Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Ha! I'm a PR man, not a math whiz!

LOL but good job!
    Alright agent does your client do a 2 year extension for 25 mil plus 10 million team option with a 3 million buyout.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    He said he's a PR guy, so he knows how to spin it, not how to calculate it.
    Scarecrow: I haven't got a brain... only straw.
    Dorothy: How can you talk if you haven't got a brain?
    Scarecrow: I don't know... But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?
    Dorothy: Yes, I guess you're right.

vCash
    Ok, going forward, as the Bishop of the C of D, I am now assuming the role of RA Dickey's PSD Agent.

No, this offer won't work.

He already has $5 million coming to him. So in essence you're asking him to sign for 3 years, $26 million.

Cy Young Award winners don't sign 3 year contracts for 8 mill per.

Consider your offer RE-JECTED!
    Isn't he just asking for a 2 year extension for $26 million? Which would be the same money over the 3 years, my way they pay him more up front when his value will be the highest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    Alright agent does your client do a 2 year extension for 25 mil plus 10 million team option with a 3 million buyout.
    No. Because in essence, you're paying him 35 million over 3 years, or 40 over 4 if you count this year.

Sorry but RA Dickey has to sign for a lot more than what they're paying Angel Pagan.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Metsfan1963 View Post
    Isn't he just asking for a 2 year extension for $26 million? Which would be the same money over the 3 years, my way they pay him more up front when his value will be the highest.
    LOL, well, I wasn't his agent when those numbers came up. If i was I'd tell him he was nuts to agree to that.

If those numbers accurately represent Dickey's demands, and maybe they do, I'm sure the Mets will agree to it if they cannot get the deal they want with another team. Sandy is playing it smart for buying time.

But all the reports in the press about disappointment because of this or that are just ridiculous.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    And that's why you are beloved here on PSD.
    You are one of the few who can laugh at himself.
    And all this time i thought it was my sheer brilliance and wit.

Sigh.

vCash
    And all this time i thought it was my sheer brilliance and wit.

Sigh.
    It is believed that it takes a brilliant man to admit his own short comings.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    It is believed that it takes a brilliant man to admit his own short comings.
    That or a man with a lot of shortcomings.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122