Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stephen Curry

vCash

Stephen Curry

Dec. 7 -- His name has been missing from the substantive conversations about the NBA's best point guards. Golden State Warriors guard Stephen Curry is a lights-out shooter. No one disputes that fact. He's one of the craftiest scorers in the league when healthy.

But a great point guard?

It's only now, with Curry focused on leading his surprising Warriors, that his name is being tossed around as one of the youngsters poised to break into the league's elite group of floor generals.

Curry has put together four straight 20-point, 10-assist performances for the 11-7 Warriors, who are battling for the top spot in the Pacific Division. The Warriors have won six of their past eight games and eight of their past 11, giving the state of California a third team (along with the Los Angeles Clippers and Los Angeles Lakers) that could be in the West's playoff mix come April.

The rewards for Curry could come sooner, however, as he'll get strong consideration for a reserve spot on the Western Conference All-Star team if he keeps on playing like he has. He's already kicked the door down and joined the Kia Race to the MVP Ladder this week at our No. 10 spot.

"This is the player everyone was excited about when he was at Davidson," one Eastern Conference executive said. "You knew he had the potential to be a dynamic scorer and a great shooter. The question was always going to be about his ability to adjust to being a full-time point guard and whether that would take away from his scoring ability. When he and Monta [Ellis] were there together and he was always hurt, it didn't look like he was going to get there. But he's doing both right now and doing them well."

As he did in a win over the Pistons Wednesday. Curry scored 22 points, nailing four of his six shots from distance, while dishing out 10 assists to just one turnover to go along with four steals and three rebounds.

Warriors coach Mark Jackson, who is third all-time in assists in the NBA, is aware that Curry is in the midst of taking that next step in the evolutionary process any of the potentially great point guards must take.

"I'm sure he's had a great stretch of performances before, but what I love about the way he's playing right now is that he's in total control out there on the floor," Jackson said of Curry. "When things get crazy, there's no need for me to call a timeout, because I feel confident and comfortable with his ability to run this team. He's playing at a whole other level probably than he's ever played."

The "other" level is where the NBA's true stars reside every night.

Welcome to the party, Stephen Curry.
    http://www.nba.com/mvp-ladder/2012-13/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.
    I guess stats aren't factual when rattled off?

vCash
    Yes! Finally some recognition for Steph!
    Quote Originally Posted by freejimmer View Post
    Jimmer still being BLACK BALLED by the illuminati/homeboys...
    Quote Originally Posted by freejimmer View Post
    If Jimmer were to be given free reign offensively, the team would basically quit on the organization out of jealousy and envy. The white man is the minority in this game and the black players will be damned if the white man shows him up at his own game. Similar situation happening with Kevin Love, the team has to surround him with foreigners and whites because black players won't succumb to the greatness that is Kevin Love.

vCash
    Wait until he guards Crawford and he pulls his signature crossover.

vCash
    Glass ankles is definitely a top-tier shooter and its good to see him get some all-star consideration.

vCash
    I'll have to watch some kind of a live stream for a warriors game soon, haven't seen him since he was a rook.

vCash
    Bet Minnesota is salty for taking JONNY MF FLYNN. Called that one from Day One
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly Guy View Post
    I'll have to watch some kind of a live stream for a warriors game soon, haven't seen him since he was a rook.
    Watch tonight's game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LakersA's49ers View Post
    Bet Minnesota is salty for taking JONNY MF FLYNN. Called that one from Day One
    so did I.........ugh

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    I love me some Curry. I thought he would struggle to move to PG coming out of college, but he is a lights out shooter, underrated passer, and controls tempo fairly well. I fear his ankles, but I really like him as a player.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by asandhu23 View Post
    Watch tonight's game.
    good call, should be a good one....cheers.

vCash
    Like it's been said a million times... No one denies his talent/skill, but he needs to prove he can stay healthy.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Last five games he's averaging 21.4 points per game, 9.6 assist per game, and his defensive rating is now at 105, which would be considered elite. Not saying he's an elite defender, but he's clearly taking his game to the next level. This is the player everyone thought he would develop into when we drafted him.

If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by baller101200 View Post
    Like it's been said a million times... No one denies his talent/skill, but he needs to prove he can stay healthy.
    He hasn't missed a game yet this season, and you can tell he's not worried about it at all anymore. He has no fear when driving into the lane, he's not shying away from contact. I think the ankle problems might be behind him.

vCash
    He hasn't missed a game yet this season, and you can tell he's not worried about it at all anymore. He has no fear when driving into the lane, he's not shying away from contact. I think the ankle problems might be behind him.
    Hope so. I really like Curry and Lee... It'd be nice to see them in the playoffs this season.

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

vCash
    I don't think many people question Steph's ability; when he's healthy he's been pretty solid. The problem is he can't stay healthy.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast