Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by quinnjack View Post
    I don't think that's fair. I like Victorino a lot as a ballplayer.

If he gives you .270/.340, hits 12-15 HR, is an exceptional base runner, and above average defender he's worth $12.5/year.
    value was 14.7 last year according to FG

maybe we are just starting to see inflated contracts this year with all the new money coming in?

vCash
    I don't think that's fair. I like Victorino a lot as a ballplayer.

If he gives you .270/.340, hits 12-15 HR, is an exceptional base runner, and above average defender he's worth $12.5/year.
    overrated selling point...

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    I would think so, but I hope it's something good. Not against getting rid of Ells now as long as we get big upside for him like Stephenson or Hultzen.
    Seattle is such a logical fit. He played his college ball near there, and they're having difficulty getting any bats to sign there, even with the fences coming in.

Hultzen is nice, but wouldn't be near enough as a 1-for-1 deal.

Maybe they'll get Charlie Furbush. I know him personally, he's a good Dude. Many a beers with Charlie.
    Here's to feeling good all the time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet_Caroline View Post
    Most scouting reports I've read on Hultzen don't peg him as a high upside guy. He seems to be a low floor low ceiling type of #3ish starter. Maybe a #2.
    I knew someone would say this as I wrote that but that's still a high ceiling. Hultzen isn't a top 10 spec like once though but he's a high floor guy with a number two ceiling. Still a top 30 spec and will be a good player.

Then there's three way possibilities and the Andrus scenario which seems impossible at this point.

vCash
    Trade Ells + Barnes + Salty for Andrus in a 3 way - Salty goes someplace else and returns something to the Rangers that they want (like an RP).

Victorino in CF until JBJ takes it from him, then deal SV at deadline '13 or '14.

Plus everything I know says this guy is a "gamer", Ellsbury? More like a wet blanket with a **** head agent.

BTW, I'm glad we didn't go for Haren, saw tweet earlier that said Sox didn't like his medicals.

I'd also say we can forget any big name FA OF's. Maybe Ross on a two year...
    Last edited by bagwell368; 12-04-2012 at 04:53 PM.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Trade Ells + Barnes + Salty for Andrus in a 3 way - Salty goes someplace else and returns something to the Rangers that they want (like an RP).

Victorino in CF until JBJ takes it from him, then deal SV at deadline '13 or '14.

BTW, I'm glad we didn't go for Haren, saw tweet earlier that said Sox didn't like his medicals.
    you don't think ells + salty would be enough? isn't barnes our best pitching prospect right now?

only unfortunate thing about haren is they took his money and gave it to SV

vCash
    Seattle is such a logical fit. He played his college ball near there, and they're having difficulty getting any bats to sign there, even with the fences coming in.

Hultzen is nice, but wouldn't be near enough as a 1-for-1 deal.

Maybe they'll get Charlie Furbush. I know him personally, he's a good Dude. Many a beers with Charlie.
    Hultzen and Miller for Ells, Aceves and Workman.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SirHizz View Post
    It's a mistake, most of Victorinos value comes as a CF. Even if we deal Ells, what happens when JBJ is ready? I'd dismiss the RF idea, would rather Swisher there.
    I agree about Swisher, but I have a feeling he is going to cost a ton more than Victorino. I also agree he is awesome at the Cf position, but he would still be great as a RF.
    "You’re either two feet in now or you’re two feet out. Let us know now because we’re coming."
    -Pedey

Follow me on Twitter: S_____C_____

vCash
    Gordon Edes ‏@GordonEdes
    Red Sox in "driver's seat" for Victorino, baseball source says. "Nothing done yet, but getting close,'' source says.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    How does that make sense with your 2015 plan? Andrus is a FA in 2 years and while probably easier to talk to than Ellsbury, he's still a Boras-client. I am not touching him on that deal.

Too bad, we must have waived the white flag on Hamilton. Victorino is coming here. No way we sign Hamilton in addition to that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    overrated selling point...
    How about a serious competitor? Ells seems more like a technician at work to me. In that way SV >> JE IMO.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Gordon Edes ‏@GordonEdes
    Boston offer is three-year deal for around $38m, source says. Globe's Cafardo was first to report Boston's offer

vCash
    Jerry Crasnick ‏@jcrasnick
    Things are moving fast with Shane Victorino. Source says #redsox are in "good position'' to seal the deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by gustofer1 View Post
    ^ This.

Now I know there's no such thing as a "sure thing" pitching prospect, but I'd rather get a handful of #2/#3 guys for Ells and 3 of them pan out, pay a guy like Halladay two years from now, and have a rotation with one veteran (#1) and fill the rest with farm arms. That being said, I'd package Clay or Lester with Ells and 3 or 4 prospects for 2 solid farm arms.

Also, Victorino is another "character" guy who I think would be great in the clubhouse. Having a RHH who can hit 15-20 HR and swipe 20+ bases easily and is a plus defender sounds good to me.
    That is way to much for 2 solid farm arms. Im not sure what you mean by solid farm arms but unless you mean bauer and walker would be the 2 there isnt any other 2 arms i would even consider for ells, bucholz/lester and 3-4 prospects there is a chance neither of the two prospects work out also

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast