Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Lovie Smith

vCash
    I will say that if we do not make the playoffs this year, he should be fired. Two years in a row after the records we have started to finish out of the playoffs is insane. Stupid penalties and errors mainly due to lack of discipline / coaching. The Offense is garbage. Absolutely terrible. Fire Tice. If we don't make it, fire Lovie for not stepping up as a head coach.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 85BearsDefense View Post
    Do people honestly think this team will be better without Lovie? Who is going to replace him ? CMon now.
    So if we start 7-1 and miss the playoffs you think his job is safe? He's not a top tier coach. It's that simple. Far to stubborn to make adjustments concerning diff opponents. Team is lifeless. Game management is a joke.

vCash
    We have the necessary players for an offense Cower would run, minus the oline. However rebuilding the defense would take too long, unless they run some type of hybrid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ho_va2006 View Post
    We have the necessary players for an offense Cower would run, minus the oline. However rebuilding the defense would take too long, unless they run some type of hybrid.
    It is going to take a few offseasons to rebuild the D no matter what IMO. You have solid building blocks on the DL (Melton, Wootton, Paea, and Shea to a lesser extent) and in the Secondary (Conte and Wright/Hardin- one stays, one goes). All of the players listed I think can fit in to any system. But, we are going to have to completely re-build the LB corp. If Shea doesn't pan out then we need another edge rusher, and he's been a massive disappointment for me. Both CBs are FAs after next season and will be 33 and 31.

I'm going to stick by Rick Dennison as my preferred candidate. This is going to have to be an offensive driven team through the transition of the D. Dennison has a history of success with Jay and BMarsh and a RB like Forte; and I love his scheme.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    It is going to take a few offseasons to rebuild the D no matter what IMO. You have solid building blocks on the DL (Melton, Wootton, Paea, and Shea to a lesser extent) and in the Secondary (Conte and Wright/Hardin- one stays, one goes). All of the players listed I think can fit in to any system. But, we are going to have to completely re-build the LB corp. If Shea doesn't pan out then we need another edge rusher, and he's been a massive disappointment for me. Both CBs are FAs after next season and will be 33 and 31.

I'm going to stick by Rick Dennison as my preferred candidate. This is going to have to be an offensive driven team through the transition of the D. Dennison has a history of success with Jay and BMarsh and a RB like Forte; and I love his scheme.
    Was Dennison the OC in Denver? I'm not familiar with him, but if Lovie is fired the next coach absolutely has to have an offensive background IMO.

vCash
    I want Cowher, Peyton, or Kelly. Lovie needs to go

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Was Dennison the OC in Denver? I'm not familiar with him, but if Lovie is fired the next coach absolutely has to have an offensive background IMO.
    Yeah, he was the OC for Denver in 06, 07, and 08; and the OL coach for Denver from 2001-2005. He has been the OC in Houston since 2010.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    Yeah, he was the OC for Denver in 06, 07, and 08; and the OL coach for Denver from 2001-2005. He has been the OC in Houston since 2010.

vCash
    I like what BCB is thinking. People are too fixated on getting some name coach, when most of the successful turnarounds/transitions lately have been coordinators with no HC experience.

vCash
    It doesn't look like Lovie will be back at the rate that this team is playing lately.

vCash
    About the big names that are being thrown around. In the history of the Chicago Bears, they have NEVER hired a head coach, who was ever a previous head coach in the NFL. Every head coach this team has ever hired, was their first head coaching job!

vCash
    Lovie and staff need to go if we do not make the playoffs...it should be that simple.

vCash
    Cam Cameron anyone?

vCash
    If the Bears don't make the playoffs after starting 7-1 with what happened last year, then you have to fire Lovie. That is just unforgivable. I love the idea of Dennison. The Bears would never pony up the cash to sign a coach like Cowher or Payton. I like Lovie and what he has done, but the last few years have been unbelievable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    Lovie and staff need to go if we do not make the playoffs...it should be that simple.
    It should be that simple but I guess some people want to give him "One more chance" even though it seems like he's been given one more chance for the past 4 years.

Page 7 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast