Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Well for anybody thinking about Fielders contract as being bad. Wouldn't now be the time to offer him up to Texas for Profar or Andrus since they have lost out on Hamiltons left handed bat. Slide Jhonny to third Cabrera back to 1b. Nick C. back to playing 3b in the minors.

vCash
    I suggested the same thing a week ago. Works for me. with VMart coming back and Hunter on board . But I doubt they would do it. They've been pretty firm about trading either of those players. Honestly. I wouldn't if I were them.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    Hit them with an offer when they're feeling down. you never know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerRulz66 View Post
    Well for anybody thinking about Fielders contract as being bad. Wouldn't now be the time to offer him up to Texas for Profar or Andrus since they have lost out on Hamiltons left handed bat. Slide Jhonny to third Cabrera back to 1b. Nick C. back to playing 3b in the minors.
    If you do that say goodbye to our WS chances this year. Can't give up Fielder for either of them unless Texas includes more than that. Also, Castellanos can't play solid enough 3B to make a move like that.

vCash
    Fielder isnt going anywhere until Illitch is dead. Plain and simple, get it through your heads.

vCash
    I wish we could trade Fielder, Castellanos, and another prospect or 2 for Beltre and Andrus. Improves the offense and especially the defense, might even make Porcello a top of the rotation guy.

vCash
    Texas' need for Justin Upton went up a few notches. What about moving Porcello, Castellanos,and Pheralta (3rd base) to Arizona. Upton goes to Texas and Detroit gets Andrus. Sometimes the Tigers overrate their minor league talent (Maybin,Oliver,Turner), the last time we got burned that I can remember was a guy named Smoltz.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sudser View Post
    Texas' need for Justin Upton went up a few notches. What about moving Porcello, Castellanos,and Pheralta (3rd base) to Arizona. Upton goes to Texas and Detroit gets Andrus. Sometimes the Tigers overrate their minor league talent (Maybin,Oliver,Turner), the last time we got burned that I can remember was a guy named Smoltz.
    Would need more than Andrus for that, Turner looked pretty good toward the end of the year, and how about Jair Jurrjens?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sc8581 View Post
    I wish we could trade Fielder, Castellanos, and another prospect or 2 for Beltre and Andrus. Improves the offense and especially the defense, might even make Porcello a top of the rotation guy.
    That's ridiculous. Beltre doesn't hit near as good in bigger parks so moving from Texas to Detroit would not be good at all. His D would certainly be an upgrade no doubt about it. I wouldn't give up Fielder and Castellanos for them, I'd offer Castellanos in a package for just Andrus. Porcello, top of the rotation guy, COME ON.

Quote Originally Posted by sc8581 View Post
    Would need more than Andrus for that, Turner looked pretty good toward the end of the year, and how about Jair Jurrjens?
    Jair Jurrjens what? Didn't get burned on that trade, he's nothing.

vCash
    Jurrjens did look very good but I think he has a pretty serious injury. Also, if we had a ss with range, Porcello would look much more valuable. Maybe we should keep him and look for a Mark Belanger type shortstop.

vCash
    Beltre is 22-67 for a .328 average over the last 6 years in Comerica, a .299 BA and an OPS of .852 on the road over the last 3 years in over 700 PA.

vCash
    Ya with 2 HR's. Beltre isn't around to hit .320, he's there to empty bases. If Detroit got him, his role would be the same, provide the #3 hitter with protection and hit HR's. Obviously you can't complain if he hits .300 but you can if that's not what he's there for.

vCash
    1. I agree Fielder will not go anywhere until Illitch kicks the bucket. Plus why get rid of the second best bat on the team. I love the guy as a baseball player and he is a great presence for the team. The team loves him and I bet Cabrera would be pissed and we need him to sign long term next year. Verlander and him are up for free agency in 2014.

2. I have heard that since Josh Hamilton is gone Texas is trying to get an Upton deal done badly but they do not have the prospects to get him. They need a third team to jump in and from all indications that will be us. We have the prospects and Arizona still wants Peralta and we still want Andrus. It seems to fit perfectly if you ask me. The quicker we pull the trigger on this the better cause I really want Andrus sporting to old-english D next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kokes View Post
    Ya with 2 HR's. Beltre isn't around to hit .320, he's there to empty bases. If Detroit got him, his role would be the same, provide the #3 hitter with protection and hit HR's. Obviously you can't complain if he hits .300 but you can if that's not what he's there for.
    If he hits .320 with 20-25 HRs and plays a great 3rd base i'm more than happy with that. He did hit 25 road HRs in about 560 AB over the last 2 years, and the other 3 teams in the AL West have pretty big parks as well as good pitching do they not?

vCash
    Relax guys. I just wanted to see what the Ranger fans would say after seeing hamilton sign with the Angels. Geez. Some of you get bent out of shape over simple that will never happen. Take a chil pill. LOL!!!!
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast