Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Probably because of all puerile crap going on in the main off season thread.
    This is inredibly and sadly true.

vCash
    Okay, I don't love the move but yay for keeping draft picks. Victorino isn't the greatest guy in the world but you could also have worse options.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    I think the haze/fog/negativity of getting SV under the tree and not JH is starting to dissipate.

In a couple of days this deal will look at least as good as Gomes and when/if Ells is dealt/injured then the move will be seen as wise.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Exactly. I'm reserving judgement until I see the moves that follow this.

vCash
    i'll admit i wasn't a big fan of it when i first found out but that happens to me every time a favorite sports team signs or trades for a guy i wasn't really focused on, i mean everyone is in agreement that they won't be a contender for a while so what's the point of getting all fired up about a move like this?

vCash
    Flyin hawaiiAn comes to Boston... I'm liking the bring back the idiots approach

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MoVaughnsLunch View Post
    Flyin hawaiiAn comes to Boston... I'm liking the bring back the idiots approach
    Only difference is that team had stable good pitching and didn't have major question marks at multiple positions (i.e starting pitching, ss, closer, catcher, etc.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bruins>habs View Post
    Only difference is that team had stable good pitching and didn't have major question marks at multiple positions (i.e starting pitching, ss, closer, catcher, etc.)
    Pitching is a given, SS probably. However, closer and catcher? Not really.

We have a strong bullpen, 3 catchers (4 if you count Napoli).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    Pitching is a given, SS probably. However, closer and catcher? Not really.

We have a strong bullpen, 3 catchers (4 if you count Napoli).
    I meant, Bailey...at the end of the season he was horrendous, and he was hurt for what 5-6 months, i'd say that's a question mark right now b/c he gets hurt.....

forgot we signed Ross, i view Napoli as 1st base since they signed him for that.

vCash
    Nice signing. Guy is a GG and gives Boston room to trade Ellsbury if the right deal came along or if(when) Ellsbury takes his talents elsewhere when he hits FA, Boston can just slide Victorino back to CF.

vCash
    I'm tired of hearing we paid to high for SV, of course we ******* did, but we did it so we can keep from throwing extra years away. Plus, I heard that the Indians offered him 4 yrs and $40 some million. I like the way BC is going right now, we don't need all the big names and flashy signings, a good clubhouse can have us contending.
    "You’re either two feet in now or you’re two feet out. Let us know now because we’re coming."
    -Pedey

Follow me on Twitter: S_____C_____

vCash
    eh

vCash
    For people saying he's over paid they did see what Tori Hunter got paid right?

Ben said he wanted a guy who could play CF and other positions. SV can do this, and do it well. He's got a good bat, but obviously went down last year. If he plays like he did for the Phillies we won't regret this at all.
    Last edited by Towelie; 12-04-2012 at 11:28 PM.
    Signature removed because **** is a dodging filter

vCash
    Exactly right, Towelie. And another thing, I don't want us to get A. Sanchez, at all. Unless his price has drastically went down, I would rather have Lohse or Dempster.
    "You’re either two feet in now or you’re two feet out. Let us know now because we’re coming."
    -Pedey

Follow me on Twitter: S_____C_____

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LasahShow14 View Post
    Exactly right, Towelie. And another thing, I don't want us to get A. Sanchez, at all. Unless his price has drastically went down, I would rather have Lohse or Dempster.
    Both would fail MISERABLY in Boston, i'd take Sanchez over both of them 8 days of the week.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast