Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Dee Gordon is an interesting option...probably not as expensive as Cabrera, and as said earlier Cabrera has us listed on his no trade list.

vCash
    Gordons price will be not far behind AC. The Yankees could be without Jeter to start the season as well as ARod . Nunez will fill in at short. Highly doubtful they will trade him.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    Im a huge Dee Gordon fan and I watch alot of Dodgers games. Hes good in the field. Hes got a strong arm. He wont hit homeruns at all. But his on base skills are maybe the best Ive seen in a long time. When hes standing at first, you know hes running. Which is scary but this guy doesnt get thrown out often. projected at around 60 steals for a full season is impressive. He wont come cheap, but he would come cheap enough to make something happen. I dont think they would want Boesch. They are set on outfielders with Kemp, Crawford, and Ethier. But I imagine that a package of a couple minor leaguers would get this done. Maybe Andy Oliver, Tyler Collins, and Vasquez get that deal done.

vCash
    Yeah A-Rod's going to be out until June I've heard so I see Nunez getting a lot more playing time.

Catches: 3 Yards: 38 TDs: 0

vCash
    And with these Derek "Eater" sightings, doesn't look like he's rehabbing all that well. Unless you consider eating fried steak good rehab. In that case, he's rehabbing better than anyone could expect. Wouldn't be shocked to see him the next spokesman for weight watchers

vCash
    Because Nick and Garcia are starting in Toledo, dirks and berry need to be platooned and boesch is our next whipping boy now that raburn is gone. We don't have a full time guy for the role out of those 5

vCash
    I wouldn't worry about Jeters conditioning. For his age he's been pretty healthy and will be ready when he needs to be.
    "Just because the path is well beaten. That doesn't mean it's the right way to go"

vCash
    Word is the Tigers are looking for a right handed hitting platoon partner to go with Dirks. It would be nice to find one power bat on the cheap.

vCash
    Jeter is going to be just fine...no one in baseball has more desire to win than that guy. Tabloid BS.

This post was generated about 4 hours before the news came out that A-Roid was going to need surgery...I don't see Nunez being moved now either.

I think that Granderson getting traded is about the only play that the Yankees have now...

vCash
    JackB, you slay me...yes, the Tigers are looking for a right handed platoon partner to go with Dirks...that doesn't mean that we sign one. More importantly to your comment of it being nice to find one power bat on the cheap...FOR WHAT?!?

Hunter, Boesch, Castellanos, and Garcia all project for power. Jackson has more power than most leadoff hitters are required to have. Cabrera, Peralta, Fielder, Avila, and Martinez all are "power hitters"...why do we need another power bat on this squad of slow footed DHs?

We were linked to Scott Hairston...which is the type of platoon player that the Tigers are looking for. He is at the opposite end of the spectrum of being described as a power hitter.

We have a large pitcher's park. We need to play better defense and need more speed on this squad. We need to be more like the Giants, and less like the Yankees.

vCash
    Dekker, I hear what you are saying...but Castellanos will most likely be traded, as will Boesch. Garcia will compete for a starting role but most likely start in AAA next season...he will be pulled up for good in September and be the starting RF for the Tigers in 2014 while moving Hunter to LF...Dirks and Berry become the back ups.

Dirks is good enough for the first half of 2013, another significant piece in the outfield does not get us further along in the playoffs...

vCash
    PS. There is no one in baseball that would call Gregor Blanco a full time guy and look at how well he did in 2012...not every spot on the field requires a stud.

Studs up the middle, power on the corners, good pitching and defense wins championships...the formula has not changed.

The weakness that needs to be addressed is Peralta, not Dirks. Most people crucified Inge for a sub .250 batting average and he played good DEFENSE...Peralta bats .239 and cannot field a thing but we are talking about another corner OF with power?!? Seriously!

vCash
    Right now my SS list is as follows:
    Stephen Drew FA
    Dee Gordon LAD
    Yunel Escobar MIA
    Aledmys Diaz FA (Cuba)
    Tyler Pastornicky ATL

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hoog View Post
    Right now my SS list is as follows:
    Stephen Drew FA
    Dee Gordon LAD
    Yunel Escobar MIA
    Aledmys Diaz FA (Cuba)
    Tyler Pastornicky ATL
    I would agree except for Escobar. Slide Drew in above him and that would be more like it. Escobar = Peralta in the field and Peralta is a better hitter. Only $1MM difference in salary and would hurt the clubhouse. Unless DD can give up nobodies to land him (highly doubtful), I wouldn't want to see Escobar wearing the D.

Adding another SS, why not try to get Cozart from the Reds??? They have Hamilton who's most likely ready for the show and Cozart ha nowhere to play.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by T $$$ View Post
    PS. There is no one in baseball that would call Gregor Blanco a full time guy and look at how well he did in 2012...not every spot on the field requires a stud.

Studs up the middle, power on the corners, good pitching and defense wins championships...the formula has not changed.

The weakness that needs to be addressed is Peralta, not Dirks. Most people crucified Inge for a sub .250 batting average and he played good DEFENSE...Peralta bats .239 and cannot field a thing but we are talking about another corner OF with power?!? Seriously!
    Comparing Inge and Peralta is ridiculous. Yes, Inge easily takes the defense argument but Peralta is sure handed with balls he gets to. He lacks in range but he's good enough for $6MM. When it comes to hitting though, Inge vs. Peralta is stupid. You're basing it off of 1 year and it's different positions.

As far as SS go, Peralta probably has top 3 power behind Tulo and Hardy. He will most likely hit around .270 or so opposed to Inges' given .230. If Inge was a SS you'd have an argument, but a 3B who hits .230, 15 homers and plays good D isn't the same. It's easier to find a 3B who can play D with no bat than it is to find a SS that can hit and play D (even if the range isn't there).

That aside, I love Inge, think he took a lot of **** from Tiger fans that was unnecessary. He may not have hit well but that's the fans fault for basing his production off one year. He played GREAT defense, great leader in the clubhouse, helped the community and did whatever was asked of him. Guy plays the game hard and IMO, the MLB could use more guys with his mentality and ethic.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast