Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 7 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 814

Thread: Lovie Smith

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,723
    vCash
    1500
    I will say that if we do not make the playoffs this year, he should be fired. Two years in a row after the records we have started to finish out of the playoffs is insane. Stupid penalties and errors mainly due to lack of discipline / coaching. The Offense is garbage. Absolutely terrible. Fire Tice. If we don't make it, fire Lovie for not stepping up as a head coach.



  2. #92
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 85BearsDefense View Post
    Do people honestly think this team will be better without Lovie? Who is going to replace him ? CMon now.
    So if we start 7-1 and miss the playoffs you think his job is safe? He's not a top tier coach. It's that simple. Far to stubborn to make adjustments concerning diff opponents. Team is lifeless. Game management is a joke.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,399
    vCash
    1500
    We have the necessary players for an offense Cower would run, minus the oline. However rebuilding the defense would take too long, unless they run some type of hybrid.

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    10,635
    vCash
    1275
    Quote Originally Posted by ho_va2006 View Post
    We have the necessary players for an offense Cower would run, minus the oline. However rebuilding the defense would take too long, unless they run some type of hybrid.
    It is going to take a few offseasons to rebuild the D no matter what IMO. You have solid building blocks on the DL (Melton, Wootton, Paea, and Shea to a lesser extent) and in the Secondary (Conte and Wright/Hardin- one stays, one goes). All of the players listed I think can fit in to any system. But, we are going to have to completely re-build the LB corp. If Shea doesn't pan out then we need another edge rusher, and he's been a massive disappointment for me. Both CBs are FAs after next season and will be 33 and 31.

    I'm going to stick by Rick Dennison as my preferred candidate. This is going to have to be an offensive driven team through the transition of the D. Dennison has a history of success with Jay and BMarsh and a RB like Forte; and I love his scheme.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    54,239
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    It is going to take a few offseasons to rebuild the D no matter what IMO. You have solid building blocks on the DL (Melton, Wootton, Paea, and Shea to a lesser extent) and in the Secondary (Conte and Wright/Hardin- one stays, one goes). All of the players listed I think can fit in to any system. But, we are going to have to completely re-build the LB corp. If Shea doesn't pan out then we need another edge rusher, and he's been a massive disappointment for me. Both CBs are FAs after next season and will be 33 and 31.

    I'm going to stick by Rick Dennison as my preferred candidate. This is going to have to be an offensive driven team through the transition of the D. Dennison has a history of success with Jay and BMarsh and a RB like Forte; and I love his scheme.
    Was Dennison the OC in Denver? I'm not familiar with him, but if Lovie is fired the next coach absolutely has to have an offensive background IMO.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,904
    vCash
    1500
    I want Cowher, Peyton, or Kelly. Lovie needs to go

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    10,635
    vCash
    1275
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Was Dennison the OC in Denver? I'm not familiar with him, but if Lovie is fired the next coach absolutely has to have an offensive background IMO.
    Yeah, he was the OC for Denver in 06, 07, and 08; and the OL coach for Denver from 2001-2005. He has been the OC in Houston since 2010.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,457
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    Yeah, he was the OC for Denver in 06, 07, and 08; and the OL coach for Denver from 2001-2005. He has been the OC in Houston since 2010.

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    21,150
    vCash
    1500
    I like what BCB is thinking. People are too fixated on getting some name coach, when most of the successful turnarounds/transitions lately have been coordinators with no HC experience.

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Milkyway
    Posts
    11,627
    vCash
    1500
    It doesn't look like Lovie will be back at the rate that this team is playing lately.

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,736
    vCash
    1500
    About the big names that are being thrown around. In the history of the Chicago Bears, they have NEVER hired a head coach, who was ever a previous head coach in the NFL. Every head coach this team has ever hired, was their first head coaching job!

  12. #102
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    19,862
    vCash
    1500
    Lovie and staff need to go if we do not make the playoffs...it should be that simple.

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Durham, NH
    Posts
    468
    vCash
    1500
    Cam Cameron anyone?

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    14,393
    vCash
    1500
    If the Bears don't make the playoffs after starting 7-1 with what happened last year, then you have to fire Lovie. That is just unforgivable. I love the idea of Dennison. The Bears would never pony up the cash to sign a coach like Cowher or Payton. I like Lovie and what he has done, but the last few years have been unbelievable.

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Hometown of Jerry Hairston
    Posts
    52,328
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    Lovie and staff need to go if we do not make the playoffs...it should be that simple.
    It should be that simple but I guess some people want to give him "One more chance" even though it seems like he's been given one more chance for the past 4 years.

Page 7 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •