Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Jim Miller states Bears are interested in speaking with...

Brian Kelly and Nick Saban.

He says he "knows for certain" that these are 2 names on Emery's potential coaching list.

Was just said a few minutes ago on CSN.

vCash
    Nick Saban? Why? Its like asking to marry a girl who has left men at the alter multiple times.

Brian Kelly seems like a good fit but why would he want to leave something good that he has at ND??

vCash
    Please get Saban!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Badluck33 View Post
    Nick Saban? Why? Its like asking to marry a girl who has left men at the alter multiple times.

Brian Kelly seems like a good fit but why would he want to leave something good that he has at ND??
    Lol.. Well as an ND fan, I want Kelly to stay at ND. I really have very little interest in hiring a college coach in general.

vCash
    I will start breaking things if we hire either of them. Can we please buck on this annoying cliche tradition of being a blue-collar, defense first team and go with what is best for the team and works best in the league CONSISTENTLY.

vCash
    Every team wants them but it doesn't mean anything if they like their jobs and don't want to leave

vCash
    While I think Saban is a better coach than some give credit for, but I don't think he's the guy we should target.

vCash
    I don't want either. Saban a failed nfl experiment and chip Kelley doesn't fit our players imo

our future

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebrez bears/ View Post
    I don't want either. Saban a failed nfl experiment and chip Kelley doesn't fit our players imo
    Brian Kelly not Chip. I'm interested to see some of Chip Kelly's formations in the NFL, but I don't want an "experiment" next year.
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
    —Arthur Schopenhauer (German philosopher, 1788-1860)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kozelkid View Post
    I will start breaking things if we hire either of them. Can we please buck on this annoying cliche tradition of being a blue-collar, defense first team and go with what is best for the team and works best in the league CONSISTENTLY.
    Brian Kelly's not really a defense first coach (he's just had to adapt to what ND has on their roster this year) and while Saban sorta is, he's always had very efficient offenses at Bama.

I actually wouldn't mind either of them, but they'll both cost a boatload and I'm not sure that's the route the Bears want to go. Saban also turned the Bears down in the past, back when Lovie was hired.

I still think we'll end up with an offensive minded coach that's currently an OC in the NFL and that's more than okay if they bring the right assistants with them.

vCash
    No thanks to either.

Both would be stupid to leave their current situations

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Brian Kelly's not really a defense first coach (he's just had to adapt to what ND has on their roster this year) and while Saban sorta is, he's always had very efficient offenses at Bama.

I actually wouldn't mind either of them, but they'll both cost a boatload and I'm not sure that's the route the Bears want to go. Saban also turned the Bears down in the past, back when Lovie was hired.

I still think we'll end up with an offensive minded coach that's currently an OC in the NFL and that's more than okay if they bring the right assistants with them.
    I definitely don't want Saban, but I haven't followed ND much so I suppose I'm wrong on Kelly's assessment.

Either way, I want exactly what you mentioned in the last paragraph, an OC that has had successful offenses in the past that would also fit our pieces to a T, Tom Clements or Rick Dennison.

I also like Holmgren and Reid, but I have other gripes with them...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebrez bears/ View Post
    To be fair, a big part of Saban's struggles in the NFL was dealing with an awful roster with a terrible collection of QB's and he still went 15-17 in those 2 seasons.

With better talent and learning from past mistakes, I think he could do pretty well the 2nd time around. He really has nothing left to prove at the college level so I'm sure it's just a matter of time before he's back in the NFL. I just don't know if this is the right fit for him though.

vCash
    Lovie >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Saban and Kelly combined

vCash
    I wonder if everyone is too young to remember how god awefull Nick Saban was on the dolphins.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast