Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownBears22 View Post
    And RG III is apparently worth 4000. So Henne is RG IX ?
    Does he play for the Jags? If so, yes.

While we're here. When Henne had to play that first time for Gabbert and he played pretty poorly. THE ENTIRE JAGS FORUM was going insane about how he was the worst backup, the worst QB, cut him now, our PS QB is better etc etc etc.

Now they all believe in him. It's so odd. Seems like that front office has got it made. Fanbase will believe in whoever they put out there no matter what.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TDjacksonville View Post
    yes but luck hasnt played even as good as Blaine Gabbert this year. look at them QB ratings

sure luck has the talent but hes still not all the way there yet and hennes showing to be a good qb even with yesterdays setback because of weather conditions.

if we didnt draft Blaine gabbert last year we probably would have had the top pick last year and probably get andrew Luck which makes our team better in the future.
    Lol

Yall let me slip?!?!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post

While we're here. When Henne had to play that first time for Gabbert and he played pretty poorly. THE ENTIRE JAGS FORUM was going insane about how he was the worst backup, the worst QB, cut him now, our PS QB is better etc etc etc.

Now they all believe in him. It's so odd. Seems like that front office has got it made. Fanbase will believe in whoever they put out there no matter what.
    They thought for 4 years that Garrard was a real QB. And Leftwich before that.

It has to be depressing being a fan of the Jags.

vCash
    2 mediocre seasons for the Colts. He got a lot of tackles because RB's shredded that D line and got to the second level constantly.
    He was very good before his concussions in Jacksonville last year.

vCash
    They thought for 4 years that Garrard was a real QB. And Leftwich before that.

It has to be depressing being a fan of the Jags.
    It's funny how some fanbases are. Some are so quick to say OMFG THIS GUY IS TRASH (Packers, on everyone) others have to crown everyone.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WolvesJagsOs View Post
    He was very good before his concussions in Jacksonville last year.
    No he was mediocre. Just because he records a lot of tackles doesn't mean he is good.

vCash

Henne played great once we let Gabbert go and we looked like a competitive team. Why should we sit here and be doom and gloom when we're just looking for positives? He showed them.

Jesus, our fanbase is criticized beyond belief on here. So what if we get excited when we play well? So what if we don't always call for peoples heads like big market fans. We're hopeful, that's all you can be when you've been awful for a while now.\

Pretty obvious we want Gm Gene Smith gone...we want changes. As of right now though, the games are still being played an we want to see positives for the future.

vCash
    Henne played great once we let Gabbert go and we looked like a competitive team. Why should we sit here and be doom and gloom when we're just looking for positives? He showed them.

Jesus, our fanbase is criticized beyond belief on here. So what if we get excited when we play well? So what if we don't always call for peoples heads like big market fans. We're hopeful, that's all you can be when you've been awful for a while now.
    The reality is, Henne is what he always was. A somewhat serviceable starter. In the low 20s of the league range. Nothing has changed. He is that, he was that, he will be that. He's not franchise. He's not someone who can win you anything significant. He was just better than a bottom 3 starter in the NFL.

You're criticized because of people like the OP and others who fall in line behind anything with total belief with whatever is out there. Gabbert is starting? Okay Gabbert will one day be the best QB in the league. Gabbert is out? Henne's in. Okay. He's great, franchise QB I think.

MJD, best running back in the NFL. He gets hurt, I heard that backup who's name eludes me was JUST AS GOOD. It's never ending.

It's fine to be hopeful and believe in your team. I'm not asking you to be "doom and gloom" just to be realistic and honest and attempt some objectivity.

(None of this is directed at you, you've always been even keel)

vCash

Jesus, our fanbase is criticized beyond belief on here. So what if we get excited when we play well? So what if we don't always call for peoples heads like big market fans. We're hopeful, that's all you can be when you've been awful for a while now.\

Pretty obvious we want Gm Gene Smith gone...we want changes. As of right now though, the games are still being played an we want to see positives for the future.
    You beat a crappy Tennessee team. Don't see how that is competitive. Had a nice run at Houston, but lost. Jags got trashed by Buffalo.

The fanbase is criticized because it is a poor fanbase and because most have no idea what they are talking about when it comes to player evaluation. Hell you thought Blaine was a decent QB 4 months ago when everyone said he wasn't. Surprise surprise he was trash.

vCash
    You beat a crappy Tennessee team. Don't see how that is competitive. Had a nice run at Houston, but lost. Jags got trashed by Buffalo.

The fanbase is criticized because it is a poor fanbase and because most have no idea what they are talking about when it comes to player evaluation. Hell you thought Blaine was a decent QB 4 months ago when everyone said he wasn't. Surprise surprise he was trash.
    I have talked to you before...you trash whatever starts with Jacksonville. Conversation ends there.

vCash
    As for the 3 games, I wasn't talking about this week (even though it was douwnpouring and 30 MPH winds...nowsure how you can exlect a great showing passing the ball.).

When has any realistic Jaguar' fan said we're a good team? So what if Tennessee is crappy? We are 2-10, beating a team that was well ahead of us in the standings is fine by me. As for Houston, we had that game, yes we lost, but i'll take a game like that any day of the week against a Superbowl contender.

vCash
    It was Henne. He said he would probably take Luck over Henne.

Then like 3 posts later he said he thinks Gabbert will/can win his job back because he didn't get benched he just needed surgery. I showed him where Mularkey said GABBERT WAS BENCHED. And he ceased to reply.
    because arguing with you is like talking to a brick wall completely useless when ur the guy who thinks he knows everything about every player and every team when in reality he knows less than half of it all.

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Power Couple

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    I have talked to you before...you trash whatever starts with Jacksonville. Conversation ends there.
    har4d to take him serious when his thing says "Troll So hard:". if there ever was a reason to ban someone theres a good one

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Power Couple

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TDjacksonville View Post
    because arguing with you is like talking to a brick wall completely useless when ur the guy who thinks he knows everything about every player and every team when in reality he knows less than half of it all.
    I'm not arguing with anyone.

I'm saying Henne is average at best. Not franchise. Saying taking Luck over Henne...probably. Is ridiculous.

Everyone on this forum would agree.

I don't know everything about everything. I just have common sense. I tend to find the people that have the biggest issues with me are the ones who I don't think really understand football that much. The ones that truly do get along with me damn near perfectly. I don't think that's coincidence.

I'm sorry if I bother you. I'm just being completely honest. I think when it comes to the Jaguars I've been pretty damn accurate and more accurate than basically every Jags fan when it comes to recent history. Guess that makes me a know it all

vCash
    The reality is, Henne is what he always was. A somewhat serviceable starter. In the low 20s of the league range. Nothing has changed. He is that, he was that, he will be that. He's not franchise. He's not someone who can win you anything significant. He was just better than a bottom 3 starter in the NFL.

You're criticized because of people like the OP and others who fall in line behind anything with total belief with whatever is out there. Gabbert is starting? Okay Gabbert will one day be the best QB in the league. Gabbert is out? Henne's in. Okay. He's great, franchise QB I think.

MJD, best running back in the NFL. He gets hurt, I heard that backup who's name eludes me was JUST AS GOOD. It's never ending.

It's fine to be hopeful and believe in your team. I'm not asking you to be "doom and gloom" just to be realistic and honest and attempt some objectivity.

(None of this is directed at you, you've always been even keel)
    No one besides Alpha and HD (who I swear is Alpha sometimes) say that Gabbert was going to be one of the elite guys one day. Sure, we are behind Gabbert. What fun is it to trash whatever he does and have no hope? He's a young guy and we took him 10th overall, we can't afford for him to bust (which it sure as hell is looking like). I am generally not a guy who is wanting to be all doom and gloom. Sure, I will get frustrated, but rarely am I going to be like most people I read in here asking for peoples heads and stuff.

Henne, with a good supporting cast, I think can be better than that. He has some good tools, and i've liked what i've seen from him. With Cecil Shorts, Justin Blackmon, Marcedes Lewis, and MJD, I definitely see him being better than the echelon you put him. As of right now, I don't know if I really want to see a QB taken in this draft because i'm iffy on the guys available. That's why I'm personally behind Henne. It's not like he's 31 or something, he's 27 and wasn't in the best situation in Miami. I want to see what he does with some time here.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast