Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Auburn Goes with Malzahn.

Solid hire IMO. Petrino could have been better...

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    More Kristi Malzahn interviews? More Kristi Malzahn interviews!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMqUa...ature=youtu.be
    Dat ***** cray

I imagine Auburn fans are pretty pissed. Probably could have gotten a better coach than this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Dat ***** cray

I imagine Auburn fans are pretty pissed. Probably could have gotten a better coach than this.
    I doubt this will start a riot at the airport though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish1314 View Post
    I doubt this will start a riot at the airport though.
    Maybe not. I'm sure they wanted a bigger fish than this, though. They've made two underwhelming HC hires in a row now.

vCash
    I think AU fans will be OK with this eventually. Malzahn's offense was putting up points with Chris Todd as their QB.

vCash
    The transition should be fairly smooth since most of Auburn's offensive players were recruited to play under Malzahn's offense anyway. I think it could be a really good hire, but I have a hard time believing that they will be in the upper-echelon of the SEC.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Gus Malzahn has had nothing but success through multiple high school and college teams.... They could have done worse. But they also could have done better....

This move immediately boosts their recruiting at least on the offensive side of the ball.

vCash
    I hope Malzahn does well...his high school teams in Springdale were a lot of fun to watch and I always thought he got a raw deal when he was an Assistant at Arkansas (Houston Nutt kinda ran him out of town after 1 year). Good luck to him, but it seems like kind of an underwhelming hire for a team that's only 2 years removed from a National Championship.

vCash
    I think it is a good hire for Auburn. Some of you may be forgetting that some coaches where probably hesitate to take the job at Auburn because of the NCAA investigations.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I hope Malzahn does well...his high school teams in Springdale were a lot of fun to watch and I always thought he got a raw deal when he was an Assistant at Arkansas (Houston Nutt kinda ran him out of town after 1 year). Good luck to him, but it seems like kind of an underwhelming hire for a team that's only 2 years removed from a National Championship.
    Auburn may only be 2 years removed from the NC, but they plummetted towards the bottom of the SEC, plus they got embarrased by Alabama.

"The Tigers endured the worst slide within two years of winning a national championship of any team since the Associated Press poll started in 1936 and hadn't lost this many games since going 0-10 in 1950."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    I think it is a good hire for Auburn. Some of you may be forgetting that some coaches where probably hesitate to take the job at Auburn because of the NCAA investigations.
    I agree. Malzahn has done nothing but have successful and build good offenses.

vCash
    Finished 114th in Points Scored this season, that's bound to improve with Malzahn calling the shots. Their issue is on defense. 14th in Points Allowed in Turberville's final season, but since then: 79th, 53rd, 79th, and 65th in the country.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    Finished 114th in Points Scored this season, that's bound to improve with Malzahn calling the shots. Their issue is on defense. 14th in Points Allowed in Turberville's final season, but since then: 79th, 53rd, 79th, and 65th in the country.
    The offense being able to stay on the field and not play from behind will help those defensive numbers a bit. Some success and more interesting play may draw recruits.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    The offense being able to stay on the field and not play from behind will help those defensive numbers a bit. Some success and more interesting play may draw recruits.
    I agree. Auburn has the same recruiting grounds as the other SEC teams and some of those 4 and 5 star players are not going to want to go to teams with a lot of depth for fear of being a benchwarmer instead of a starter. It will be interesting to see who Malzahn gets for his defensive coordinator. That could be additional draw.
    Last edited by Wingman; 12-05-2012 at 06:45 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast