Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    Good guy Andre.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by corytwotimes View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks this is a joke??? Look at all of you commending this "millionaire" for how great a man he is, when 19k to Andre Johnson is the equivalent of me giving like 20 bucks.....I bet he still rides around in a Bentley, has millions worth of jewelery, and a house that could fit hundreds of people. This guy probably has a wrist watch worth 19k....I never understood when people think things like this are so great?!?!?!
    Did you give $20?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D_Rose1118 View Post
    regardless he did and didnt not make a scene, he just wanted to make the kids happy
    Yep Andre, who is clearly a drama queen that wants the cameras on him, did it just for the publicity.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    dropping off gifts and "bouncing like batman" definitely shows you care.
    Quote Originally Posted by D_Rose1118 View Post
    regardless he did and didnt not make a scene, he just wanted to make the kids happy
    I don't think you got the point of mikes post. He brought all of the gifts and wanted to hang out bc it was the right thing to do. Not to get a bunch of media attention by getting pictures and stuff.

vCash
    Thats awesome! I think that's the most money I have seen an athlete drop on something like this

vCash
    I love reading these kind of articles, I just wish NFL.com felt the same. It's a shame we'll probably never hear about this on NFL.com (even in the smallest of places on the site), but if Andre got a 10 mph speeding ticket it'd make breaking news.

I do agree that the pic kinda makes it look like he's wanting acknowledgement, but that's not what matters.

Quote Originally Posted by ClearSoulForce View Post
    Did you donate 19k? Would you give a 50 dollar bill to a homeless man on the streets? Odds are you wouldn't.
    I wouldn't give a homeless man on the streets a dime 90% of the time. And I'm a fairly charitable person. I don't know how things are where you're from, but in my area there's three types of homeless people: crazies who just want it so they can buy booze and continue not working and sleeping in a tent, crazies who claim to be a veteran but fail to realize there are programs to help homeless veterans, and morons who've been "homeless" for a day and are already begging for weed money. I'm not saying giving money to the homeless is bad, but it's certainly risking your money.

As far as kids go, that's a completely different story.

Quote Originally Posted by tmacsc2 View Post
    Thats awesome! I think that's the most money I have seen an athlete drop on something like this
    Believe it or not I've seen a few this year. I don't know if you already do it, but usually if you read your favorite team's newspaper/website you'll hear more about it.

As far as Panther players go: Steve Smith has had numerous charities throughout Charlotte that have always been huge. His most recent one he washed the feet of underprivileged people (maybe just kids, don't remember) and gave away something like 50,000 pairs of shoes.

DeAngelo Williams had a charity that helped pay for breast cancer victims medical bills.

And most recently, Cam Newton's charity gave $150k to three Charlotte schools.

I'm sure there's tons more of players all over the league that just don't get that much attention.

vCash
    I once gave pizza and a bottle of water to a homeless guy. He refused a pic tho so I have no proof.

vCash
    Besides being a great athlete he is a wondeful person. Bless you Andre Johnson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bosox3431 View Post
    I once gave pizza and a bottle of water to a homeless guy. He refused a pic tho so I have no proof.
    I gave a bum some change on the highway. Granted it was only a handful and I threw it at him at 75 MPH from a convertible but still. It counts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seppuku View Post
    Hear ye, hear ye! Bring forth the possibly real and possibly imaginary poll.

Oops, I wasn't bull****ting.

vCash
    Variation of an old joke.
    Q: What's better than having someone drop off $19,000 worth of toys for you in CPS?
    A: Not being in CPS

Sorry for the bad joke

vCash
    First he punches Cortland Finnegan, next he gives gifts to kids? This man is truly a saint.

vCash
    Wow that's a lot of toys ...very classy

steal of the draft cleanthony early

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C-ross12 View Post
    First he punches Cortland Finnegan, next he gives gifts to kids? This man is truly a saint.
    What NFL player wouldn't want to punch Cortland Finnegan?

Great gesture and actually spent time with the kids.

Presenting the 2013 New York Mets Outfield.

vCash
    boss

"Last year, we earned respect, but this year we want fear. We want quarterbacks to fear us, and we want offensive lines to fear us." --Ndamokung Suh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by corytwotimes View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks this is a joke??? Look at all of you commending this "millionaire" for how great a man he is, when 19k to Andre Johnson is the equivalent of me giving like 20 bucks.....I bet he still rides around in a Bentley, has millions worth of jewelery, and a house that could fit hundreds of people. This guy probably has a wrist watch worth 19k....I never understood when people think things like this are so great?!?!?!
    Soo would u rather him not spend 19 K for the kids?? lol seriously what a stupid comment.

Props to NoFunLeague

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast