Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I'd consider sacnhez or noah + gose + jp tbh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by acerimusdux View Post
    I love D'Arnaud. I don't see making any deals with Toronto without D'Arnaud (for any of Dickey, Niese or Mejia). But any package that includes D'Arnaud probably wins.
    Yup, which is why we won't get him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by acerimusdux View Post
    I love D'Arnaud. I don't see making any deals with Toronto without D'Arnaud (for any of Dickey, Niese or Mejia). But any package that includes D'Arnaud probably wins.
    I think, D'Arnaud will eventually become a Matt Wieter type of player. Nothing wrong with that, solid backstop.

Where I see Olt becoming more of an Alex Gordon type of player eventually.

Both deals hinge on the 2nd component, the CFers. And from my perspective Martin will be a better everyday CFer than Gose.

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Yeah I was thinking of Alex Gordon when thinking of a comp for Olt. Only right-handed.

vCash
    NYPost_Mets: Misprint in Mets press release. Dickey going to dress as a "Pelf" tomorrow ... will wear #34 and surrender long homer.

Only the Mets.

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    Yeah I was thinking of Alex Gordon when thinking of a comp for Olt. Only right-handed.
    I don't like that comp at all. Gordon is a better hitter, and also plays good outfield defense.

Gordon for his minor league career hit .321/.438/.578. And was younger. He was 22 in the Texas League when he hit .325/.427/.588.

Olt for his minor league career has hit .282/.391/.521, and at 23 in the Texas League hit .288/.398/.579.

And just for the hell of it, Lucas Duda in his minor league career hit .284/.380/.469 and in AA at ages 23/24 hit .282/.389/.450.

So I think Olt is somewhere between Duda and Gordon. A more realistic comp might be Ryan Ludwick, who hit .269/.356/.503 in the Texas League as a 22 year old.

vCash
    Would Josh Willingham be a better comp, I know he was older when he played at the comparative leagues and produced higher numbers.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    NYPost_Mets: Misprint in Mets press release. Dickey going to dress as a "Pelf" tomorrow ... will wear #34 and surrender long homer.

Only the Mets.

We'll Leave a Light On For You

Believers: mets77, JoeGamer81, Harry777, YoungStuna, Sandman, METMANYAK, FoC, Gotta, WrigheyesMVP, Mr. Koobs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    Would Josh Willingham be a better comp, I know he was older when he played at the comparative leagues and produced higher numbers.
    Thats prob a fair comparison.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio40 View Post
    Thats prob a fair comparison.
    Yeah Willingham might be pretty close. I think he might have even less defensive range than Willingham, who actual stole 24 bases as a 22-year old, and 18 as a 23-year old. And Willingham is about a -5 corner outfielder defensively.

So I think an optimistic ceiling is an average regular 2.5 WAR guy as a corner OF, but maybe 4.0+ as a 3B.

vCash
    JIM BOWDEN
    @JimBowdenESPNxm

According to a Mets source....the Mets have not spoken to R.A. Dickey's representatives since Thursday morning in Nashville #NoProgress

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boller4prez View Post
    JIM BOWDEN
    @JimBowdenESPNxm

According to a Mets source....the Mets have not spoken to R.A. Dickey's representatives since Thursday morning in Nashville #NoProgress
    It doesn't really matter...

There is no deadline for the Mets to re-sign Dickey, in fact i really wouldn't be surprised they let him play out his option this year till around the trade deadline and then possibly look to deal him then.

I know teams don't get the compensation pick in dealing for him (and then subsequently letting him walk in FA) but if he pitches similar to the way he did this year there will be a market for RA Dickey then too.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-10-2012 at 07:28 PM.

vCash
    I have a feeling they will not sign him and he will stay here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    It doesn't really matter...

There is no deadline for the Mets to re-sign Dickey, in fact i really wouldn't be surprised they let him play out his option this year till around the trade deadline and then possibly look to deal him then.

I know teams don't get the compensation pick in dealing for him (and then subsequently letting him walk in FA) but if he pitches similar to the way he did this year there will be a market for RA Dickey then too.
    There kinda is a deadline though because he said he wont have any discussions with the Mets about a extension during the season.

You have to either trade him now or give him an extension. Look what we did with Reyes...our farm could be tops in baseball right now had we traded Reyes when we had the chance.

But we couldnt at the deadline because we were still in the playoff race and that can very well happen again this year which would make it impossible to deal Dickey (fans reaction would be devastated)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradHolt4CYoung View Post
    There kinda is a deadline though because he said he wont have any discussions with the Mets about a extension during the season.

You have to either trade him now or give him an extension. Look what we did with Reyes...our farm could be tops in baseball right now had we traded Reyes when we had the chance.

But we couldnt at the deadline because we were still in the playoff race and that can very well happen again this year which would make it impossible to deal Dickey (fans reaction would be devastated)
    That's not true, there will be a market for Dickey at the deadline next year.

Unless you expect serious regression from Dickey this year, i certainly don't.

His peripherals shouldn't backtrack much and that should allow the Mets the ability to deal him.

As for the playoff race, i think Met fans are smart enough to realize now the first half of the season is pretty irrelevant in making a judgment call about this team. They put up a good showing last year but with no OF, no bullpen, no catcher, and little positional depth but it's smoke and mirrors for the most part till they make improvements in those areas.

They can hold water only for so long unless some of these major issues are fixed and considering not much fixing will be done this offseason i really don't see how anyone could buy this team with an over .500 record till August at the earliest.

Dealing a 38 year old pitcher is a different circumstance than dealing a 28 year old SS.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-10-2012 at 07:56 PM.

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast