Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Inge>Peralta

vCash
    I think comparing Inge to Peralta is spot on as both are 3B...not my fault that the Tigers have Peralta playing SS. You saying Peralta is sure handed to the balls he gets to is ridiculous...the Tigers were 13th in the American League and 26th in MLB in getting to balls put into play. Prime suspect for these stats is a particular 3B trying to play SS for our club...

Say what you want about Peralta's batting average...he is a lifetime .256 hitter with occasional pop...ultimately the argument comes down to the fact that no team with Jhonny Peralta starts at SS for will EVER win a World Series. Period. A painted pig is still a pig.

The Tigers have a 3B (Cabrera) that should be at 1B, a 1B (Fielder) that should be a DH, a SS (Peralta) that should be playing 3B, and Infante while adequate at 2B is no gold-glove.

I think that Lynn Henning was correct when he said that we would be better off giving Worth the everyday job at SS, especially with Santiago as his backup, and trading Peralta for a BP arm. Worth may not bat you .239 like Peralta but he would get to at least one more ground ball, almost two, per game that would help us win more tight games and decrease SP ERAs by .5 runs per season.

vCash
    Agreed. Dee Gordon makes a lot of sense for us. I am not huge on Drew, Escobar, and don't know much about Diaz or Pastornicky...but I am guessing that they cannot be worse defensively than Peralta...so why not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by T $$$ View Post
    Dekker, I hear what you are saying...but Castellanos will most likely be traded, as will Boesch. Garcia will compete for a starting role but most likely start in AAA next season...he will be pulled up for good in September and be the starting RF for the Tigers in 2014 while moving Hunter to LF...Dirks and Berry become the back ups.

Dirks is good enough for the first half of 2013, another significant piece in the outfield does not get us further along in the playoffs...
    Lmao. For who?

And I agree that dirks will be good enough for the first half. But eventually pitchers will expose the holes in his swing

vCash

Boesch to Seattle for LH RP...

Luetge, Perez, or Furbush? I don't see Seattle willing to part with anyone from the big league staff for Boesch...Not sure what the Mariners have in the minors for LH pitchers...anyone?

vCash
    I am guessing that you are laughing at the Boesch portion of the comment...and my answer would be a bag of batting practice balls and a broken fungo...

vCash
    Castellanos, Lord knows...but I don't see him on the big league club...ever.
    Last edited by T $$$; 12-04-2012 at 03:36 PM. Reason: forgot some extra comments

vCash
    He is blocked at every position and his main talent is hitting...not to mention he is the best chip we possess.

vCash
    please not furbush

vCash

Official Trade Ideas

Instead of clogging up the forum with fake trade ideas let's put them in here please. This way we can keep trade talks up into the regular season as well.

Catches: 3 Yards: 38 TDs: 0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by T $$$ View Post
    I am guessing that you are laughing at the Boesch portion of the comment...and my answer would be a bag of batting practice balls and a broken fungo...
    Yeah I'm laughing at boesch. Don't think we'll get much value out of him. As for Nick C, if he's traded and it isn't for a major upgrade for a star caliber guy, preferably at SS, I would be a little more than upset

vCash
    Agreed, but I think that Dee Gordon could be had without offering up Nick C, right?!?

vCash
    Probably not. But it depends what kind of package we would make and if LA has any desire to trade Gordon in the first place. I haven't heard anything outside of this thread that gordon has ever been mentioned

vCash
    Here is the link on Gordon originally posted yesterday:

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...=382818&spln=1

vCash
    I guess the fact that he is on the block gives some hope, but that "significant return" they are asking for... I'm not to sure they'll get a significant offer and they will probably take him off the block just like Arizona did with Upton when they don't field a stream of offers

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast