• No

5 31.25%
  • Need another off season to decide.

6 37.50%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Remember when we were 0 and 16

vCash
    Once again, How is broyles tearing his OTHER acl, In any way shape or form mayhews fault?

Seriously, Is there something i dont know? Does tearing one acl make you like 90% more likely to tear the OTHER ACL?

vCash
    He's decent... But he totally stunk it up last off-season, that's IMO the reason why we suck. Everybody got better via draft/FA, while we banked on our youngsters improving

vCash
    I'm not going to sit here and pretend that I know everything an NFL GM does, but from a personnel standpoint, has anyone else ever looked at our roster and thought to yourselves that you could have put together a better roster at this point??

I was actually going to start a Mayhew thread today; but I didn't wanna go down as the guy on here always bashing him.

My thread/question to all of you would have been......

This past offseason, what would you have done differently if you were Mayhew (i.e. trade, draft, FA, coaching changes, ect) that he didn't do?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cwick925 View Post
    Once again, How is broyles tearing his OTHER acl, In any way shape or form mayhews fault?

Seriously, Is there something i dont know? Does tearing one acl make you like 90% more likely to tear the OTHER ACL?
    Yes, actually it can.....

If he was still compensating on the other leg when playing (because he may not of still 100% trusted his previously injured knee), it could have increased the liklihood of an injury to that leg.

I can't tell you that this was what Broyles did to injure his other knee, but this is common with anyone who sustains an injury.

btw......let's keep it bout' Mayhew in here!! u gonna get us in trouble lol!!!!

vCash
    Ok so you guys want him to land more late round picks.

However his first two years most of his late round picks were used in trades for people like LoJack, Williams, Houston. Other late round picks like Follet who for a 7th round pick was producing and then he broke his neck...I guess a gm could forsee that.

Then you have Sammie Lee Hill who was a 4th round pick he seems to be producing.

Now I wasn't a fan of the best selection and it looks like young is going to be a bust so I see the questioning of those picks.

DT Nick Fairley (13) - After breaking his foot early on during training camp, Fairley has spent the last month trying to get healthy. It seems unlikely he will be ready to go for Sunday's season opener, but once he returns he will be join the already talented rotation of players at defensive tackle. Alot of people complained about this pick but it is paying off

WR Titus Young (44) - It seems like Young is finally healthy after being plagued by a hamstring injury for the majority of training camp. If he can stay healthy, Young will be the Lions' third receiver. possible bust

RB Mikel Leshoure (57) - Leshoure went down with an Achilles injury early on in camp and is out for the season. Hopefully he will be able to recover from the injury and return next year as a key contributor on offense. Oline needs to get better and he will become more productive...not to mention he is pretty much a rookie

LB Doug Hogue (157) - Hogue survived the roster cuts despite being behind a number of players on the depth chart at linebacker. Chances are he will spend most of the 2011 season on the sideline barring injuries to other linebackers. This was expected, though, as Hogue did just convert from running back to linebacker a couple years ago in college. he was cut because they needed to pick up another corner due to all the injuries on defense

OT Johnny Culbreath (209) - Despite being very raw, Culbreath showed promise during the 2011 preseason. Unfortunately, he was placed on injured reserve on Saturday due to what has been described as an illness or medical condition. It's not clear what specifically the issue is, but Culbreath is out for the season.Cut due to off-field issues

DT Ndamukong Suh (2) - Suh is not just a starter for the Lions, he's one of the best defensive players in the league despite only having one season under his belt.

RB Jahvid Best (30) - Although he has dealt with injury issues, Best is returning as the starting running back for the Lions.if he comes back he will be huge...if not he is a bust

S Amari Spievey (66) - Originally drafted as a cornerback, Spievey switched to safety last season and developed at a quick pace. He is expected to start alongside Delmas at safety this upcoming season.Terrible pick

OT Jason Fox (128) - Fox spent 2010 recovering from an injury he suffered in college, and he spent most of the preseason this year recovering from a foot injury. He has developed quite well in spite of the injuries and is set to be one of the Lions' backups at offensive tackle once healthy.actually a pretty decent back up and could push cherilus out the door if he asks for too much money
    DE Willie Young (213) - Young has quickly gone from a raw talent to a talented backup on the Lions defensive line. He looked great in this year's preseason and will be part of the rotation at defensive end this upcoming season.

WR Tim Toone (255) - 2010's Mr. Irrelevant spent last year on the practice squad. He was released by the Lions during the final round of cuts on Saturday, and right now it doesn't look like he will return as a member of the practice squad this year.

QB Matthew Stafford (1) - When the 2011 season opens, Stafford will be the Lions' starting quarterback. If he can stay healthy, 2011 could be his breakout year.

TE Brandon Pettigrew (20) - The only player selected with picks from the Roy Williams trade that is still on the roster, Pettigrew is slated to be the Lions' starting tight end when the upcoming season begins.

S Louis Delmas (33) - Delmas is once again going to be one of the starting safeties and one of the leaders in the Lions' secondary.

LB DeAndre Levy (76) - After starting at middle linebacker last year, Levy is expected to start at outside linebacker this year with Stephen Tulloch joining the team.

WR Derrick Williams (82) - Mayhew's streak of drafting starters came to an end with his second third-round selection of 2009. Williams was released on Saturday by the Lions after never really panning out as a receiver or returner.the only really bad pick in the draft

DT Sammie Hill (115) - Hill is one of the many reasons why the Lions' defensive line depth is so great. He is not a starter, but he is an important part of the rotation and could someday take over for Corey Williams in the starting lineup.

RB Aaron Brown (192) - Like Williams, Brown was acquired with a pick from the Roy Williams trade. Also like Williams, Brown is no longer on the team. He survived Saturday's cuts, but he was let go on Sunday after the Lions claimed Keiland Williams off waivers.released and replaced

OT Lydon Murtha (228) - Murtha was signed off the Lions practice squad by the Miami Dolphins in 2009. He played in one game that year and made eight appearances (and four starts) last season. On Saturday, the Dolphins placed him on injured reserve.

LB Zack Follett (235) - Follett was released shortly after the NFL lockout ended earlier this summer. He has not been signed by another team and is likely done with football due to the neck injury he suffered last season.

TE Dan Gronkowski (255) - The Lions dealt Gronkowski to the Denver Broncos around this time last year in exchange for Alphonso Smith. On Saturday, Gronkowski was cut by the Broncos.

as far as last year players its too early to judge the Fairly draft let alone last years draft but if Green and Bentley continue to grow they will be two successful players.
    Last edited by garnotm; 12-04-2012 at 07:46 PM.

vCash
    garnotm......

I see your recap of all 21 of Mayhew's draft picks and there is one thing that sticks out to me.........

Only NINE of them are on the active roster today!!

That's not even 50%

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mc18641 View Post
    Yes, actually it can.....

If he was still compensating on the other leg when playing (because he may not of still 100% trusted his previously injured knee), it could have increased the liklihood of an injury to that leg.

I can't tell you that this was what Broyles did to injure his other knee, but this is common with anyone who sustains an injury.

btw......let's keep it bout' Mayhew in here!! u gonna get us in trouble lol!!!!
    your reaching here...it was a blown knee on a play were he got twisted up really bad he wasn't compensating for his other knee at all and was playing pretty good.

vCash
    garnotm......

I see your recap of all 21 of Mayhew's draft picks and there is one thing that sticks out to me.........

Only NINE of them are on the active roster today!!

That's not even 50%
    active roster because of them being on IR?...its late in the year and a lot of people are on IR.

vCash
    As far as this last draft it seems to be pretty productive.

Reiff looks good when he filled in for backus

Broyles looked good until he hurt his other knee

Bentley looked decent until his injury

Green looks like a possible starter

this last draft is going to take 2 years to judge but with the Young incident atleast Mayhew decided quickly to move on with him and get Broyles to replace him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    active roster because of them being on IR?...its late in the year and a lot of people are on IR.
    Three of those 21 are on IR......That includes Titus.

Count for yourself if you think I looked at it wrong, but those are the facts

vCash
    Three of those 21 are on IR......That includes Titus.

Count for yourself if you think I looked at it wrong, but those are the facts
    no I'm saying 3 being on IR scews your numbers greatly. So 12 of the 21 players are actually still part of this team and can contribute...or 11 of 21 if you want to eliminate titus thats over 50% success rate. Not to mention the fact that someone like Gronkowski got us Scheffler so thats actually still 12 of 21 contributing to this team.

vCash
    I can't say that he has been bad. But he has made too many mistakes to be considered good so far. I can't ignore the good trades he made 2 years ago, but I also can't ignore passing on some pretty good defensive players this year.

Then again I love the Riley rief pick... I also like Broyles and it sucks that he got hurt... In the end I think we need another year to evaluate him.

The lions are in a similar situation as the bucks were last year. 2 years ago the bucs were 10-6 and thought to be on the rise... Then last year with mostly the same team they sucked. The year with a winning record they won lots of close games just like we did last year. Now, if we can come back from this and have a good yea r next year that I'd have to say he's done a good job.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    no I'm saying 3 being on IR scews your numbers greatly. So 12 of the 21 players are actually still part of this team and can contribute...or 11 of 21 if you want to eliminate titus thats over 50% success rate. Not to mention the fact that someone like Gronkowski got us Scheffler so thats actually still 12 of 21 contributing to this team.
    Actually, gronk got us A.smith, ernie sims got us a 5th which in turn got us Sheff

vCash
    LOL @ mc just stop dude.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast