Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Gordon Edes ‏@GordonEdes
    Victorino would play RF, which would seemingly end chance of Cody Ross returning to Boston, unless Sox have unlikely plan to move Ells
    Lester to the Cubs??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    I'm calling smokescreen on this Victorino rumors.
    oh, you wish :cry:
    Lester to the Cubs??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SirHizz View Post
    How does that make sense with your 2015 plan? Andrus is a FA in 2 years and while probably easier to talk to than Ellsbury, he's still a Boras-client. I am not touching him on that deal.
    He's still more useful to the future then JE IMO. If he does really well here, than given our SS history since Nomar, he's worth it.

Too bad, we must have waived the white flag on Hamilton. Victorino is coming here. No way we sign Hamilton in addition to that
    No question about that.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xnick5757 View Post
    Gordon Edes ‏@GordonEdes
    Victorino would play RF, which would seemingly end chance of Cody Ross returning to Boston, unless Sox have unlikely plan to move Ells
    Unlikely? Until the deadline perhaps....

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    He's still more useful to the future then JE IMO. If he does really well here, than given our SS history since Nomar, he's worth it.

No question about that.

thoughts on SV as our everyday RF? personally i'm not sure why they added another guy who struggles vs RHPs
    Lester to the Cubs??

vCash
    Gordon Edes ‏@GordonEdes
    This is a nightmare. It started out so well with Napoli...now that

vCash
    you don't think ells + salty would be enough? isn't barnes our best pitching prospect right now?
    No I read that Barnes is falling to about 4th. And no, Ells and Salty isn't probably enough unless Salty is worth more to someone than I suspect.

vCash
    thoughts on SV as our everyday RF? personally i'm not sure why they added another guy who struggles vs RHPs
    .267/.330/.402 against RHP career wise isn't so bad. With a rather large amount of lefties we face every year: .301/.373/.508 vs LHP is pretty fancy - in particular if he plays CF.

vCash
    Well, more valuable than 1 year of Ellsbury, but not > Ells, Barnes and Salty. That's my point. Ells (and Salty) for Andrus? Yes, better yesterday

vCash
    What an overpay.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SirHizz View Post
    Well, more valuable than 1 year of Ellsbury, but not > Ells, Barnes and Salty. That's my point. Ells (and Salty) for Andrus? Yes, better yesterday
    Salty is actually IMO a negative player - steaky hitter, meh OBP, terrible pitcher handler. The latest I read is that Barnes is going to be slipped to the #4 SP among our specs.

We could trade for Cabrera if you want to give up 50% more.

vCash
    Sick to my stomach thinking about what the Sox are gonna look like next year, and years to come with these types of signings! We should just say no to Victorino and Swisher! I hope Ben doesnt go all Barack on us and spend up all our money on garbage players, and leave us screwed for years after he done.......Just my opinion!

vCash
    .267/.330/.402 against RHP career wise isn't so bad. With a rather large amount of lefties we face every year: .301/.373/.508 vs LHP is pretty fancy - in particular if he plays CF.
    career wise he's not bad against RHP, but he was terrible last year so who knows what they will get.
    Lester to the Cubs??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EwanSellars View Post
    That is way to much for 2 solid farm arms. Im not sure what you mean by solid farm arms but unless you mean bauer and walker would be the 2 there isnt any other 2 arms i would even consider for ells, bucholz/lester and 3-4 prospects there is a chance neither of the two prospects work out also
    Considering the amount of pitching prospects we have, increase the odds. If we're not going to compete, make some moves for the future. If we move Barnes, *it would be nice* to replace him. Also, I'm not saying that's all we get in return if we're giving up a Barnes or Brentz we should also be looking to acquire a SS prospect, of which Arizona has a good one.

vCash
    career wise he's not bad against RHP, but he was terrible last year so who knows what they will get.
    they'll get the declining outfielder numbers that he's going to put up in these next 3 years.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast