Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 6 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 814

Thread: Lovie Smith

  1. #76
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,146
    vCash
    1400
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBears1127 View Post
    I don't think he's assuming we don't. Just saying it would be pathetic if we didn't. After lasts years meltdown, as bad as Hanie was, I wouldn't be too confident until we officially clinch. Especially now that the injuries are piling up.

    Last time we didn't have Urlacher, the defense fell apart. I'm hoping that's not the case this time, but we'll see.
    Spot on, thanks.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Hometown of Jerry Hairston
    Posts
    52,656
    vCash
    1500
    I just hope they don't give him a contract extension, especially if they're one and done in the playoffs. Let him play out his contract and then decide if you want to extend him or not. There is no need to give him an extension just because he's entering the final year of his deal.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Wilson, NC
    Posts
    11,901
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    I just hope they don't give him a contract extension, especially if they're one and done in the playoffs. Let him play out his contract and then decide if you want to extend him or not. There is no need to give him an extension just because he's entering the final year of his deal.
    This sounds logical. There's plenty of time for Emery.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    1,476
    vCash
    1500
    Remember when a bunch of us before this season thought our offense would be top 10 and our defense would be top 15. Now we're talking about how Lovie needs to go if our offense can't get it's **** together, and how were boned if our D can't keep this team affloat… again.

  5. 12-08-2012, 03:16 PM
    Reason
    if you're going to reply to posts with a facepalm & insult...don't bother replying at all

  6. #80
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Milkyway
    Posts
    11,627
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    I just hope they don't give him a contract extension, especially if they're one and done in the playoffs. Let him play out his contract and then decide if you want to extend him or not. There is no need to give him an extension just because he's entering the final year of his deal.
    While I can see your point, the issue could be that if we don't resign him, another team would at the end of his contract. So, signing him or extending him could be best. Personally I don't think there are very many coaches out there that are better. He's not perfect, he needs to close the season better, but there is not one available coach who wouldvdo a better job.

  7. #81
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Milkyway
    Posts
    11,627
    vCash
    1500
    And for those of you who would suggest Cohwer, it took him 14 yrs before winning a championship. It took Dungy 11 years and 2 different teams before winning his first championship.

    Lovie has the respect of his players and they play hard for him. Lovie's short coming has always been not having the talent on offense and an OC that has the best offensive scheme to compliment his defense that is based on the offense having the edge in time of possession. Lovie's defense is predicated on speed and takeaways. It works best when our offense controls the ball and our defense gets plenty rest.

  8. #82
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Hometown of Jerry Hairston
    Posts
    52,656
    vCash
    1500
    So at what point does Lovie get held accountable for this teams lack of success? It's great and all that the team loves playing for him but at some point there needs to be results

  9. #83
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    11,017
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by gocubs2118 View Post
    So at what point does Lovie get held accountable for this teams lack of success? It's great and all that the team loves playing for him but at some point there needs to be results

    Absolutely. I started off as a Love Smith Hater, and only converted a couple season ago when I realized that his players truly will run through walls for the guy.

    With that being said, like you mentioned, there have to be results. Just because all the players love playing for him doesn't give him a pass, as you mentioned, and the best solution for this is to let him play out the final year of his contract with no extension. I know the Bears will probably take flack for letting a coach dangle in the wind and they've historically avoided such situations w/him, but it's time to put up or shut up as far as I'm concerned.

    I hope that Lovie has success and he's our coach for another 10 years. If he wins a Super Bowl, I'd give him a 4 year extension without flinching. But with the way that Lovie and Urlacher have always kind of been tied together, results in the next four to however many weeks plus next season should be the only thing taken into consideration as we have to think about the future.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  10. #84
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,146
    vCash
    1400
    The "plays hard for him" spiel is BS media spin. They're going to try less for a different coach? If that's the case, they must have some pretty questionable character.
    What's the point, as long as there are cooridinators to fire, he will never be held accountable.

  11. #85
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    22,088
    vCash
    1500
    I kind of feel like these last 2 weeks Lovie has pushed me toward the 'fire' crowd. I honestly don't think the T2 will ever win another SB, with any coach.

  12. #86
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,952
    vCash
    1500
    I'm a huge Lovie fan. He gets more out of less than just about every coach out there. That said, I really think it's time for a change. On black tuesday. Not at the end of his contract.

    This team plays with no heart.....no drive......no sense of urgency......no motivation.....no will to win......no killer instinct. It's as if they're playing, not to lose. They look like a bunch of heartless, defeated vagina's out there. I believe it's because they have no confidence in what they are doing. I also think they no longer believe the way they used to in the system.

    When this happens, it's time for a change. Let the new head coach hire and fire his whole staff. Most would and should be gone.

    It's dreadfully painfully to watch what our Bears have become. Unless my fellow fans are watching a different team than I am, I'm quite sure most of you will agree. It's time for a change.

  13. #87
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    6,984
    vCash
    1500
    Do people honestly think this team will be better without Lovie? Who is going to replace him ? CMon now.


    You can cover a turd in sugar but in the end you'll still have a turd... Or you'll have a typical Marc Trestman press conference describing his pathetic team.

  14. #88
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by La_Biblioteca View Post
    By "contenders" I mean, we've had the ability to make the playoffs. In 07, we lost out due to like, everyone being hurt. In 09, Urlacher was hurt, and there were a lot of games we could have won. In 2011, Cutler gets hurt, if he doesn't we almost definitely make the playoffs, and now I feel like our team is gonna be good for a long time. Lovie has done his part in making our team successful. It's not his fault for injuries and so what I said is correct. Our worst record not including 2004 under him is 7-9. That's pretty darn good.

    As for his OCs, and them failing, it's not all the OC's fault that they had no talent outside of Cutler. Furthermore, we've been way more successful than most teams since his tenure. It's true, we've only made the playoffs a few times, but we could have been in SO many more times if a few things that went wrong hadn't. Lovie has given us the ABILITY to be contenders no matter what because his defenses have been so dominant.
    Good teams overcome adversity. We don't. Team wasn't prepared against Seattle. Lovie is the worst game Coach. The team just looks flat. Time for a change. When things go south with this staff it continues to spiral. Hiring Tice?? Still thinking Hester is a receiver?? Tired of the vanilla football.

  15. #89
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by La_Biblioteca View Post
    So what? Is it expected for a team to be elite in every aspect? I'll take 24 points a game not including Defense and ST. And the idea that the defense and special teams don't matter in this talk is ridiculous. The ability to score on defense is SUCH a huge advantage that we have over other teams as a direct result of Lovie preaching turnovers.
    And when the D doesn't score we lose.

  16. #90
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    13,211
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by barchetta6 View Post
    Good teams overcome adversity. We don't. Team wasn't prepared against Seattle. Lovie is the worst game Coach. The team just looks flat. Time for a change. When things go south with this staff it continues to spiral. Hiring Tice?? Still thinking Hester is a receiver?? Tired of the vanilla football.
    Agreed see the Green Bay packers

Page 6 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •