Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    It's a results business and Sabean has produced results even if he makes some questionable moves.

vCash
    Things Sabean did:

Trades
    Angel Pagan
    Melky Cabrera
    George Kontos
    Marco Scutaro
    Hunter Pence

Re-Signs/Extensions
    Matt Cain
    Ryan Vogelsong
    Madison Bumgarner
    Javier Lopez
    Jeremy Affeldt

FA Signings/Waivers
    Gregor Blanco
    Joaquin Arias
    Jose Mijares

He also stuck with Crawford and Hector Sanchez during the year.

vCash
    makes senes.e well deserved for Sabean
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    You can't argue with what he's done but he's falling into the same traps he made in 2011. I think more than anything, Sabean's players have made him look a lot better than he really is. Before 2010, people wanted his head on a platter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    I guess Beane didn't do enough.
    Beane's award is more prestigious than the Baseball America award. I'd equate it to the MLB Hall of Fame versus the College Hall of Fame.

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    Well deserved.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Billy Beane w/ that 55 mill payroll though!
    Unleash the Mamba!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    I don't like Sabean. He makes too many stupid moves to actually be considered a good GM.

But he has, overall, done well enough.

I don't know that the 2 rings is necessarily indicative of his baseball acumen though.
    Why not? He won the World Series 2/3 years with only 1 position player in common between the teams. He won, reinvented the team and won again.

Plus he learns from his mistakes like Zito and Rowand, now only giving long contracts to guys who have proven themselves in our park, like this offseason. We didn't go after Bourn or Swisher, instead going with known entities like Pagan and Scutaro.

He has gotten wiser in recent years, not taking risks and finding low-priced players who make huge impacts. We are the premier team in MLB right now. He and Bochy are huge reasons. They built a team with great character and great characters. We sell out every game. What else could he do more right realistically. We have a great park, make lots of money and win! We should be worshipping this guy and forgive him for Rowand/Zito and other bad trades like Pierzynski.
    Tottenham Hotspur
    San Francisco Warriors
    San Francisco Giants
    San Francisco 49ers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfattahian View Post
    Why not? He won the World Series 2/3 years with only 1 position player in common between the teams. He won, reinvented the team and won again.

Plus he learns from his mistakes like Zito and Rowand, now only giving long contracts to guys who have proven themselves in our park, like this offseason. We didn't go after Bourn or Swisher, instead going with known entities like Pagan and Scutaro.

He has gotten wiser in recent years, not taking risks and finding low-priced players who make huge impacts. We are the premier team in MLB right now. He and Bochy are huge reasons. They built a team with great character and great characters. We sell out every game. What else could he do more right realistically. We have a great park, make lots of money and win! We should be worshipping this guy and forgive him for Rowand/Zito and other bad trades like Pierzynski.
    He did a great job this year with his acquisitions, but 2010 he was lucky. Ross was meant to just block the Padres and the cheap Marlins dumped him on us and suddenly went on a hot streak in the Postseason. Same with Renteria. Torres and Huff had good years out of nowhere. But he did make those two good trades of Ramirez and Lopez.

While it's not entirely his fault that they're not pursuing Swisher, they should. He's been a very good consistent bat and actually wants wants to play for us. That doesn't happen very often. I don't like how they're probably going to stand pat once again after a World Series while other teams in our division improve. He does make good under the radar pick ups though.

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Brings up an interesting question. Do you give a GM credit for a move that shouldn't have worked, but did? I suppose Baseball America thinks you do. I'm in the middle, but lean towards yes.

Coming soon to a TKRO stadium near you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VRP723 View Post
    Brings up an interesting question. Do you give a GM credit for a move that shouldn't have worked, but did? I suppose Baseball America thinks you do. I'm in the middle, but lean towards yes.
    Certainly.

But he is likely being rewarded for the WS ring, something the GM has very little control over.

A GM can only assemble a playoff caliber team. The rest is up to the players and managers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Certainly.

But he is likely being rewarded for the WS ring, something the GM has very little control over.

A GM can only assemble a playoff caliber team. The rest is up to the players and managers.
    And a certain amount of luck.

vCash
    yup

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Is your sig pic from that fake (and really old) Sports Illustrated article about the random phenom that could throw 110 MPH or some ****? Looks familiar.
    Yup...Sid finch

vCash
    I'd never heard that Sidd Finch story. That's SO awesome.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast