Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    vCash
    This is what I don't get.

If you are trying to shop the guy why would you give into his demands? Just because on the outside it looks like we are only offering X amount of dollars doesn't mean that is all we are willing to pay.

We made an offer of 2/20. Then he made a counter offer. That is all that has happened. After that we have been trying to shop him. Is it because of his demands? Who knows. However what we do know is weather he was looking for 1 dollar or 20 million dollars he was going to get shopped around.

And all the reports indicate the Rangers have no problem forking over top prospects for him. People over pay every year for premium positions regardless of the circumstances. Just because it doesn't look like we want to give Dickey 45 million dollars means no other team will trade for him and resign him?

Give me a break.

vCash
    The bottom line with me is that Dickey cannot stay a Met and have no contract extension, I don't care when it gets done as long as it gets done before the season. The last thing you want is for him to play the season out have another good year and leave the Mets because another team will surely outbid them and again just get draft picks for him.

vCash
    I really don't like the fact that everything just seemed to stop. I have a feeling nothing gets done for a long time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    I really don't like the fact that everything just seemed to stop. I have a feeling nothing gets done for a long time.
    The reports before the winter meetings had Grienke signing during the winter meetings and that would jump start the SP market. That didn't happen so no one is going to trade top prospects for Dickey while they are trying to sign Grienke. Once he signs with the Angles, Rangers, or Dodgers we will know who is in play.

vCash
    The mets r not going to give dickey a contract while looking at trading him. It just wouldn't make sense. We all said they will look at trades first then if they don't find exactly what they're looking for then they will sign him for more then they r offering now. U guys just need to wait this thing out. As far as wins i do believe in this case they matter. He won a lil more then 25 percent of the mets total wins. And did it by himself a lot of the time.
    if u like mixed martial arts check out the psd mma forum

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    The mets r not going to give dickey a contract while looking at trading him. It just wouldn't make sense. We all said they will look at trades first then if they don't find exactly what they're looking for then they will sign him for more then they r offering now. U guys just need to wait this thing out. As far as wins i do believe in this case they matter. He won a lil more then 25 percent of the mets total wins. And did it by himself a lot of the time.
    Exactly. Why would we give into his demands if we were going to try and trade him first.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    The bottom line with me is that Dickey cannot stay a Met and have no contract extension, I don't care when it gets done as long as it gets done before the season. The last thing you want is for him to play the season out have another good year and leave the Mets because another team will surely outbid them and again just get draft picks for him.
    Yeah I agree I'd like this to get over with b4 the season starts, if it doesnt how ever we would most def. get a lot of offers for him close to the trade deadline like we did with beltran to land wheeler, but its a risk after adding in potential injures during the season, and what not so I'd much rather go the safer route trade him or give him the extention b4 april.

vCash
    Yup, he could get injured, though Dickey has played through injuries the last 2 years and done great, but 3rd time could be the charm and he could missed significant time. Now that would lower his stock, but again I could still see another team outbidding the Mets for him.

vCash
    R.A. Dickey more likely to stay with Mets, but extension not assured

R.A. Dickey increasingly appears destined to remain with the Mets next season, though how long the union will last remains unclear.

Even with the Mets having trade options in hand, a person familiar with the situation said Friday that there is a growing sense that they will pass because the prospective deals aren't good enough to move the reigning Cy Young Award winner. This represents a shift in thinking from the winter meetings, when trading Dickey looked just as likely as retaining him.

But the person said there's no guarantee that staying with the Mets would come with a contract extension past 2013 for Dickey, creating a less-than-ideal situation for both sides. A source with knowledge of the team's thinking insisted, "All options are still open.''

The scenario could change when the free-agent and trade markets break free from a virtual standstill after the winter meetings, as is expected. Any major movement, such as the signing of top free-agent pitcher Zack Greinke, might encourage potential suitors to sweeten their offers for Dickey.

In that case, the Mets again would be faced with a decision. But keeping him could have other consequences.

While Greinke is regarded as the best available pitcher on the market, Dickey stacks up favorably.

Among starters who have logged at least 500 innings in the last three seasons, Dickey ranks 10th in ERA (2.95). Of the starters still available on the market, he has been the most productive in the last three years when measured by advanced metrics such as adjusted ERA and wins above replacement.

Yet the Mets have been unwilling to meet his asking price, which according to a source is a two-year extension past 2013 worth roughly $25 million. The sides have established common ground on the length and structure of an extension, and according to the source, the Mets have given Dickey the flexibility to choose among several options. But the dollar value of the contract remains the sticking point.Dickey has held firm on his desire to not negotiate during the season.
    http://www.newsday.com/sports/baseba...ured-1.4306562

vCash
    It is truly pathetic that the Mets don't think he is worth that.

What craven men you are.

vCash
    He'll get that much eventually after the Mets stop shopping him.

vCash
    Again am not going to get worked up about what has been reported, but if the Mets do not trade him or give him an extension before the season starts, then is yet another idiotic Mets management decision. In the end the 2-3 extra million he is asking for a year should not be what stops the Mets from reaching a deal.

vCash
    Mike Petriello ‏@mike_petriello
    Have heard similar report to @ThatSportsGirl. Dodgers working on 6/150 for Grienke and its apparently closer than ever.
    Apparently he is a credible source. I hope the Rangers get super desperate.

vCash
    tim brown ‏@tbrownyahoo
    the dodgers appear to be closing in on signing zack greinke. Still some ground to be covered, but they're out in front.
    Gina Miller ‏@ThatSportsGirl
    Highly placed MLB source tells me the Dodgers are close to an agreement w/ Zach Greinke. This could change but signs point to LA. #dfwsp
    Gina Miller is out of Texas btw.

vCash
    Apparently Olt is not a good outfielder, so I don't know about how I feel about the Rangers getting involved. I'd take a Leonys Martin, Alfaro, Sardinas package or something maybe.

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast