Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    Yo Soy Fiesta

vCash
    Well, is it safe to say this will be Ben's first blunder?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by quinnjack View Post
    I can't help but wonder if this means a deal is in place for Ells..
    I would think so, but I hope it's something good. Not against getting rid of Ells now as long as we get big upside for him like Stephenson or Hultzen.

vCash
    Depends on what we get for Ellsbury imo

vCash
    well it depends on what they plan on doing with him. he does play good defense i guess....
    Yo Soy Fiesta

vCash
    if we trade Ellsbury, Victorino wouldnt be a terrible signing. We have Bradley waiting in the wings, and Victorino won't be an important piece whatsoever. If he plays well, hell be able to split with someone like Kalish. Maybe Kalish hits righties and Victorino hits lefties

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    I would think so, but I hope it's something good. Not against getting rid of Ells now as long as we get big upside for him like Stephenson or Hultzen.
    Most scouting reports I've read on Hultzen don't peg him as a high upside guy. He seems to be a low floor low ceiling type of #3ish starter. Maybe a #2.
    Bring back MacDime

vCash
    Ughhh.

This is ironic
    @GordonEdes
    Red Sox liked Haren, but it was simply a matter of money. Weren't going to $13m after a season in which his velocity dipped

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by -Lavigne43- View Post
    Ughhh.

This is ironic
    @GordonEdes
    Red Sox liked Haren, but it was simply a matter of money. Weren't going to $13m after a season in which his velocity dipped
    Noticed that right after too. Could have given the same amount of money for 2 years less to a quality starting pitcher which we need right now.

vCash
    Fenway has a big RF area and I think that Victorino and Ells would be fine as a RF/CF combo until JBJ arrives and takes Ells spot next year, or after the trade deadline. We can have Ells in CF and Victorino in RF.
    "You’re either two feet in now or you’re two feet out. Let us know now because we’re coming."
    -Pedey

Follow me on Twitter: S_____C_____

vCash
    ^ This.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet_Caroline View Post
    Most scouting reports I've read on Hultzen don't peg him as a high upside guy. He seems to be a low floor low ceiling type of #3ish starter. Maybe a #2.
    Now I know there's no such thing as a "sure thing" pitching prospect, but I'd rather get a handful of #2/#3 guys for Ells and 3 of them pan out, pay a guy like Halladay two years from now, and have a rotation with one veteran (#1) and fill the rest with farm arms. That being said, I'd package Clay or Lester with Ells and 3 or 4 prospects for 2 solid farm arms.

Also, Victorino is another "character" guy who I think would be great in the clubhouse. Having a RHH who can hit 15-20 HR and swipe 20+ bases easily and is a plus defender sounds good to me.

vCash

Sox "on the verge" of signing Shane Victorino

I'm in the same boat as others. Trade Ellabury and the Victorino signing is easier to swallow. We have guys like Bradley and Brentz coming along nicely in the system so there needs to be an open spot Soon so letting Ells go would be wise.

If we can land a SP or SS for Ells, our offseason is a success.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LasahShow14 View Post
    Fenway has a big RF area and I think that Victorino and Ells would be fine as a RF/CF combo until JBJ arrives and takes Ells spot next year, or after the trade deadline. We can have Ells in CF and Victorino in RF.
    It's a mistake, most of Victorinos value comes as a CF. Even if we deal Ells, what happens when JBJ is ready? I'd dismiss the RF idea, would rather Swisher there.
    Last edited by SirHizz; 12-04-2012 at 05:44 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lackeyfan41 View Post
    I think we are all forgetting Victorino was a 5.9 war player in 2011. He just had a down year last year.

If he plays like he did last year, then yes, he is no where near 38 million in value. But if he plays somewhat like he did in 2011 for the next 2 years and is a 3.5-5 War player, than he is worth it. In the last year he will be 35, can't hope of much other than an average OF type guy. But he would still be worth it if he can preform like he did in 2011.

Would love to get him in center field, trade ellsbury for a young, cost controlled SP, And then hopefully sign another OF to a short 1 or 2 year contract until some of the prospects come up.

Seems like a good, medium risk-high reward, type move to me.
    2011 was a complete outlier year for him. He's a career .269/.338/.418 hitter, coming off the worst year of his career, and hes 32. This would be a huge overpay.

vCash
    I don't think that's fair. I like Victorino a lot as a ballplayer.

If he gives you .270/.340, hits 12-15 HR, is an exceptional base runner, and above average defender he's worth $12.5/year.
    Here's to feeling good all the time.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast