Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 14 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 196 to 210 of 814

Thread: Lovie Smith

  1. #196
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,629
    vCash
    1500
    Short of winning the SB, I don't see Lovie coming back. Emery will be able to bring in his own guy, instead of getting a JA guy.

    As much as I like Lovie, it's time for a change. The league has changed so much in the last 10 years, with little or no change in the Bears philosophy.

  2. #197
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Milkyway
    Posts
    11,627
    vCash
    1500
    As mentioned previously in this thread, the OC from the Texans would be intriguing if Lovie must go. It seems like the Bears have always went with Defensive coaches.

  3. #198
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,903
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    Short of winning the SB, I don't see Lovie coming back. Emery will be able to bring in his own guy, instead of getting a JA guy.

    As much as I like Lovie, it's time for a change. The league has changed so much in the last 10 years, with little or no change in the Bears philosophy.
    He should of done this when he got hired

  4. #199
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,629
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DeyAce View Post
    He should of done this when he got hired
    Yea, but then they would have had to pay Lovie anyway. Now that his contract is up, it's a no brainer.

  5. #200
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,903
    vCash
    1500
    True

  6. #201
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    North Liberty, Iowa
    Posts
    467
    vCash
    1500
    I dont understand why the Bears cant have what the packers, patriots, pittsburg, baltimore, giants have. and heck you can even throw indy in there other than last year, and that is a consistent winning football team. a perenial playoff team. Its freakin Chicago for god sakes. The packers have more injuries than the Bears and they still win. MAKES ME SICK. Its gotta be Lovies Last year if we dont go to the super bowl. Case closed. Sign Sean Payton, open the check book Mckaskies.


    JUST HAVING ANOTHER HEART ATTACK HERE BOB!!! AAAAND IM DONE! THAT MAKES A BAKERS DOZEN.

  7. #202
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,903
    vCash
    1500
    ^^ I think David Kaplan would agree with that. I'm worried that if we get bounced in the 1st or 2nd round Lovie will be back.

  8. #203
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    North Liberty, Iowa
    Posts
    467
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DeyAce View Post
    ^^ I think David Kaplan would agree with that. I'm worried that if we get bounced in the 1st or 2nd round Lovie will be back.
    lol, yeah i do watch chicago tribune live every night. But I was the one screaming at the television on draft night when riley reiff was sitting there and we take shea mcclellan. I really hope he turns into an impact player because, our oline is still a train wreck and shea doesnt see the field as much and reiff is doing well in detriot. And i wanna say that i was chastized on this forum because reiff was a hawkeye and played football 10 min away from me. A little bias, maybe but he was the best choice and fell into our lap and we passed on him.


    JUST HAVING ANOTHER HEART ATTACK HERE BOB!!! AAAAND IM DONE! THAT MAKES A BAKERS DOZEN.

  9. #204
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    9,108
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DeyAce View Post
    He should of done this when he got hired
    Emery was not allowed to fire Lovie in his first season as GM. That was one of the conditions the FO placed on him when he got hired.

  10. #205
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,148
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by chitownwindsof8 View Post
    I dont understand why the Bears cant have what the packers, patriots, pittsburg, baltimore, giants have. and heck you can even throw indy in there other than last year, and that is a consistent winning football team. a perenial playoff team. Its freakin Chicago for god sakes. The packers have more injuries than the Bears and they still win. MAKES ME SICK. Its gotta be Lovies Last year if we dont go to the super bowl. Case closed. Sign Sean Payton, open the check book Mckaskies.
    This isn't a wrong request, but you do realize that most of the franchises you named have had prolonged stretches of comical incompetence just like the Bears have right? You may not have been alive to witness it, but they have happened.

  11. #206
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    9,108
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrionLannister View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chitownwindsof8 View Post
    I dont understand why the Bears cant have what the packers, patriots, pittsburg, baltimore, giants have. and heck you can even throw indy in there other than last year, and that is a consistent winning football team. a perenial playoff team. Its freakin Chicago for god sakes. The packers have more injuries than the Bears and they still win. MAKES ME SICK. Its gotta be Lovies Last year if we dont go to the super bowl. Case closed. Sign Sean Payton, open the check book Mckaskies.
    This isn't a wrong request, but you do realize that most of the franchises you named have had prolonged stretches of comical incompetence just like the Bears have right? You may not have been alive to witness it, but they have happened.
    But the Bears haven't had a perennial contender since the 80's.

  12. #207
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,148
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBears1127 View Post
    But the Bears haven't had a perennial contender since the 80's.
    Hence why I said he may not have been alive to witness them. I'm the same, I haven't seen it either. Like I said, he's not wrong.

  13. #208
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    CHICAGO
    Posts
    202
    vCash
    1500
    The coach Im looking @ is Kyle Shanahan. Would bring a similar offence like his dads and Cutler, Marshall are already familiar with and Forte and Bush would love his run play.

  14. #209
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    11,495
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JUNBUGG18-CHI View Post
    The coach Im looking @ is Kyle Shanahan. Would bring a similar offence like his dads and Cutler, Marshall are already familiar with and Forte and Bush would love his run play.
    No thanks. Daddy nearly had to fire him last year. I want Ben McAdoo or Jerry Fontenot. I'd like Fontenot as the HC and McAdoo as the OC.

    It just sucks that Jay will once again likely switch OC's.

  15. #210
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,396
    vCash
    1500
    I was thinking about Kyle Shanahan also, or Jay Gruden.

    - Not sure how much of Shanahan's success is due to his dad. Kid is only 28... but has been around the league forever. His lack of connection w/ defense would worry me. Would definitely need a strong coordinator.

    - Gruden has done a lot of good work with Andy Dalton. Marvin Lewis is a defensive coach. Former QB himself, has been a head coach (well, area league...)


    ... still thinking about and andy reid/ron rivera reunion. go ahead and destroy...

Page 14 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •