Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Hybrid View

vCash

Jacobs A Negative Impact On & Off The Ice?

I know everyone is looking for someone to blame for the lockout but for right now I want to focus only on the Bruins. It's no secret that Jacobs is one of the "lightning rods" that continues to keep the NHL season in a lockout.

My question is what kind of affect could this have on the future of this team? Could current players be so disgusted by Jacobs that they wont even consider Boston when it comes to re-signings or extensions? Could potential FA's look at what Jacobs is doing and decide they don't want to "work" for a man like that?

The Bruins are currently one of the few teams that are making money year after year in the NHL. Is Jacobs going to "potentially" cost this team in the future to put more money in his pocket now? as a Bruins fan how do you feel knowing that it our owner who is nearly single handedly keeping you from the sport you love to watch?

First Milk Crates, Now Water Bottles.....Nothing is Safe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    I know everyone is looking for someone to blame for the lockout but for right now I want to focus only on the Bruins. It's no secret that Jacobs is one of the "lightning rods" that continues to keep the NHL season in a lockout.

My question is what kind of affect could this have on the future of this team? Could current players be so disgusted by Jacobs that they wont even consider Boston when it comes to re-signings or extensions? Could potential FA's look at what Jacobs is doing and decide they don't want to "work" for a man like that?

The Bruins are currently one of the few teams that are making money year after year in the NHL. Is Jacobs going to "potentially" cost this team in the future to put more money in his pocket now? as a Bruins fan how do you feel knowing that it our owner who is nearly single handedly keeping you from the sport you love to watch?

Never really thought about this, but damn...all that could happen b/c of this greedy, money hungry, big nosed douchebag. Now, I'm 19 years old so i don't really know Jacob's early tenure as the B's owner. From what my dad tells me....he lived in upstate ny (still does) and only cared about selling his hotdogs and hamburgers. I know he was a cheap bastard and when his teams we're good (really good) they would always be one or two players away from being great but he would never want to open the wallet and they would finish just short of the finals or make it to the finals and lose. Then they went through a real rough patch of straight sucking for almost a decade iirc. Basically through my younger years watching the bruins i was brought up that their owner was a douche and really didn't care about the bruins. Now, as i'm older and understand not just the hockey side but the business aspect of it (which really interests me now, i love all that sutff) i've seen Jacobs open his wallet, and actually helped build a SC champion.....What i don't understand about it is how he can throw it all away....Well, it all goes back to him being a rich douchebag who only wants to sell hotdogs and hamburgers and live in upstate ny.

The bolded question you asked, here's my answer:

Not to joke around but i really would love to punch him in the face. I remember being heartbroken the first lockout (full season) and learned Jacobs was behind it a few years ago that pissed me off....Now knowing he's basically behind this one makes me despise him even more, AND after his team won the cup not too long away really drives me the wrong way. I now jsut want him to sell the team........

vCash
    I highly doubt players care about Jacobs...if the Bruins are willing to pay them, they will play...Players know that Boston is a great city, a great team, and a great place to win a Stanley Cup...they will come...

But Jacobs is a POS and I would hope that Bruins Fans don't forget this...but also the players are being a little greedy...I mean really...how much money do they need?
    PSD Bruins Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Boston Bruins Style

vCash
    i can't stand Jacobs. If it were not for his cheapskate *** we would have celebrated Cups long before we did. He always used to make negotiations hard with people like Bourque for example. It won't affect the players who come tho as i think he finally got sick of losing and started spending to the max.

was surprised to read on the fourth period today that he was actually the owner that was most helpful to the players over the last couple days. another article said he nearly stormed out tho.

oh well,

vCash
    Hearing on the radio right now that Jacobs got into a verbal match last night with Ryan Miller.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    Hearing on the radio right now that Jacobs got into a verbal match last night with Ryan Miller.
    NEW YORK—The conversation went something like this.

“Let’s leave,” said Boston Bruins owner Jeremy Jacobs, turning to NHL deputy commissioner Bill Daly.

“It’s up to you,” replied Daly.

At that point during the talks between the NHL and NHL Players’ Association on Wednesday, a day that began as a continuation of the momentum generated on Tuesday, both sides were at the precipice, and the 2012-13 season was in jeopardy. Earlier, Buffalo Sabres goalie Ryan Miller had angrily vented when the owners said they were disappointed with the players’ responses to an earlier offer and threatened to pull everything off the table.

But with Jacobs poised to abandon the talks, other owners spoke up, and then both sides dramatically backed away from the precipice. When talks ended close to 1 a.m. Thursday morning after more than eight hours of talks without NHL commissioner Gary Bettman and union executive director Don Fehr, it certainly seemed from the outside they were getting closer and closer to a deal to end this ugly lockout.

“We had a series of candid discussions,” said player rep Ron Hainsey, summing up the union’s position before announcing the two sides would continue talks later on Thursday afternoon.

Larry Tanenbaum, chairman of Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment, said simply: “We are still talking.”

How close are they heading into a third day of bargaining? Well, according to a report by Sportsnet.ca writer Michael Grange, the league has raised the amount of “make whole” money it is will to throw in the pot to $300 million from $211 million, essentially meeting the players halfway as the two sides try to develop a formula that will transition both to a 50-50 split on revenue.

The six owners in the meeting agreed to accept the NHLPA’s position to keep rules on free agency and arbitration rights the same as they were in the old CBA. The league remained steadfast on a five-year contract limit with no more than a 5 per cent variance in any year, but did suggest a free agent re-signing with his old team could sign for as long as seven years.

Also, the owners want a 10-year collective bargaining agreement, according to the Sportsnet.ca report. The players want a much shorter term.

“There are critical open issues between the two parties,” said Daly after the meetings ended.
    I want to SLUG this guy in the head with an aluminum baseball bat.....over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again until i'm content.....then start over again.

vCash
    It's tough to hate on a guy without knowing the full story. There's not even the slightest chance in helm that Jacobs is the ONE guy holding everything up. It's also hard without being in that position. They're essentially asking the owners to leave millions on the table... I can see why the owners would object.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seguin View Post
    It's tough to hate on a guy without knowing the full story. There's not even the slightest chance in helm that Jacobs is the ONE guy holding everything up. It's also hard without being in that position. They're essentially asking the owners to leave millions on the table... I can see why the owners would object.
    Your right he's not the only one but he's one of the owners holding this thing up. As far as the rest of your post goes, I agree 100%. I've been one of the few that's defended the owners in this lockout (I don't feel it's 100% on them but they are not squeaky clean either).

First Milk Crates, Now Water Bottles.....Nothing is Safe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OneManIsNoMan View Post
    Your right he's not the only one but he's one of the owners holding this thing up. As far as the rest of your post goes, I agree 100%. I've been one of the few that's defended the owners in this lockout (I don't feel it's 100% on them but they are not squeaky clean either).
    Definitely I think the owners need to budge a little bit, but I feel like they've already come to terms with having no season. I think the richer owners are going in with the attitude that, they have money and most likely a few other sources of income, they're in the drivers seat because with no nhl they're only making one less income... No nhl for the players means no job or relocating to Europe, which I don't think many want to do

vCash
    if only one of us had won the huge powerball a few weeks ago and we couldve bought the bruins... assuming jacobs would sell.

time to stop sniffing glue and get back to work

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hurtswhenipee View Post
    if only one of us had won the huge powerball a few weeks ago and we couldve bought the bruins... assuming jacobs would sell.

time to stop sniffing glue and get back to work
    Or instead let's all blow all our money of scratch tickets and powerball tickets..... Were bound to win eventually