Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 323
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    47,828
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metsrock229 View Post
    That was the point he was making... Season starts in 4 months
    Ok.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    47,828
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by clayamtion View Post
    They aren't giving up a year of control so he can break camp with the team.
    If we got him, he's be on the team in April, but lets get him first before we worry about that.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    25,256
    vCash
    1500

    Dickey seeking 3-yrs, $45M, agent wouldn’t be surprised if he’s traded

    Oh he probably play in April, just won't break camp with the Mets.


    “Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Heart of Long Island
    Posts
    7,349
    vCash
    1500
    He has every right to request that. He's better than Pettite, Guthrie, Haren, and every other pitcher that signed a big contract so far.

    Goodbye Robert Allen.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,025
    vCash
    1500
    It's more than reasonable and I would assume most teams would have no problem signing him for that. Only reason I support trading him is because if this is all he is demanding then a trade with a negotiation window for the team that acquires him will be easy to get done. We could get a huge haul for a front-line starter under contract for 3 years at below market value.

    If it turns out we can't get a huge haul for him then I would hope we re-sign him. If we trade him and all we get back is a mediocre prospect like Dee Gordon or the catchers in Toronto living off previous hype I will be very disappointed.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    10,400
    vCash
    1500
    4-5 years ago the guy is making $500K. Now he is talking about $15 mil a year.

    You gotta love baseball.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    868
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    4-5 years ago the guy is making $500K. Now he is talking about $15 mil a year.

    You gotta love baseball.
    and around this time last year, the Mets were considering non-tendering Angel Pagan...but instead traded him...and he just signed for a mind-blowing 4 years and $40 Mil with the Giants...

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    14,898
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by vtmet View Post
    and around this time last year, the Mets were considering non-tendering Angel Pagan...but instead traded him...and he just signed for a mind-blowing 4 years and $40 Mil with the Giants...
    They are paying Angel Pagan $10m/per? LMFAO HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA that is HILARIOUS!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by NYG+Braves
    Im a Braves fan and im scared to face Harvey way more then Strasburgh. Lol strasburgh dont scare me at all compared to Harvey.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    29,152
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by StoicSentry View Post
    They are paying Angel Pagan $10m/per? LMFAO HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA that is HILARIOUS!!!!!!
    I always liked Pagan but geez, $10 mill a season for four seasons?

    This is just absurd. Remember when we got him off the scrap heap from the Cubs in 07? Could anyone in their wildest imagination have thought that in six years he'd be a $40 million player?

    Geez.
    FELLOW SATINISTS INCLUDE:
    FoC, YS, Harry, Zmaster, Gotta, ArkansasMetsFan, KingsnQueens7, The-rock-man, Wrigheyes4MVP, Vendetta, Jim Labruno


  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    10,400
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    I always liked Pagan but geez, $10 mill a season for four seasons?

    This is just absurd. Remember when we got him off the scrap heap from the Cubs in 07? Could anyone in their wildest imagination have thought that in six years he'd be a $40 million player?

    Geez.
    Same with the Dickster…and he was on a bigger scrap heap.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    14,898
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    I always liked Pagan but geez, $10 mill a season for four seasons?

    This is just absurd. Remember when we got him off the scrap heap from the Cubs in 07? Could anyone in their wildest imagination have thought that in six years he'd be a $40 million player?

    Geez.
    Yeah, but he's really not though. I mean, obviously, he's not a 10m/per kind of guy... lol, obviously.

    That figure scares the crud out of me though if other guys are going to be basing their expectations on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by NYG+Braves
    Im a Braves fan and im scared to face Harvey way more then Strasburgh. Lol strasburgh dont scare me at all compared to Harvey.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    14,898
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jomota48 View Post
    Same with the Dickster…and he was on a bigger scrap heap.
    Let us all agree never to mention these two in one thought ever, ever again.

    Starting... NOW!
    Quote Originally Posted by NYG+Braves
    Im a Braves fan and im scared to face Harvey way more then Strasburgh. Lol strasburgh dont scare me at all compared to Harvey.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    75,349
    vCash
    1500
    Based on the fact that in 2 of the last 3 years Pagan has posted WAR of 10.2 combined in 2010 and 2012 you can safely argue that he was worth that money specially since he plays CF. The problem is that in between he had a year in which he posted a WAR of .9, so the question is will he be the 2010/2012 guy or the 2011 guy?

    What points in the positive direction is that in 2009 he posted a WAR of 2.9 in 2/3 of a year or so, so over a full year he was on pace to have a 4.5 WAR or so, so Pagan over the last 4 years has been very productive.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    14,898
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Based on the fact that in 2 of the last 3 years Pagan has posted WAR of 10.2 combined in 2010 and 2012 you can safely argue that he was worth that money specially since he plays CF. The problem is that in between he had a year in which he posted a WAR of .9, so the question is will he be the 2010/2012 guy or the 2011 guy?

    What points in the positive direction is that in 2009 he posted a WAR of 2.9 in 2/3 of a year or so, so over a full year he was on pace to have a 4.5 WAR or so, so Pagan over the last 4 years has been very productive.
    With his mental makeup, with his inconsistency, with his age and with much of his game being focused around speed... is he worth 10m/per? I don't think so, man.
    Quote Originally Posted by NYG+Braves
    Im a Braves fan and im scared to face Harvey way more then Strasburgh. Lol strasburgh dont scare me at all compared to Harvey.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    209
    vCash
    1500
    What about Dickey and Duda to the Jays for Gose and D'Arnaud?

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •