Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Bielema to take over Arkansas

Bielema is jumping ship and is headed to Arkansas. Here is the link if you havent seen it already: http://espn.go.com/college-football/...orbacks-source

Personally I'm disappointed as a Badger fan. Three straight Rose Bowls and he leaves before the last one. My fear is that the Badgers will make Matt Canada, the O-Coordinator the head coach.Im hoping to pull Chris Peterson out of Boise

vCash
    as a Badgers fan, I am ecstatic about this.... CTrain Canada is not going to be the HC of this team.....ever..... I have hated BB since the day he was awarded the job ( personnally though Chryst should have gotton it), and his inability to call plays, and win big games only further increased that dislike.... I am guessing that Alvarez coaches for the Rose Bowl, and then fills the HC position with any one of Brad Childress, Bob Bostadt, Paul Chryst, or another lured big name coach not unemployed.....I am excited to see where this goes....Good luck Arkansas ! you will need it....I cannot even imagine the issues Bielema is going to have trying to recruit down there against Saban, Miles, and the like....

vCash
    Frankly I find him an okay coach.

Sure he's gone to 3 straight rose bowls but its not like this years team was really rose bowl worthy. Ohio state and penn states screw ups allowed him to have the opportunity to play for it. Bad coaching on Nebraskas part put them there. Last year he got lucky and won the Russell Wilson sweepstake.

A lot of things broke easy for him to get him to this point. I feel like in 5 years Arkansas will be average and he will be Fired eventually.

Also, I think it's incredibly hypocritical for him to say less than a year ago that we in the big10 don't want to be anything like the SEC like it's a bad place then leave for an SEC school.

Also he criticized urban Meyer for his cut throat recruiting tactics and then goes to a conference with Saban and Miles? Hahaha good luck Bert.

As an Ohio state fan I'm happy though, I've always liked Wisconsin but would not root for them with him as coach

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wwfd1220 View Post
    as a Badgers fan, I am ecstatic about this.... CTrain Canada is not going to be the HC of this team.....ever..... I have hated BB since the day he was awarded the job ( personnally though Chryst should have gotton it), and his inability to call plays, and win big games only further increased that dislike.... I am guessing that Alvarez coaches for the Rose Bowl, and then fills the HC position with any one of Brad Childress, Bob Bostadt, Paul Chryst, or another lured big name coach not unemployed.....I am excited to see where this goes....Good luck Arkansas ! you will need it....I cannot even imagine the issues Bielema is going to have trying to recruit down there against Saban, Miles, and the like....
    I highly doubt it will happen, but it is possible. Wisconsin likes to promote from within. Thats what scares me. I do think that Alvarez will be on the field for the Rose Bowl. I actually think the team might come out and crush it just to stick it to the former coach now. Im just waiting for the recruiting fallout thats going to follow this decision.

vCash
    Canada was already mentioned as joining BB in Arkansas..... twitterverse has alot of names being thrown around for Badgers HC...including Jim Tressel

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wwfd1220 View Post
    Canada was already mentioned as joining BB in Arkansas..... twitterverse has alot of names being thrown around for Badgers HC...including Jim Tressel
    Won't happen.

Show cause penalty makes Wisconsin eligible for same penalties we got at Ohio state.

No bowl game
    No big 10 title game
    9 scholarship loss over 3 years (3 per year)
    3 years probation

If it wasn't for that then he would probably be a great candidate but that's if he would want the job even. Honestly I don't think he would. He said about a year before he was fired that the job was really starting to wear on him and that he was beginning to tire.

If there was no penalty on him I'd say its unlikely but possible and now with the penalty I'd say almost 0 percent chance

vCash
    I'm with wwfd. I'm glad he's gone. Never was a fan of him. He gets us there but he never seems to finish.