Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 168
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    274
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by cjags77 View Post
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...medium=twitter

    This is an interesting read. I would love Jemile Weeks. I think he has a ton of potential and is a good fall back plan to second base if we cant keep Infante after next year
    Would be awesome. Don't see it happening though as OAK has said 2 years in a row he's untouchable, one time during his struggles after being sent down last year.

    I read the Dodgers are now looking for LHRP and a back-up catcher. Crazy thought here. Is DD setting up a possible Peralta, Crosby, Boesch, Holaday/Cabrera for Gordon and RP/prospect deal?

    Solves 3 out of 4 needs that way for LAD (LHRP, 3B,backup C) and of course FINALLY upgrade our SS and maybe land a decent young player.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,240
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by lionsfanphil View Post
    I just read on the homepage that boston is open to trading Salty. Would be a nice platoon with avila. Maybe him and ellsbury.
    Salty is also a left handed hitter.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    8,569
    vCash
    1500
    I can't see Salty being happy with a bench role/part time player either.
    Rod Allen Soundboard

    http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/09/1...93&feedID=3593




    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Me and MTM


    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo111 View Post
    I suck the donkey dick!!!........... HAHAHAHAHA!!

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    119
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    Salty is also a left handed hitter.
    I believe he is a switch hitter

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    K-zoo
    Posts
    1,160
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by cjags77 View Post
    I believe he is a switch hitter
    via baseball-reference.com

    Jarrod Scott Saltalamacchia (Salty)

    Positions: Catcher and First Baseman
    Bats: Both, Throws: Right
    Height: 6' 4", Weight: 235 lb.

    Born: May 2, 1985 in West Palm Beach, FL (Age 27)
    High School: Royal Palm Beach HS (Royal Palm Beach, FL)
    Drafted by the Atlanta Braves in the 1st round (36th pick) of the 2003 amateur draft.
    Signed June 3, 2003. (All Transactions)
    Debut: May 2, 2007
    Teams (by GP): RedSox/Rangers/Braves 2007-2012
    2013 Contract Status: 3rd-Year Arb Eligible (details)[*]
    Service Time (01/2013): 5.043, Arb Eligible: 2013, Free Agent: 2014[*], Agents: Jim Munsey[*]

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    K-zoo
    Posts
    1,160
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    Yeah, Why would we want another 30 plus hr run guy that can also steal some bases. Bad bad idea.
    Yankees mentality again, power first, defense second...and he stole 5 bases last year, 7 each of the two years prior. Don't make his base stealing part of your argument.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    MI
    Posts
    4,966
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by kokes View Post
    Would be awesome. Don't see it happening though as OAK has said 2 years in a row he's untouchable, one time during his struggles after being sent down last year.

    I read the Dodgers are now looking for LHRP and a back-up catcher. Crazy thought here. Is DD setting up a possible Peralta, Crosby, Boesch, Holaday/Cabrera for Gordon and RP/prospect deal?

    Solves 3 out of 4 needs that way for LAD (LHRP, 3B,backup C) and of course FINALLY upgrade our SS and maybe land a decent young player.
    How does that solve their needs though? At this point is our own backup catcher need solved? I would say no, we are just rolling the dice with Holaday at this point. So how would he solve theirs?! That doesnt really make sense. And if they are looking for a lefty reliever, how would Crosby fill that need? I dont understand that. Its doubtful hed even make our team! Not cause theres no room, but because hes just not any good. So hes no answer to anything.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    K-zoo
    Posts
    1,160
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Gordon View Post
    How does that solve their needs though? At this point is our own backup catcher need solved? I would say no, we are just rolling the dice with Holaday at this point. So how would he solve theirs?! That doesnt really make sense. And if they are looking for a lefty reliever, how would Crosby fill that need? I dont understand that. Its doubtful hed even make our team! Not cause theres no room, but because hes just not any good. So hes no answer to anything.
    kokes is not saying that the needs on the starting roster are met, just that the needs within a trade are met...but I think that Crosby as a LHRP in NL West would fill a role for them, and Holaday only needs to catch about once every 5 days...not a major issue. And we will more than likely deal with a backup catcher before spring training anyway.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    274
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Gordon View Post
    How does that solve their needs though? At this point is our own backup catcher need solved? I would say no, we are just rolling the dice with Holaday at this point. So how would he solve theirs?! That doesnt really make sense. And if they are looking for a lefty reliever, how would Crosby fill that need? I dont understand that. Its doubtful hed even make our team! Not cause theres no room, but because hes just not any good. So hes no answer to anything.
    I think Cabrera will be fine backing up Avila, certainly think he's better than Holaday. I'm guessing he starts in the minors though. They don't need a backup, just want to add depth to their backup catching.

    I'm not saying Crosby is great, LAD said they want LHRP and that's what he is. Crosby won't be a SP in the majors but could be a useful lefty out of the pen. Add in a change of scenery and who knows, maybe something clicks and he finally pans out.

    Mainly though they are just pieces around a Peralta deal in this scenario.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    252
    vCash
    1500
    u guys should trade for dickey if u can resign snachez, dickey is cheap money wise, and would only cost cast + something smaller

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    395
    vCash
    1500
    I have thought about Dickey for a while now. When I've seen his name come up in these threads there really hasn't been much talk about him but his age. Knuckleballers get better with age in my opinion. He eats up innings and strikes guys out. He is perfect for this team. Pretty much been hearing about our poor infield defensive so wouldn't a strike out pitcher be better for us. Also he eats up innings like Verlander and would lesson the burden on our bullpen. Both wins in my book. He would be cheaper then resigning Sanchez and give the A.L. hitters something different to look at and with year around inter league play he has a thick book on N.L. hitters already. I know he is old but I think he has 3 to 5 yrs. left in him just because he throws that knuckle ball. Dickey thru 2015 or Porcell0 thru 2015 that seems to be my question out side of resigning Sanchez.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    274
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerRulz66 View Post
    I have thought about Dickey for a while now. When I've seen his name come up in these threads there really hasn't been much talk about him but his age. Knuckleballers get better with age in my opinion. He eats up innings and strikes guys out. He is perfect for this team. Pretty much been hearing about our poor infield defensive so wouldn't a strike out pitcher be better for us. Also he eats up innings like Verlander and would lesson the burden on our bullpen. Both wins in my book. He would be cheaper then resigning Sanchez and give the A.L. hitters something different to look at and with year around inter league play he has a thick book on N.L. hitters already. I know he is old but I think he has 3 to 5 yrs. left in him just because he throws that knuckle ball. Dickey thru 2015 or Porcell0 thru 2015 that seems to be my question out side of resigning Sanchez.
    Dickey is not a strike out pitcher. One year, that's it. Every single year before he K's nobody, even once he switched to knuckleballer. I actually agree that he would be worth having simply because he would be a totally different look in the AL, since Wakefield. But at the same time, if he comes to the AL he's going to get hit and therefore would need a strong defensive team to keep anywhere near his current value. Giving up Castellanos or Garcia is out of the question though, certainly not worth them.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    252
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by kokes View Post
    Dickey is not a strike out pitcher. One year, that's it. Every single year before he K's nobody, even once he switched to knuckleballer. I actually agree that he would be worth having simply because he would be a totally different look in the AL, since Wakefield. But at the same time, if he comes to the AL he's going to get hit and therefore would need a strong defensive team to keep anywhere near his current value. Giving up Castellanos or Garcia is out of the question though, certainly not worth them.
    he didnt get 230 + so's last year out of the blue, i've never seen a pitcher get 230 so's one year and not be a SO pitcher the next.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,240
    vCash
    1500
    Plus you can't compare Dickey to Wakefield and Sparks. Those two both had the butterfly knuckleball. Dickeys is a pissed off butterfly. Almost like Jamie Moyer throwing 73-75 mph fastballs. h
    He looks like meat but they either K, pop up or ground out. They don't usually get good wood. But it does happen. Just like hitters get wood on JV.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    274
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by I<3ourProspects View Post
    he didnt get 230 + so's last year out of the blue, i've never seen a pitcher get 230 so's one year and not be a SO pitcher the next.
    I've never seen a pitcher get 200 K's once by the time he's 37 and be called a strikeout pitcher. If he does it for the next couple of years then sure, call him a strikeout pitcher.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •