Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast
    vCash
    Any word about a no-trade clause if they lock him up for 3 years?
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

vCash
    If the Mets decide to keep Dickey, and not spend any real money on anyone else, could they rip up this year's $5 million deal and give him his 3 years $31 million this way?

2013 $13 million, 2014 $13 million, and 2015 $5.0 million.

You have to figure there no real reason to believe he can't still be good for two more years, and at the going rate for starting pitchers, he still be a bargain for those first two years, and then if he drops off in year three he's "only" making $5 million.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Metsfan1963 View Post
    If the Mets decide to keep Dickey, and not spend any real money on anyone else, could they rip up this year's $5 million deal and give him his 3 years $31 million this way?

2013 $13 million, 2014 $13 million, and 2015 $5.0 million.

You have to figure there no real reason to believe he can't still be good for two more years, and at the going rate for starting pitchers, he still be a bargain for those first two years, and then if he drops off in year three he's "only" making $5 million.
    Ok, going forward, as the Bishop of the C of D, I am now assuming the role of RA Dickey's PSD Agent.

No, this offer won't work.

He already has $5 million coming to him. So in essence you're asking him to sign for 3 years, $26 million.

Cy Young Award winners don't sign 3 year contracts for 8 mill per.

Consider your offer RE-JECTED!
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal reports that "all signs point" to the Mets trading R.A. Dickey.
    The Mets appear firm in their stance of refusing to give Dickey the reasonable two-year, $26 million extension he's asking for. That, combined with Dickey voicing his displeasure recently in public about how the talks are going, has made a trade of the knuckleballer much likelier. Rosenthal notes that the Rangers are "still in the mix," but there are surely other clubs that will get in on the action.
    Take it for what it's worth....

Really don't understand the Mets side on this (ownership I mean).... mind boggling.

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Ok, going forward, as the Bishop of the C of D, I am now assuming the role of RA Dickey's PSD Agent.

He already has $5 million coming to him. So in essence you're asking him to sign for 3 years, $26 million.

No its not. He'd still be getting the exact amount of money.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    No its not. He'd still be getting the exact amount of money.
    Exact amount of money compared to what? He's due $5 million in 2013 and nothing in 2014 and beyond. You don't get to deduct the $5 million you already owe him from what you want to pay him in 2014-15.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    Exact amount of money compared to what? He's due $5 million in 2013 and nothing in 2014 and beyond. You don't get to deduct the $5 million you already owe him from what you want to pay him in 2014-15.
    He wants 2/$26M. By giving him 3/$31M and tearing up the option, he is getting the exact same amount of money, only sooner.

vCash
    He wants 2/$26M. By giving him 3/$31M and tearing up the option, he is getting the exact same amount of money, only sooner.
    And yet... the Mets STILL won't even give him that.

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash
    I'd have to hear it from the his own mouth that he wants a $2/26 extension after playing out his $5 million contract this year.

As his agent, i would advise against it.

That said, if those demands are real, I'm sure the Mets will agree to them by the end of Spring Training if they can't make the deal they want.

But if I were really his agent, I'd tell him he was nuts to sign for that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    And yet... the Mets STILL won't even give him that.
    Again, in all fairness, the Mets have time on their side. It's December 14. The Mets have until March 31 to extend him.

That's three-and-a-half months by my math.

vCash
    Again, in all fairness, the Mets have time on their side. It's December 14. The Mets have until March 31 to extend him.

That's three-and-a-half months by my math.
    Yep no arguments here - but the thing is, if they REALLY wanted to extend him they would have done so by now.

Seems like they want to deal him, and they just are waiting for some team to pay through the nose to get him. IMO, they don't have any real interest in extending him and the longer they wait, the more other teams will look around at their options and go another direction.

Had to be done! Go T-Rex

vCash

Get your Math Right PSD Agent!

That 8.33333333333333 and .33 cents

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StayOnBoard View Post
    Yep no arguments here - but the thing is, if they REALLY wanted to extend him they would have done so by now.

Seems like they want to deal him, and they just are waiting for some team to pay through the nose to get him. IMO, they don't have any real interest in extending him and the longer they wait, the more other teams will look around at their options and go another direction.
    To play devil's advocate, if some team is willing to "pay through the nose," maybe it's best to trade him.

That's why you wait.

Personally, i don't think the dream deal is out there. Personally, I think one of two things is going to happen. They're gong to make a less-than-stellar deal or they'll just let him play out his option and collect compensation draft picks when he signs as a free agent elsewhere, a la Jose Reyes.

But until that actually happens I'm willing to give Sandy and friends the benefit of the doubt. Talk to me on March 31.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    Get your Math Right PSD Agent!

That 8.33333333333333 and .33 cents
    Ha! I'm a PR man, not a math whiz!

LOL but good job!

vCash
    Ha! I'm a PR man, not a math whiz!

LOL but good job!
    And that's why you are beloved here on PSD.
    You are one of the few who can laugh at himself.

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast