Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Regarding Allen Iversons maturity

For people that still dont understand that Iverson isnt some selfish Cancer Wacth this Video Please i implore you wacth this video from YEARS ago like he was still in philly in his 1st stop when this was made you wacth this and tell me he is as bad as you all picture him atfer seeing this. Nobody is perfect Iverson has made mistakes but those mistakes have been blown way out of proportion and pushed into an extreme an has made an image of this man that just isn't him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmEdsjeRDDs

2012 allstar

vCash
    Dude some people's opinion on A.I. is NEVER going to change that's just the way it is. It isn't A.I.'s fault but rather those people themselves. They are the same type of people that call Kobe a rapist, Jason Kidd a wifebeater (when talking about his impact on the court) and Charles Barkley a racist. Those types of people exist in this world and no matter what you say or do they're going to remain the way they are.

PS my sig was taken from that very interview.

vCash
    Actually I think as time has gone on people have began to lessen their "hate" for Iverson and the idea that he never put his team first. To picture Iverson at that time of being a worse teammate than any of the superstars of today is pure comedy. What kind of team cancer played their heart out for 40+ minutes and got passionate/emotional over losing regular season games? Thats foreign to most guys now. Thats why every coach & teammate comes out to speak arguing against the perception AI gained during his time in Philly.

Since that interview the quality of the league's "character" has dropped with this new generation of players.

Are these guys criminals? No. However the importance of the game of basketball to many of the new generation of stars is debatable. Thats why they openly talk about joining forces in major media markets & privately letting management know of their plans. All they want to do is Tweet to their millions of followers & be seen at events in the big city. Then after a few years of playing with 1 dream team they make plans to go to another major media market where they can make more money.

At least AI loves basketball. Same with Derrick Rose and thats why I like him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashcuff View Post
    Dude some people's opinion on A.I. is NEVER going to change that's just the way it is. It isn't A.I.'s fault but rather those people themselves. They are the same type of people that call Kobe a rapist, Jason Kidd a wifebeater (when talking about his impact on the court) and Charles Barkley a racist. Those types of people exist in this world and no matter what you say or do they're going to remain the way they are.

The thing is I'm still not sure on what there is to hate about Iverson.

It seems like he just happened to be the superstar who emerged in that transition period between the Jordan Era(92-98) & the Collusion Era(2007-) and he represented what seemingly at the time was everything wrong with the game of basketball.

Now that we're 7-8 years removed from Iverson at his peak in regards to him dominating the media talk waves for every little thing he did it doesn't even seem as bad. People forget how easily the media could twist stories back then when your only way of sports news outside of your area was ESPN before all the resources we have now on the internet or our phones.

ESPN would just make a 10-15 segment on Iverson doing "this" or "that".

Same thing they did with Randy Moss and TO. They didn't stop doing certain things or saying things, its just that in time ESPN couldn't twist it and make a spectacle out of it like it was the biggest story ever.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    vCash
    Actions > Words

Iverson can say all the right things, but at the end of the day, what did he do on the court?

He was an amazing talent, but the combination of his style of play and size made it hard for him to succeed at a high level. If he brought a different mentality to the court, he could have had more success, but that said, he is an amazing player and unique and rare talent.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

vCash
    Great interview I love the guy but in all fairness he brought alot of it on hiself, but man he's done alot to elevate the league back when he was playing I just hate to see his story end on a sour note.

vCash
    Allen Iverson couldn't remember where he parked his car at a mall... So instead of looking for it he just bought another

This is why Athletes go broke

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RonE Coleman View Post
    Allen Iverson couldn't remember where he parked his car at a mall... So instead of looking for it he just bought another

lol where you hear that? That's hilarious

vCash

... He isnt broke lol..

2012 allstar

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thevcballer View Post
    ... He isnt broke lol..
    You dont think hes the only person whose done something like that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kenzo400 View Post
    lol where you hear that? That's hilarious
    I heard it years ago lol, Im looking for a link online but can't seem to find one yet.

vCash
    You dont think hes the only person whose done something like that?
    No but what does Other altheles having financial troubles have to do with AI as a person?

2012 allstar

vCash
    I don't think Iverson was a bad person or that he didn't care about winning. I just don't think he ever "got it" as far as how to work his talents into a winning team concept. He always approached it as he was the leader and he was going to carry his team. You need a guy that can step up and do that in certain spots, but you also have to be able to sacrifice some of the impact you could make to raise the output of the rest of the guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashcuff View Post

agreed, but he didn't exactly make himself likeable, or demand respect outside his basketball skills. Iverson was an easy player to not care about as a person.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thevcballer View Post
    No but what does Other altheles having financial troubles have to do with AI as a person?
    It doesn't, I like AI.

Just saw this thread and thats what popped into my head lol.

I believe the story was actually at an airport they couldn't find the car so instead of looking for it he just bought another.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast