Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Lovie Smith

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    It is but I don't think its top 5
    It was good for 8th wo going back and looking at their d/st scores. Name me a better bears offense in the last 20 years.

vCash
    I can't but that was never in dispute. All I said is they were never a top 5 offense.

vCash
    I can't but that was never in dispute. All I said is they were never a top 5 offense.
    Well that was the 8th best wo looking into st and d scores from any of the 7 teams above us.

vCash
    I think this is playoffs or bust for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    Well that was the 8th best wo looking into st and d scores from any of the 7 teams above us.
    It's all good, I just nitpicked.

vCash
    It is but I don't think its top 5
    So what? Is it expected for a team to be elite in every aspect? I'll take 24 points a game not including Defense and ST. And the idea that the defense and special teams don't matter in this talk is ridiculous. The ability to score on defense is SUCH a huge advantage that we have over other teams as a direct result of Lovie preaching turnovers.

IDGAF

vCash
    You don't even know where/why this started so I don't think you need to say anything. He said Martz had produced a top 5 offense, and he hadn't. That's the only bone I picked.

vCash
    If he's canned, I'd like us to get Gruden, Billick or Chip Kelly

vCash
    Lovie is one of the most unlikeable coaches in the NFL. That being said I thnk he has had his teams play better then their talent level year in and year out. I'm really indifferent about getting rid of him, but I blame personnel more then him for why the Bears have struggled.
    Last edited by BushLeague; 12-05-2012 at 12:42 AM.

vCash
    I would hate Gruden if he ever coached the Bears. Not because he isn't a good head coach but I can't stand how he loves every single thing that happens during a MNF game. His mind is always blown by something he has never seen in 20 years

vCash
    Just by the fans because he never looses his composure and doesnt show any type of emotion other then a slight smile or he tenses his lips when hes pissed off. Players and other coaches have a TON of respect for him, not only as a coach but as a man. I honestly think a new coach will only set us back further. Like you said, its our personel. Our number one weakness is HORRIBLE Offensive line play. If you look back at the bears history. We had a great offensive line, Angelo dismantled it, tried to make a few tweaks to hold it together for a couple years. But each draft, year in and year out, angelo put the Offensive line at the bottom of his priority, sorry to say it but weve been set back years. Hopefully our new GM will right the ship in a year or two. Right now I believe Lovie and even Mike Tice are squeezing as much as they can from what theyve got.

Quote Originally Posted by BushLeague View Post
    Lovie is one of the most unlikeable coaches in the NFL. That being said I thnk he has had his teams play better then their talent level year in and year out. I'm really indifferent about getting rid of him, but I blame personnel more then him for why the Bears have struggled.

vCash
    I wouldnt want Gruden here. Im kinda tired of the cover 2 defense.

Harbaugh would have been ideal but oh well. Id like to possibly see a 3-4 defensive minded coach.
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER ChiTownGuido23

vCash
    I don't think we will see a 3-4 scheme here and during the hiring process, Ted Phillips said as much, iirc.

vCash
    If we lose Lovie and the staff, we more the likely lose the Tampa 2 Defense. Our whole Defense is build around the Tampa 2 do we have the player to move now to a new Defense of game.

vCash
    Nope

Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast