I'm about done with Lovie myself, mediocre Fred
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JJ-30 View Post
    If we lose Lovie and the staff, we more the likely lose the Tampa 2 Defense. Our whole Defense is build around the Tampa 2 do we have the player to move now to a new Defense of game.
    The question remains of course now, that with Urlacher on his last legs, how long can the Tampa 2 even stay effective?

Population: Bears

vCash
    If the Bears don't make the Playoffs, then Lovie's gone, no question. If they make the Playoffs and get killed in their first game, then he's probably gone too.

But I really don't believe either will happen and unless we can land a clear upgrade, then I'm very weary about the Bears hiring another coach.

vCash

Lovie Smith

So is Sean Payton done in NO?

Dumb and dumber

vCash
    IF we don't make the playoffs..Lovie has to be gone. The Super Bowl year was 6-7 years ago and we have been back to the NFC title game 1 time since..
    We're getting fired!

vCash
    I'm sure in past years people have said Lovie will be gone if so and so, and it hasn't happened yet. So we don't know of it's gonna happen.

BTW I rather think about Superbowl XX then our 2nd one.

vCash
    Wow.... talk about over-reactions. Lovie makes 1 bad call that might have cost us a game and everyone is throwing him under the bus.... talk about short attentions spans and a lack of patience....

Can someone please list the specific reasons in which Lovie deserves to be fired? Don't just say, oh well if we don't reach the so and so he should be fired, that's assumptive and illogical.

Lovie is a defensive coach, our defense has been doing pretty damn well. Why we would get rid of Lovie and Rod, two of the best defensive coaches in the league, is beyond me. Are we to hold them responsible for the injuries and the fact that our defense has slowed down (probably due to age)?

If anyone should go it should be Tice. His passing plays aren't that intricate, he doesn't know how to make good use of Forte, and he could make better calls at times. But still, he has a bad Oline to work with.

If we have to simple-mindedly pin our failures this season on one person or group, because we don't realize that problems are more complicated than this, it should the be our FO in my book. The single biggest factor to our poor offensive performance has been our poor Oline. The longer we refuse to invest in this area, the longer this offense will under-perform, its that simple. We didn't invest in it at all over the off-season.
    Last edited by smiddy012; 12-07-2012 at 09:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SwatTeam View Post
    If Lebron can stretch out his arm from half court and dunk on a buzzer beater to beat the monSTARS and save planet Earth from annihilation and forced slavery with Bill Murray and Newman from Seinfeld as his teammates, then he will be considered the GOAT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smiddy012 View Post
    Wow.... talk about over-reactions. Lovie makes 1 bad call that might have cost us a game and everyone is throwing him under the bus.... talk about short attentions spans and a lack of patience....

Can someone please list the specific reasons in which Lovie deserves to be fired? Don't just say, oh well if we don't reach the so and so he should be fired, that's assumptive and illogical.

Lovie is a defensive coach, our defense has been doing pretty damn well. Why we would get rid of Lovie and Rod, two of the best defensive coaches in the league, is beyond me. Are we to hold them responsible for the injuries and the fact that our defense has slowed down (probably due to age)?

If anyone should go it should be Tice. His passing plays aren't that intricate, he doesn't know how to make good use of Forte, and he could make better calls at times. But still, he has a bad Oline to work with.

If we have to simple-mindedly pin our failures this season on one person or group, because we don't realize that problems are more complicated than this, it should the be our FO in my book. The single biggest factor to our poor offensive performance has been our poor Oline. The longer we refuse to invest in this area, the longer this offense will under-perform, its that simple. We didn't invest in it at all over the off-season.
    I agree with all of this. Great post

vCash
    In the NFL, one playoff appearance in five seasons is awful. One in six would be pathetic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    In the NFL, one playoff appearance in five seasons is awful. One in six would be pathetic.
    I think your a little ahead of yourself assuming we won't make the playoffs this year. We are 8-4

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMac83 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    I think your a little ahead of yourself assuming we won't make the playoffs this year. We are 8-4
    I don't think he's assuming we don't. Just saying it would be pathetic if we didn't. After lasts years meltdown, as bad as Hanie was, I wouldn't be too confident until we officially clinch. Especially now that the injuries are piling up.

Last time we didn't have Urlacher, the defense fell apart. I'm hoping that's not the case this time, but we'll see.

Dumb and dumber

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBears1127 View Post
    I don't think he's assuming we don't. Just saying it would be pathetic if we didn't. After lasts years meltdown, as bad as Hanie was, I wouldn't be too confident until we officially clinch. Especially now that the injuries are piling up.

Last time we didn't have Urlacher, the defense fell apart. I'm hoping that's not the case this time, but we'll see.
    Injuries are piling up but i have confidence that we can finish this season strong and actually be back to full strength for the playoff's minis IR obviously ,but we will b getting healthy at the right time. Thats kinda what the Giants did last year. Tons of injuries throughout the season and the only healthy team in the playoffs.

vCash

Ditto

vCash
    That won't be enough for Lovie to keep his job. I think we have to at least make it to the NFCCG for Lovie to stay.
    I disagree with this.

I think as long as the Bears make the playoffs Lovie will have bought himself another year.

If we miss the playoffs though, you have to fire him. Not making the playoffs with the way this team started would be unacceptable.

Take me back to the Forest

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smiddy012 View Post

Nobody is saying Fire Lovie right now. The argument all hinges on him failing to take us to the postseason.

Like it or not, this team has the talent to reach the playoffs even with the injuries we've had. Heck, the argument could be made that last year Hanie should have been gone a lot sooner than he was.

I like Lovie, but a collapse for the 2nd year straight and with the new regime likely means hes gone.

Chicago Bears #23
    Kyle "Cheetah" Fuller

Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast