Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    The guy is retired. Who gives a ****?

Quote Originally Posted by ChitownBears22 View Post
    Kawhi is going to get murdered by Lebron. He is going to make a name for himself, as the guy who cost the Spurs a championship. Guy is garbage on defense.

vCash
    Maturity!? We talkin' bout maturity!? In a thread!? Sorry, had to do it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I don't think Iverson was a bad person or that he didn't care about winning. I just don't think he ever "got it" as far as how to work his talents into a winning team concept. He always approached it as he was the leader and he was going to carry his team. You need a guy that can step up and do that in certain spots, but you also have to be able to sacrifice some of the impact you could make to raise the output of the rest of the guys.
    The problem is that by the time he went to a situation where he had the ability to sacrifice some of his impact...it was in Denver and he was already over 30 gearing up for the downside of his career. His efficiency went up, his team was successful, but he couldn't give the same level of performances he could maybe 4 seasons prior.

But we all know the story.

vCash
    Allen Iverson is one of the G.O.A.T.

All haters of AI must leave psd forever or stfu

she says go for the championship

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants #1 Fan View Post
    The guy is retired. Who gives a ****?
    A.I. isn't retired.

vCash
    Listen, that "interview" was a pure ego stroke. It was a designed and controlled platform for him to say all the right things and do damage control. SAS dick rides certain stars. And I don't have a ton of hate for AI but he was selfish way to often and self centered for that interview to make me go "oh, all the actions HE TOOK and things he said didn't happen."

Not to mention anyone that refers to themselves in the third person is a turd.

The thing that drives me crazy is how overrated he was as a player. I don't care about his attitude

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RonE Coleman View Post
    Allen Iverson couldn't remember where he parked his car at a mall... So instead of looking for it he just bought another

This is why Athletes go broke
    Please find a link to this!! This is actually hilarious if true!!
    " Not 1, Not 2, Not 3, Not 4, Not 5, Not 6....."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashcuff View Post
    Dude some people's opinion on A.I. is NEVER going to change that's just the way it is. It isn't A.I.'s fault but rather those people themselves. They are the same type of people that call Kobe a rapist, Jason Kidd a wifebeater (when talking about his impact on the court) and Charles Barkley a racist. Those types of people exist in this world and no matter what you say or do they're going to remain the way they are.

PS my sig was taken from that very interview.
    he payed that white girl good

vCash
    I have no idea why ppl call AI selfish.....cause he didnt wanna come off the bench? He was better than 90% of the league

#KNICKS TAPED PLAYOFFS 2013

vCash
    I don't even like opening AI threads in PSD, but its been a while since I've seen one, so I did, so far I dont see anything really negative about him, usually it turns into a bash AI contest and some really personal f'd up **** is said, I dont care if you talk about his game, but I've seen some messed up things said about him on PSD. But BTW This is one of my all time favorite interviews, if you havent seen it, go watch it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by THE MTL View Post
    I have no idea why ppl call AI selfish.....cause he didnt wanna come off the bench? He was better than 90% of the league
    If he was still better than 90% of th league, he would have been offered huge contracts by good teams. Don be absurd

vCash
    Maturity? we're talking about maturity? Hey I hear you, it's funny to me to, hey it's strange to me too but we're talking about maturity man, we're not even talking about the game, when it actually matters, we're talking about maturity...

vCash
    Every time an AI thread happens, I'm emotionally torn between remembering and being thankful for my favorite athlete of all time while still having to deal with narrow-minded AI haters. The thing that kills me about Iverson's perception is that he's not so different from the majority of other athletes who come from similar upbringings, but he just happens to be one of the handful of athletes since Jordan who's fame transcended their sport. So him screwing up isn't so different from the mistakes that "Insert NBA Player's Name Here" has done, it's just that it's broadcasted to the entire world and Iverson is self aware to the point where he's not going to appease the masses and be fake when he's in trouble. It's the same reason so much of his amazing philanthropic ventures have gone largely unnoticed by the general public over the years. He is who he is. Unless he steps up and says otherwise, this is why I'll believe til the day I die that the league stopped supporting him. Once he spoke out on how fake the "NBA Cares" program was and exploited how it's all one big PR jerk off orchestrated by Stern, that's when teams suddenly decided they wanted no parts of him. It's unfortunate, it really is. But it's one of the many reasons I have so much respect for AI.

Check out my Eagles Blog, "The Green Blooded" http://thegreenblooded.blogspot.com/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingPosey View Post
    Listen, that "interview" was a pure ego stroke. It was a designed and controlled platform for him to say all the right things and do damage control. SAS dick rides certain stars. And I don't have a ton of hate for AI but he was selfish way to often and self centered for that interview to make me go "oh, all the actions HE TOOK and things he said didn't happen."

Not to mention anyone that refers to themselves in the third person is a turd.

The thing that drives me crazy is how overrated he was as a player. I don't care about his attitude
    x2

Over rated volume scorer. I wouldn't have him on any "best of" teams even if I got to the 34th set of 5 guys, because it's called a "team". And he wasn't about "team".

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy Mooque View Post
    Every time an AI thread happens, I'm emotionally torn between remembering and being thankful for my favorite athlete of all time while still having to deal with narrow-minded AI haters. The thing that kills me about Iverson's perception is that he's not so different from the majority of other athletes who come from similar upbringings, but he just happens to be one of the handful of athletes since Jordan who's fame transcended their sport. So him screwing up isn't so different from the mistakes that "Insert NBA Player's Name Here" has done, it's just that it's broadcasted to the entire world and Iverson is self aware to the point where he's not going to appease the masses and be fake when he's in trouble. It's the same reason so much of his amazing philanthropic ventures have gone largely unnoticed by the general public over the years. He is who he is. Unless he steps up and says otherwise, this is why I'll believe til the day I die that the league stopped supporting him. Once he spoke out on how fake the "NBA Cares" program was and exploited how it's all one big PR jerk off orchestrated by Stern, that's when teams suddenly decided they wanted no parts of him. It's unfortunate, it really is. But it's one of the many reasons I have so much respect for AI.
    Isn't that nice. In a prior thread someone wrote he should be given credit for his influence on style and music, as if that matters on the floor.

Coach and Team killer and selfish pig - that's what I'll go to my grave believing about this heavily overrated "style" leader - that and missed FG's.

EDIT ADD: Regarding the following post. Why bother? All the AI suck-ups wouldn't listen to JC himself if he told them AI was a disgusting fresser. I just like to help shape the minds of the innocent to the true nature of Iverson.... a small but interesting hobby. Bring up Dominique Wilkins sometimes if you want more. I like/respect the 76'ers franchise - and really great players such as Mo Cheeks, Moses, and Bobby Jones. As a one on one player Iverson was fabulous - as a teammate he's not fit to touch the bottom of the shoes of any of those guys.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 12-08-2012 at 04:44 PM.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast