Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 168
  1. #106
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    2,291
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by kokes View Post
    Ya with 2 HR's. Beltre isn't around to hit .320, he's there to empty bases. If Detroit got him, his role would be the same, provide the #3 hitter with protection and hit HR's. Obviously you can't complain if he hits .300 but you can if that's not what he's there for.
    Exactly. So many people on here were moaning at the fact Prince wasn't hitting his normal power numbers. Despite the fact he was hitting over .300

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, MI
    Posts
    16,272
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekker View Post
    Exactly. So many people on here were moaning at the fact Prince wasn't hitting his normal power numbers. Despite the fact he was hitting over .300
    I didn't understand that either, Prince had a very good season and people were calling him a bust. I remember Cabrera had a poor start to his Tiger career, then turned it on at the end of his inaugural season. I can see Fielder having an even better "sophomore" season in Detroit.

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    274
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by chacha77 View Post
    1. I agree Fielder will not go anywhere until Illitch kicks the bucket. Plus why get rid of the second best bat on the team. I love the guy as a baseball player and he is a great presence for the team. The team loves him and I bet Cabrera would be pissed and we need him to sign long term next year. Verlander and him are up for free agency in 2014.

    2. I have heard that since Josh Hamilton is gone Texas is trying to get an Upton deal done badly but they do not have the prospects to get him. They need a third team to jump in and from all indications that will be us. We have the prospects and Arizona still wants Peralta and we still want Andrus. It seems to fit perfectly if you ask me. The quicker we pull the trigger on this the better cause I really want Andrus sporting to old-english D next year.
    I feel the same. I've been hoping and praying they get a deal done for him all off-season.

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    2,291
    vCash
    1500
    yeah we know lol. i agree with you on this one though. wouldn't mind seeing andrus here at all. I just don't think that happens

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    8,811
    vCash
    1500
    With Hamilton gone I can't see them trading anyone except for Upton.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

    http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593




    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM


    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    8,811
    vCash
    1500
    Just to throw it out there, but the Tigers have the #37 overall pick in the draft and it's tradeable. So if they really want to add a player they can use that in the deal.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

    http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593




    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM


    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    274
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    With Hamilton gone I can't see them trading anyone except for Upton.
    I doubt they can get Upton on their own. If they could, I imagine it would have been done by now. They need a 3rd team, so why not DD jump in.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dekker View Post
    Exactly. So many people on here were moaning at the fact Prince wasn't hitting his normal power numbers. Despite the fact he was hitting over .300
    Ya, I don't get how people can complain about hitting .313, 30HR, 108 RBIS, .412 OBP...Those are stud numbers, and only his first year in the AL seeing all new pitchers essentially. Can't wait to see next year.

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    3,348
    vCash
    1500
    ^ It's mostly because he didn't hit 40 homers.
    #teamboom4life

    MLB: Tigers
    NFL: Lions
    NHL: Red Wings
    CFB(Div I): Michigan
    CFB(Div II): Hillsdale

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    274
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Zander 77 View Post
    ^ It's mostly because he didn't hit 40 homers.
    It makes me laugh that some people actually expected 40+ homers, not meaning you. He'll only hit 30-35, but in Comerica that's equal to 40-50.

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    2,567
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekker View Post
    Exactly. So many people on here were moaning at the fact Prince wasn't hitting his normal power numbers. Despite the fact he was hitting over .300
    Fielder isn't a gold glove 3rd baseman and makes twice the money.

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    274
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sc8581 View Post
    Fielder isn't a gold glove 3rd baseman and makes twice the money.
    Hard to win a gold glove at position he's never seen before. lol

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    2,567
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by kokes View Post
    Hard to win a gold glove at position he's never seen before. lol
    He's a horrible 1st baseman, obviously he would be a joke at 3rd.

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    2,291
    vCash
    1500
    Okay, if you want to make this a debate. Want to know why Beltre doesn't make half of what fielder makes? (Actually he makes $16M this year and is Texas' highest paid player at the moment) You don't get paid the big dollars to play defense. If you did, Adam Everett would be rolling in bank. But he makes league minimum when he's lucky enough to have a job. It helps if you have the bat to go along with it, but for the most part, you get paid for the offensive numbers you put up. Beltre has been in the league for 16 years now and has only had 3 seasons that he hit over 30 homeruns in a season and it is no coincidence 2 of those seasons were the last 2 seasons that he played in Arrlington. Prince Fielder hasn't had a season that he hasn't hit 30 homeruns since his rookie season when he knocked 28 homeruns. He hasn't ever had a down season like Beltre had in seattle 2009. And his career batting average of .287 is higher than Beltre's at .280 with a much higher slugging percentage of .537 compared to Beltre's .476. At the dish, Beltre is very good. Prince Fielder is a superstar. Do I think the price tag was a bit high? Yeah sure. But it also isn't my damn money. When you're neighbor rolls out in his brand new corvette, you don't argue and say you're mid size sedan is more reasonable. You say nice car. Ilitch has the money, and he spends it how he pleases. And it makes Detroit a much better ball club because of it.

    On a side note. If Beltre played in Comerica park, his first season wouldn't come close to Prince's first season here and you know it. And we only expect Prince to get better the next few years adjusting to different pitchers in different ball parks.

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,322
    vCash
    1500
    Rangers get: Porcello, Upton
    Diamondbacks get: Boesch, Peralta, Crosby, and a few prospects from texas
    Tigers get: Andrus, Craig Gentry

  15. #120
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,471
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by drewstantontime View Post
    Rangers get: Porcello, Upton
    Diamondbacks get: Boesch, Peralta, Crosby, and a few prospects from texas
    Tigers get: Andrus, Craig Gentry
    Diamondbacks get screwed in that deal unless there is a high end prospect from Texas.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •