I really want to close this....
    Why? It's not a bad thread

Three-Decker Sauerkraut and Toadstool Sandwich with Arsenic Sauce

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jpro611 View Post
    Why? It's not a bad thread
    Because we have the same convo in every igt lol

vCash
    Just for the record, when I said clean house I did not mean a complete one as in get rid of all our players and start over. I'm talking solely about the staff.

Dumb and dumber

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBears1127 View Post
    Just for the record, when I said clean house I did not mean a complete one as in get rid of all our players and start over. I'm talking solely about the staff.
    Staff means change in scheme which means we would be getting rid of a few players at the very least.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cub_StuckinSTL View Post
    Staff means change in scheme which means we would be getting rid of a few players at the very least.
    Yup. Most likely if we do change, Melton/Peppers/Shea are staying but some of the depth DEs might be let go.

vCash
    Mostly on defense, and at this point it's not a bad idea to get younger on D because I don't see this defense getting any better with most of our best players getting old. Urlacher is basically done, Tillman/Peppers/Briggs are going to start declining. I could see this defense sticking around for one more year at best assuming Lovie stays.

Dumb and dumber

vCash
    It's just depressing to see a guy like London fletcher still beasting and Urlacher being hampered from an I jury

vCash
    This is stupid. Firing Lovie is stupid. Lovie is a fantastic defensive mind if you ask me. Frankly, we've been contenders just about every year Lovie has been here, and there's no coach out there I'd rather have right now. We have one of the most disciplined teams in the league, we don't do stupid things, and overall, Lovie has never embarrassed me to be a Bears fan. The players love him, and there have been multiple times when a player has said they joined the team or stayed on the team just to play under him. There's no way its a coincidence that since he's joined, the Bears have led the league in turnovers (and it's not even close). A few bad series by the defense is not enough for me to lose trust in him, especially when he's able to take blame for the loss (which he did)

The MVP is back

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by La_Biblioteca View Post
    This is stupid. Firing Lovie is stupid. Lovie is a fantastic defensive mind if you ask me. Frankly, we've been contenders just about every year Lovie has been here, and there's no coach out there I'd rather have right now. We have one of the most disciplined teams in the league, we don't do stupid things, and overall, Lovie has never embarrassed me to be a Bears fan. The players love him, and there have been multiple times when a player has said they joined the team or stayed on the team just to play under him. There's no way its a coincidence that since he's joined, the Bears have led the league in turnovers (and it's not even close). A few bad series by the defense is not enough for me to lose trust in him, especially when he's able to take blame for the loss (which he did)
    They've made the playoffs once in the past five seasons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by La_Biblioteca View Post
    Frankly, you're wrong. If we were contenders every year like you said, we would have made the playoffs more than three times in his 8 year tenure. And I put a little blame on Angelo for this, but Lovie has not done much to help the offense either. Every OC he has hired has been a failure.

Dumb and dumber

vCash
    There's nothing crucial about Lovie's career hinging on this year. It will either be a bookend on his career as a coach in Chicago or a justification for him to groom another candidate from within the organization. The Bears certainly won't be firing him.

I don't think Hallas Hall has the will to go outside of the organization for their next coach and they certainly won't be paying top dollar for an established name - especially if they can find another tight lipped gentleman like Lovie already acclimated to the management.

vCash
    I really want to close this....
    Why? It's a legit question and discussion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TopsyTurvy View Post
    There's nothing crucial about Lovie's career hinging on this year. It will either be a bookend on his career as a coach in Chicago or a justification for him to groom another candidate from within the organization. The Bears certainly won't be firing him.

I don't think Hallas Hall has the will to go outside of the organization for their next coach and they certainly won't be paying top dollar for an established name - especially if they can find another tight lipped gentleman like Lovie already acclimated to the management.
    If the Bears miss the playoffs and keep Lovie Smith, then I'm convinced that they are content with mediocrity. I still don't see how Lovie stays if that happens though. Emery was hired under one condition and that was to keep Lovie here for at least one year. It's his call after this season.

Dumb and dumber

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBears1127 View Post
    Frankly, you're wrong. If we were contenders every year like you said, we would have made the playoffs more than three times in his 8 year tenure. And I put a little blame on Angelo for this, but Lovie has not done much to help the offense either. Every OC he has hired has been a failure.
    By "contenders" I mean, we've had the ability to make the playoffs. In 07, we lost out due to like, everyone being hurt. In 09, Urlacher was hurt, and there were a lot of games we could have won. In 2011, Cutler gets hurt, if he doesn't we almost definitely make the playoffs, and now I feel like our team is gonna be good for a long time. Lovie has done his part in making our team successful. It's not his fault for injuries and so what I said is correct. Our worst record not including 2004 under him is 7-9. That's pretty darn good.

As for his OCs, and them failing, it's not all the OC's fault that they had no talent outside of Cutler. Furthermore, we've been way more successful than most teams since his tenure. It's true, we've only made the playoffs a few times, but we could have been in SO many more times if a few things that went wrong hadn't. Lovie has given us the ABILITY to be contenders no matter what because his defenses have been so dominant.

The MVP is back

vCash
    The guy's teflon. He'll survive. I'm begining to think he has some pics of Vag McCaskey in compromising positions with Teddy Roosevelt or something.
    Last edited by Max Power; 12-04-2012 at 08:34 PM.

Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast