Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Escobar goes to the Rays on the cheap. Apparently, we showed no interest due to off field issues. Well that removes one from my list of available SS. I think I'm to the point where I'm just assuming that Peralta will be back and I'm hoping we go after a prospect. TB has a couple, KC has some, Cincy has a couple, so we should start there and try to find good one or just sign the Cuban BUT we need to do something for 2014.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaradio15 View Post
    No Dexter Fowler; giving Porcello is too much. Stephen Drew would be a major downgrade from Peralta and that says a lot considering Peralta isn't anything special. I can see us throwing $12M/year for 5 years at Anibal Sanchez. He would be stupid not to take that because we are overpaying. He is worth no more than $10M/season but with a weak pitching market, he'll get more money. I say we trade the farm for King Felix. I'm tired of hearing he is untouchable; I strongly believe that everything has a price.

Porcello, Smyly, Castellanos, Boesch, and Oliver would be a starting point and possibly enough to get it done. We are giving Seattle #3/#4 starters in Porcello and Smyly. Castellanos has all the potential in the world. And Boesch and Oliver are projects that could pan out, could not. I hate giving up Castellanos because of his immense potential to be a stud but having a rotation of Verlander, King Felix, Scherzer, Fister, and whoever we sign or bring up would be huge. Wishful thinking? Perhaps..
    I wish this were even possible...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaradio15 View Post
    No Dexter Fowler; giving Porcello is too much. Stephen Drew would be a major downgrade from Peralta and that says a lot considering Peralta isn't anything special. I can see us throwing $12M/year for 5 years at Anibal Sanchez. He would be stupid not to take that because we are overpaying. He is worth no more than $10M/season but with a weak pitching market, he'll get more money. I say we trade the farm for King Felix. I'm tired of hearing he is untouchable; I strongly believe that everything has a price.

Porcello, Smyly, Castellanos, Boesch, and Oliver would be a starting point and possibly enough to get it done. We are giving Seattle #3/#4 starters in Porcello and Smyly. Castellanos has all the potential in the world. And Boesch and Oliver are projects that could pan out, could not. I hate giving up Castellanos because of his immense potential to be a stud but having a rotation of Verlander, King Felix, Scherzer, Fister, and whoever we sign or bring up would be huge. Wishful thinking? Perhaps..
    Can we add Peralta to the mix???

vCash
    Red Sox Open to Trading Jacoby Ellsbury, Signing Cody Ross to Play Right Field

December 5
    NESN
    "The reported Shane Victorino signing may not mean the Red Sox are done signing free-agent oufielders. The Red Sox could still trade Jacoby Ellsbury, according to Pete Abraham of the Boston Globe. If Ellsbury is moved, that would push Victorino to his more natural position center field and reopen the possibility of signing Cody Ross, Josh Hamilton, or another free-agent right fielder. The Red Sox have been busy at the MLB winter meetings, reportedly signing Mike Napoli and Victorino to matching three-year, $39 million contracts. Ellsbury dealt with a shoulder injury in 2012, and played in just 74 games. He hit .271 with four home runs and 26 RBIs. Ellsbury was coming off the best season"
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    What do you guys think about going for Derek Holland? We could really use a LH starter and i dont think he would cost that much. Thoughts...?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hoog View Post
    Escobar goes to the Rays on the cheap. Apparently, we showed no interest due to off field issues. Well that removes one from my list of available SS. I think I'm to the point where I'm just assuming that Peralta will be back and I'm hoping we go after a prospect. TB has a couple, KC has some, Cincy has a couple, so we should start there and try to find good one or just sign the Cuban BUT we need to do something for 2014.
    Wasn't a "cheap" forfeiture, for a one year rental of Escobar.
    No sireee!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MotownWebGuy View Post
    Wasn't a "cheap" forfeiture, for a one year rental of Escobar.
    No sireee!!!!
    good point...$5mil, correct?

vCash
    I wonder if we have any interest in R.A. Dickey?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerRulz66 View Post
    I wonder if we have any interest in R.A. Dickey?
    Only if Sanchez comes off of the board first.

vCash
    Brewers just mentioned they are open to trading Corey Hart. i know he played 1B last year but he was in the outfield for a long time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekker View Post
    Brewers just mentioned they are open to trading Corey Hart. i know he played 1B last year but he was in the outfield for a long time
    Dekker, you are killing me brother, we don't need another freaking OF...not that you are advocating for that...but Hart sucks.

vCash
    Yeah, Why would we want another 30 plus hr run guy that can also steal some bases. Bad bad idea.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    I just read on the homepage that boston is open to trading Salty. Would be a nice platoon with avila. Maybe him and ellsbury.
    Max Scherzer season stats

blue eyes - 1

brown eyes - 1

wins

losses

KOs

BB

WHIP

vCash
    Hart wouldn't be a bad idea, only thing I'd be cautious about is he hasn't played 150 games once in his career. He can hit and would make the OF even better but don't need to spend $10MM on him, money could be used better where NEEDED.

vCash
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...medium=twitter

This is an interesting read. I would love Jemile Weeks. I think he has a ton of potential and is a good fall back plan to second base if we cant keep Infante after next year

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast