Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Lovie Smith

Hybrid View

vCash

Lovie Smith

It's coming down to the most crucial part of the season, and the defense is starting to get banged up. With that said, in the unfortunate event we miss the playoffs or go one and done in the playoffs, will Lovie Smith get canned if we fail to do so? In fact, will it be time to clean house if the offense can't get it together for these remaining games?

vCash
    Yeah, he's gone if we don't make the playoffs along with the whole coaching staff.

You can always create a place for yourself.
    vCash
    Anything short of an appearance in NFC championship is a failure for this team, and lovie needs to go. I don't know about cleaning the house completely but lovie along with tice needs to go. Lovie does not deserve 5/6 million to just make the playoffs or miss the playoffs by one or two wins
    Cubs Bulls Bears Blackhawks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shrek View Post
    Anything short of an appearance in NFC championship is a failure for this team, and lovie needs to go. I don't know about cleaning the house completely but lovie along with tice needs to go. Lovie does not deserve 5/6 million to just make the playoffs or miss the playoffs by one or two wins
    Well if Lovie goes than I see Marinelli and co leaving too. Plus I can't imagine Tice sticking around any longer if we continue to suck on offense. Sean Payton is a pipe dream but I'd love for the Bears to sign him if it doesn't work out this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBears1127 View Post
    Well if Lovie goes than I see Marinelli and co leaving too. Plus I can't imagine Tice sticking around any longer if we continue to suck on offense. Sean Payton is a pipe dream but I'd love for the Bears to sign him if it doesn't work out this year.
    I was all for Cowher. But there hasn't been a SB winning HC repeating with another team. I'm not a big Lovie Fan, but he has had success.

With that said, I'm not sure who would be an upgrade. Something will need to be done, but I don't have the anwser.

vCash
    I hope we make the playoffs so Lovie gets one more chance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SDBearsFan View Post
    That won't be enough for Lovie to keep his job. I think we have to at least make it to the NFCCG for Lovie to stay.

vCash
    That won't be enough for Lovie to keep his job. I think we have to at least make it to the NFCCG for Lovie to stay.
    I disagree with this.

I think as long as the Bears make the playoffs Lovie will have bought himself another year.

If we miss the playoffs though, you have to fire him. Not making the playoffs with the way this team started would be unacceptable.

Take me back to the Forest

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SDBearsFan View Post
    So you're content with just MAKING the playoffs then right?

vCash
    I guess so.

vCash

Unlike many of you young bucks, I been waiting for another SB win since '85. I dream about the Bears having a dynasty some day. I have watched many terrible games and have had many GM's & HC's waste the fans lives & money by putting crap on the field. Lovie has taken the Bears to a SB, only to look terrible once they got there.

I was sick & tired of JA & Company. JA did have some brite spots, but overall he wasn't as good as some people make him out to be. And to be fair some of us (me) made him out to worse then he was. Anyway, I wanted a change last offseason, and I got it. It wasn't exactly the change I wanted, but a change to say the least.

Lovie is calm cat, I prefer an angry, crazy man, pacing the sidelines. Both types of coaches can win & lose. So it really doesn't matter, just win.

What I'm trying to say is, we have a new GM. He may decide to change coaches after the seasin if we don't get to the playoffs. I wanted Cowher last offseason, but now I don't think he's the answer. No retread SB HC's have ever won a SB with anotherteam while being the HC. With that said, we would need a new up and coming guy. Like many have said, a offensive HC would be nice. I don't who that is, but if Lovie does go, I just hope we win.
    Last edited by DESERTDWELLER; 12-10-2012 at 10:36 PM.

vCash
    I'll put the blame on him for ruining Urlacher's career. No reason for having your starters in, in a pointless game. Playing for honor, ***** please, grow some balls like Pop.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    I'll put the blame on him for ruining Urlacher's career. No reason for having your starters in, in a pointless game. Playing for honor, ***** please, grow some balls like Pop.
    I don't think Urlacher should have played in that game either, but how did Lovie ruin his career?

vCash
    I don't think Urlacher should have played in that game either, but how did Lovie ruin his career?
    Cause Urlacher got his knee messed up in the last game in the last play of that game by Wright. It was a hail mary you don't need your best defensive player there.

15. 12-08-2012, 02:16 PM
    Reason
    if you're going to reply to posts with a facepalm & insult...don't bother replying at all

Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast