Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 55 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Lovie Smith

vCash
    Bears normally have a certain way to choose their HC. He is defensive minded, runs a 4-3, and has no previous head coaching experience in the NFL.

They will not still pay Lovie $5m next year while firing him and then bring in another big name, high priced coach. Won't happen!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jocko View Post
    A question to you all:

Do you think that Lovie knows his time is up, or is he still in a confident/denial bubble?
    With his buddy Angelo gone, I don't see how he can be confident in keeping his job. It would take a huge season turn around for that to happen. No excuse for going from 7-1 and controlling our destiny to completely falling off the face of the earth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Rules View Post
    Bears normally have a certain way to choose their HC. He is defensive minded, runs a 4-3, and has no previous head coaching experience in the NFL.

They will not still pay Lovie $5m next year while firing him and then bring in another big name, high priced coach. Won't happen!!!!
    Who knows...with a different McCaskey in charge now, anything is possible. If they want to give Emery full control (and they absolutely should), then they have to let him pick the next coach without financial limitations.

I'm not optimistic that'll happen, but getting an Assistant isn't the worst thing in the world, but IMO it has to be someone offensive minded. It's time for the Bears as a franchise to adapt to the NFL...you need an offense to win a Super Bowl these days.

vCash
    I think the decision to keep Lovie around hinges on one thing: the offensive coaching. If they're looking to revamp the offensive coaching staff after this season then we might as well clean house and start fresh, maybe throw **** tons of money at Sean Payton. If we're going to give Tice, or maybe Bates a shot at calling plays still, then stick with Lovie for another year and see what happens. It would be ridiculous to see us overhaul the offensive staff but keep Lovie, possibly have another crappy year, then overhaul the whole staff including the recently revamped offensive staff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniDitka View Post
    I think the decision to keep Lovie around hinges on one thing: the offensive coaching. If they're looking to revamp the offensive coaching staff after this season then we might as well clean house and start fresh, maybe throw **** tons of money at Sean Payton. If we're going to give Tice, or maybe Bates a shot at calling plays still, then stick with Lovie for another year and see what happens. It would be ridiculous to see us overhaul the offensive staff but keep Lovie, possibly have another crappy year, then overhaul the whole staff including the recently revamped offensive staff.
    The problem with something like this is that we'll see the same result as when we hired Martz. Very few coaches will want the job under a lame duck coach.

I just want a completely new regime and I don't even care if the D becomes average if it means the new coaches can maximize our offensive potential. It's ridiculous that the Offense is this bad with Cutler, Marshall, Forte, Jeffery, Bennett, Bush, etc. Sure, the O-line is terrible, but creative playcalling and player development can cover up some of that...but Mike Tice has proven that's incapable of both.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    The problem with something like this is that we'll see the same result as when we hired Martz. Very few coaches will want the job under a lame duck coach.

I just want a completely new regime and I don't even care if the D becomes average if it means the new coaches can maximize our offensive potential. It's ridiculous that the Offense is this bad with Cutler, Marshall, Forte, Jeffery, Bennett, Bush, etc. Sure, the O-line is terrible, but creative playcalling and player development can cover up some of that...but Mike Tice has proven that's incapable of both.
    You hit the nail on the head with this post. There are ways to counter bad pass protection. The Packers have the same problem, and all I saw today was a bunch of slants to keep the defense on their toes. Mike Tice and his crap play calling is a bigger problem than some make it out to be.

vCash
    I hate when Tice calls back to back run plays from the middle that bothers me alot.

vCash
    I am just so disgusted by this second half of the season. I really think Lovie needs to go unless he wins the Super Bowl.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    I'm a huge Lovie fan. He gets more out of less than just about every coach out there. That said, I really think it's time for a change. On black tuesday. Not at the end of his contract.

This team plays with no heart.....no drive......no sense of urgency......no motivation.....no will to win......no killer instinct. It's as if they're playing, not to lose. They look like a bunch of heartless, defeated vagina's out there. I believe it's because they have no confidence in what they are doing. I also think they no longer believe the way they used to in the system.

When this happens, it's time for a change. Let the new head coach hire and fire his whole staff. Most would and should be gone.

It's dreadfully painfully to watch what our Bears have become. Unless my fellow fans are watching a different team than I am, I'm quite sure most of you will agree. It's time for a change.
    i agree. time for a change. you can argue that lovie's a defensive minded coach, but i don't buy it. he's the head coach and this offense under him has been pathetic. and this season is a clear example of that. tice sux...plain and simple. btw who is the one that picked him? lovie.

lovie's the one that picked turner and stuck with him for all those sufferable years. also, i'm sure lovie would have some input in decisions made to help or not help our offensive line. sorry lovie supporters, but i'm done with lovie.

one more point, i'm done with hester as a slot/wide receiver. leave him on ST's.
    Cheers,
    --Tank

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan Rules View Post

Emery is gonna clean house after the season. I think he's going to make a huge off-season splash. He's going to sign a offence minded coach. That defence wins champships idea is done and over with. I dont see Emery wasting any more of Cutlers,Marshall,Forte,Bush,Briggs,Tillmans,Pepper s skills. He knows that this team is a win now team. All we really need is a good HC to make it happen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JUNBUGG18-CHI View Post
    Emery is gonna clean house after the season. I think he's going to make a huge off-season splash. He's going to sign a offence minded coach. That defence wins champships idea is done and over with. I dont see Emery wasting any more of Cutlers,Marshall,Forte,Bush,Briggs,Tillmans,Pepper s skills. He knows that this team is a win now team. All we really need is a good HC to make it happen.
    we've got too much skill on both sides of the ball for this kind of losing streak to be happening.
    Cheers,
    --Tank

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tankjeep View Post
    one more point, i'm done with hester as a slot/wide receiver. leave him on ST's.
    This should of been obvious two years ago. It's Lovie's stubbornness as to why they have left him there far too long. Same with Kellen Davis. That's one of Lovie's greatest faults, he's too damn stubborn.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    This should of been obvious two years ago. It's Lovie's stubbornness as to why they have left him there far too long. Same with Kellen Davis. That's one of Lovie's greatest faults, he's too damn stubborn.
    stubborn or loyal? either way, i agree. spaeth or adams should be playing in place of the biggest ***** of all in davis.
    Cheers,
    --Tank

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    I think it's more that he is completely incapable of making an adjustment of any kind.

And did somebody say something along the lines of "Lovie gets more out of less.."?

Thanks, I needed a good a laugh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tankjeep View Post
    stubborn or loyal? either way, i agree. spaeth or adams should be playing in place of the biggest ***** of all in davis.
    also he sucks @ half time adjustments. Why was moore left out there after getting burned so many times. he was quick to bench carimi but not davis,moore, or webb

Page 19 of 55 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast