Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    Both would fail MISERABLY in Boston, i'd take Sanchez over both of them 8 days of the week.
    I want nothing to do with Sanchez, unless his price drops significantly, or Lohse, who will get payed and will cost a draft pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Towelie View Post
    For people saying he's over paid they did see what Tori Hunter got paid right?

Ben said he wanted a guy who could play CF and other positions. SV can do this, and do it well. He's got a good bat, but obviously went down last year. If he plays like he did for the Phillies we won't regret this at all.
    It's true. Sox like versatility right now. Napoli is versatile and Victorino can play all 3 positions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tragedy View Post
    It's true. Sox like versatility right now. Napoli is versatile and Victorino can play all 3 positions.
    I'm versatile, will the Sox sign me ?

vCash
    I'm versatile, will the Sox sign me ?
    twink-versatile maybe. Nobody can please you!
    Signature removed because **** is a dodging filter

vCash
    idgi

vCash
    well twink: A term often used in homosexual circles to describe a man with a smooth, youthful, only slightly-muscular, physique.

and versatile means i can do multiple things so i'm a versatile homosexual ?

vCash
    This signing only ends up good if he learns how to hit RHP again, plays CF, and doesn't decline into his 30's

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by -Lavigne43- View Post
    This signing only ends up good if he learns how to hit RHP again, plays CF, and doesn't decline into his 30's
    I just hope he continues to be a 3 win player, he's been pretty consistent since 2006.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    I just hope he continues to be a 3 win player, he's been pretty consistent since 2006.
    The AL East will be good to his bat in general. Maybe not his power because of RF at Fenway, but his average should be around .275 and he good about taking a walk. I don't think he'll be good defensively in CF later in seasons or at all past the 2014 season, though Bradley will be in center by then. 2.5-3.5 WAR is what i expect the first two years at least, and by the third I'd have to see what his playing time is like.

vCash

PAPI SMASH!

vCash
    I will end up liking this signing only if the sox end up trading Ellsbury for a top starter. It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense for Victorino to be our starting right fielder...If Ellsbury is traded and Victorino starts in center, he's a guy (if he underperforms) that I wouldn't mind sitting in favor of a prospect, when the time comes.

We need to trade Ellsbury + specs (hopefully Iglesias) for a top arm, sign swisher, sign steven drew, and call it an offseason. Minimal garunteed years to these guys is all we should be worried about at this point.

Victorino CF
    Pedroia 2B
    Ortiz DH
    Napoli 1B
    Swisher RF
    Middlebrooks 3B
    Gomes LF
    Lavarnaway/Ross C
    Drew SS

vCash
    well twink: A term often used in homosexual circles to describe a man with a smooth, youthful, only slightly-muscular, physique.

and versatile means i can do multiple things so i'm a versatile homosexual ?
    It's from Always Sunny You're not far off though.
    Signature removed because **** is a dodging filter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan0407 View Post
    I will end up liking this signing only if the sox end up trading Ellsbury for a top starter. It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense for Victorino to be our starting right fielder...If Ellsbury is traded and Victorino starts in center, he's a guy (if he underperforms) that I wouldn't mind sitting in favor of a prospect, when the time comes.

We need to trade Ellsbury + specs (hopefully Iglesias) for a top arm, sign swisher, sign steven drew, and call it an offseason. Minimal garunteed years to these guys is all we should be worried about at this point.

Victorino CF
    Pedroia 2B
    Ortiz DH
    Napoli 1B
    Swisher RF
    Middlebrooks 3B
    Gomes LF
    Lavarnaway/Ross C
    Drew SS
    There is no chance in hell we will get a top SP for Ellsbury. Once CF's on contending teams start going down they won't even get that much for him. Best haul is at the deadline and getting two specs in the #5-#10 area by BRS standars - forget top SP in all cases.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    It's from Always Sunny You're not far off though.
    never watched that show but thank god for urban dictionary or i never would have known what twink is....then again, i got the sense for it when i googled "twink" a lot of inappropriate things came up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFan0407 View Post

Victorino CF
    Pedroia 2B
    Ortiz DH
    Napoli 1B
    Swisher RF
    Middlebrooks 3B
    Gomes LF
    Lavarnaway/Ross C
    Drew SS
    Even if we were able to get a "top arm" for ellsbury, + specs, Iglesias isn't going to help bring in more than a bag of balls at this point....To Bags, if you notice this point, why do you think Ells couldn't bring in a pitcher?

Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast