Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekker View Post
    He had a bad 2008. I know that without looking at the numbers. I also know the four pitches he features now in any given count weren't yet developed into out pitches yet. But nobody I knew didn't consider him the ace. Even when Bonderman had that winning streak early 2010, maybe 2009, I can't remember exactly, Verlander was still the man.
    I fully seen him as our ace but not necessarily an ace on most other major league teams. In 08 and 09 he was just a rising star number 2 for most the league, with ace stuff but not the maturity to handle his weapons properly

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mschaf13 View Post
    I fully seen him as our ace but not necessarily an ace on most other major league teams. In 08 and 09 he was just a rising star number 2 for most the league, with ace stuff but not the maturity to handle his weapons properly
    Took the words right out of my mouth, or fingers, whatever.

vCash
    I'll give you that I guess. But if anyone would have said he wasn't our ace, I woulda been crackin skulls haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sc8581 View Post
    It's even tougher to call him the best pitcher in baseball when he didn't win the Cy Young and he clearly benefits from being in such a lackluster division, plus 18 months ago most of us on this board didn't even consider him an ace.

You honestly have the worst logic of any poster on this site.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sc8581 View Post
    Look at his age and his numbers to that point, certainly not "ace" stuff.

And please tell me what stats quantify "ace" status then?
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mschaf13 View Post
    He was bad in '08, but in 09 he was an All Star and finished 3rd in the Cy Young voting. He lead the league in IP and SO (he averaged 10.1 per game). Definitely an ace. That was the season he learned how to be a "pitcher" rather then a thrower.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    He was bad in '08, but in 09 he was an All Star and finished 3rd in the Cy Young voting. He lead the league in IP and SO (he averaged 10.1 per game). Definitely an ace. That was the season he learned how to be a "pitcher" rather then a thrower.
    your right 09 he turned the corner I meant to put 07-08 but even in 09 he had a good season his best to date but he was still maturing into the ace of aces.

vCash
    what does all this hating on JV have to do with official trade ideas?

How likely does everyone think it is that we still go after another arm for the back of the bullpen?

vCash
    I'm not hating on JV I love the guy I was just posting my opinion on someone's post about how it has been said in that past the JV wasn't an ace.

I would love to see them look at back end of the bullpen guys that are low risk high reward type guys. I like Baily out of Boston coming off his injury might be able to be had cheep. Wilson probably to expensive but for right price might not be bad. Even K-Rod wouldn't be bad option should be cheap but yea his agent is Boras

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rodismytiger View Post
    what does all this hating on JV have to do with official trade ideas?

How likely does everyone think it is that we still go after another arm for the back of the bullpen?
    I sure hope so, but the way things have gone so far I just don't see it happening, definitely a concern of mine. I'm sure if the bullpen struggles we will make a move before the deadline, hopefully it doesn't cause us to go down to the wire with Chicago or even KC for the division again.

vCash
    I'd like to trade sc8581 to another fan base. I'd be willing to pay the entirety of his current contract of terrible ideas and postings. I wonder if a small fan base like the Astros or Rays are interested?
    Rod Allen Soundboard

Me and MTM

vCash
    I'd like to trade sc8581 to another fan base. I'd be willing to pay the entirety of his current contract of terrible ideas and postings. I wonder if a small fan base like the Astros or Rays are interested?
    That **** is funny!! K.C. doesn't seem to have a following on there site maybe they'll throw in some BBQ.

vCash
    ha! good one!

I'll pitch in...doesn't deserve to be a Tiger fan

vCash
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    (pipe dream) Dirks "mlb talent" Porcello "mlb" NC "top prospect" Garcia "good talent" and Holliday "catching prospect" all for Stanton and maybe some sort of middle infield prospect from Miami. Think their may be some possibilities there but highly doubtful

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast