in 2011.

Unless his defense has improved, I don't see him being a starter for the MLB.

Why do you think they brought in Stewart by trading Kontos(Bullpen) for him last year and didn't keep Cervelli in the Majors, instead sending him down to Triple-A?
    Kontos went on to pitch 44 games for the World Champion SF Giants recording a strikeout per inning (44 K's) a 2.47 ERA and a 1.05 WHIP. Terrible deal by Cashman. Jose Quintana (23) 136.1 IP 22 GS 6-6 3.45 ERA 81 K's also hurts.
    Last edited by DerekJeterDan; 12-08-2012 at 08:05 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TallicaFan87 View Post
    Stewart just needs 500 at bats.....
    Nick(mush)

vCash
    Hell, just have Girardi do the duties again......he is still in great shape.....
    Nick(mush)

vCash
    Heyman tweets that the Yankees are hesitating on AJ Pierzynski because they view him as an average defender.

1) They let a good defender in Russell Martin leave

2) Jorge was an average defender and his bat made up for it
    Jorge was a below average defender. Couldn't block the plate, and was horrible at framing pitches. Arm was decent though..

I can't for the life of me understand how they could hesitate in signing him. Even if he is average defensively, it's a one year stop gap..

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast