Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

A's acquire Zobrist & Escobar for Jaso, Robertson & Powell

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/0...l-escobar.html

Tough to lose Robertson after losing Russell last season, but Zobrist is a great player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allphakenny1 View Post
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/0...l-escobar.html

Tough to lose Robertson after losing Russell last season, but Zobrist is a great player.
    Brand new infield for Oakland.

They will get more production out of Zobrist/Lawerie/Escobar than they did Donaldson.

If they can get a power hitting 1B that infield will be great

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ruckus16969 View Post
    Brand new infield for Oakland.

They will get more production out of Zobrist/Lawerie/Escobar than they did Donaldson.

If they can get a power hitting 1B that infield will be great
    We have Ike Davis and Billy butler, i think were fine there

vCash
    I like the new IF as well. So many combinations possible. Big time SP depth. Great speed and OF defense. The A's should contend again.

vCash
    This is one of the worst trades in Oakland history. Zobrist is not a great player and he is a FA in 2016. Escobar is also old. He just gave up the best prospect in our system who is as SS after he did the same thing last year. Now I think Beane has lost his mind. Zobrist and Escobar are both old, below average offensive players at this point in their career. We just gave up our best prospect. That is freakin hard to believe. Unreal.

Beane needs to be removed. He's officially incompetent.

vCash
    If the team does not contend, Zobrist can be flipped pretty easily at the trade deadline to recoup the prospects given up. If they do contend they they can offer him a contract and when he goes somewhere else the A's would get a comp pick to soften the blow for losing Robertson.

vCash
    Love the crying and whimpering over a prospect who may or may not ever help the big league team. We needed infielders and he went and got them......for a single a player that could just as easily not ever make the show.

Some need to just stop hating
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

I'm just here so I won't get fined boss
    Marshawn Lynch #24

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ingraywetrust View Post
    This is one of the worst trades in Oakland history. Zobrist is not a great player and he is a FA in 2016. Escobar is also old. He just gave up the best prospect in our system who is as SS after he did the same thing last year. Now I think Beane has lost his mind. Zobrist and Escobar are both old, below average offensive players at this point in their career. We just gave up our best prospect. That is freakin hard to believe. Unreal.

This has to be a dupe account from some Giants fan BB hater or someone who has zero A's baseball history.

Three all star pitchers one off season not long ago, remember that one? How about the recent Donaldson deal?

Worst trade in history?? GTFO with that hater.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government, owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to dissolve the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.-Theodore Roosevelt

Marshawn Lynch #24

9. 01-11-2015, 01:11 PM
    Reason
    Trolling - SFrush90

vCash

You have to be joking. The best prospect in the system by default, Robertson still, isn't that great of a prospect and doesn't have a very high ceiling. Zobrist is just 33, has an excellent track record of health, and is most definitely not a below average hitter. Zobrist is in fact well above average. His numbers take a hit due to the pitchers park he's spent his career in. His offense has been above average by at least 15% every year since 2010. He has put up a WAR over 5 each of the past 4 seasons, and 5 of the past 6. Only 4 players have amassed more WAR over the past 4 seasons. Zobrist is a fantastic player, and the fact that he can play all over the field is extremely valuable. Billy Beane needs to be removed? Even though his teams have made a playoff appearance in about half of his seasons. Get out of here, Millertime.
    Last edited by Cheezombie; 01-12-2015 at 11:03 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy West View Post
    This has to be a dupe account from some Giants fan BB hater or someone who has zero A's baseball history.

Three all star pitchers one off season not long ago, remember that one? How about the recent Donaldson deal?

Worst trade in history?? GTFO with that hater.
    It's a guy that has been trolling this page for the past few seasons. We know him as Millertime. He's been banned at least half a dozen times, keeps making new accounts.

vCash
    IF last season: Donaldson, Lowrie, Sogard/Punto, Moss/Vogt/Barton
    IF this season: Lawrie, Escobar/Semien, Zobrist/Sogard, Davis/Butler

2014 OPS by position:

3B: .792(fantastic)
    SS: .666(meh)
    2B: .579(ew)
    1B: .684(gross)
    Also...
    DH: .637(whyyy)

The IF was pretty poor offensively overall. 2B massive improvement for sure, 3B downgraded, 1B most likely improves, SS probably provides at least that production..

Davis career numbers vs righties: .813
    Butler career vs lefties: .912
    Last edited by Cheezombie; 01-12-2015 at 11:27 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezombie View Post
    It's a guy that has been trolling this page for the past few seasons. We know him as Millertime. He's been banned at least half a dozen times, keeps making new accounts.
    Thanks for the heads up Cheezombie

Marshawn Lynch #24

vCash

I know this guy is a Troller, but just to prove what an idiot he is, this article literally just appeared on ESPN today.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/po...nderrated-team

"Captain" of the all under-rated team ------ Big Ben

vCash
    I liked the Beane needs to be removed part.........some folks forget he is now also part owner of that franchise

Marshawn Lynch #24

vCash
    Well Escobar did not last long! Welcome to the team Tyler Clippard, but for how long?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast