Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 70
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    887
    vCash
    1500
    the way he does it is more impressive, IMO.

    he takes like 12 kids to a toys-r-us and gives them 80 seconds to throw whatever they want in a cart.

    think about how much fun that's gotta be for these kids.

    incredible story. love me some andre. wish more athletes would do this.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    419
    vCash
    1500
    this is the one athlete that makes it rain the correct way

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Fayetteville, North Carolina
    Posts
    151
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by P Styles View Post
    There are many athletes who give nothing. So while it doesn't hurt his overall wealth, it is still a phenomenal gesture.
    Ok....So when I get off work, I'm going to go to Wal-Mart, pick a random kid, and give him 20 bucks to go buy something, will that be considered "phenomenal"?

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Fayetteville, North Carolina
    Posts
    151
    vCash
    1500
    He gave those kids some crumbs of his footlong sub, GTFOH

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    4,243
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by corytwotimes View Post
    He gave those kids some crumbs of his footlong sub, GTFOH
    u mad br0?

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    ****ing Bruges
    Posts
    35,136
    vCash
    1500
    Solid guy

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Salem, Virginia
    Posts
    26,397
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by corytwotimes View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks this is a joke??? Look at all of you commending this "millionaire" for how great a man he is, when 19k to Andre Johnson is the equivalent of me giving like 20 bucks.....I bet he still rides around in a Bentley, has millions worth of jewelery, and a house that could fit hundreds of people. This guy probably has a wrist watch worth 19k....I never understood when people think things like this are so great?!?!?!
    $19,000 is a significant amount of money no matter how much he makes. It's even more significant to the kids.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    42,713
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsFan_1 View Post
    $19,000 is a significant amount of money no matter how much he makes. It's even more significant to the kids.
    Which is actually the only thing that really matters.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

    To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,126
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by corytwotimes View Post
    Ok....So when I get off work, I'm going to go to Wal-Mart, pick a random kid, and give him 20 bucks to go buy something, will that be considered "phenomenal"?
    For one, you'd never give a random kid 20 bucks so quiet down. And for two, would you rather him not give anything? Plus he does it every year, can't remember how many years he's done it, but it's been consistent so that 19k adds up. Quit hating on the man.
    Texans Time is here!

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    H-Town/The Burgh
    Posts
    13,372
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by corytwotimes View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks this is a joke??? Look at all of you commending this "millionaire" for how great a man he is, when 19k to Andre Johnson is the equivalent of me giving like 20 bucks.....I bet he still rides around in a Bentley, has millions worth of jewelery, and a house that could fit hundreds of people. This guy probably has a wrist watch worth 19k....I never understood when people think things like this are so great?!?!?!
    He's not that type of dude.

    Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    3,973
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by P Styles View Post
    There are many athletes who give nothing. So while it doesn't hurt his overall wealth, it is still a phenomenal gesture.
    This. Not one of those kids are going to care how much money he has, they will care he spent some on them and he didn't have to.
    <Meaning and Content>

    ...And did you see that Giroux goal?

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The O.C.
    Posts
    7,295
    vCash
    1500
    That's really nice of him

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Kitchener, Ontario
    Posts
    628
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by crzyhawk View Post
    This. Not one of those kids are going to care how much money he has, they will care he spent some on them and he didn't have to.
    completely agree


    and god how fun would it be one of kids that was given the chance for a free for all load your cart up with whatever you want at a toy store spree.... Its alot better than writing up a cheque and dropping it off imo


    good for him, cant beleive some people are trying to spin this out of spite that they dont have the type of $$$ to do good gestures like this

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    9,659
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsFan_1 View Post
    $19,000 is a significant amount of money no matter how much he makes. It's even more significant to the kids.
    Winner!
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    58,564
    vCash
    1500
    he does this every year. While I love acknowledging athletes that give to charity, so many of them do it, I feel its almost an injustice to point out only a few. Besides, its a tax write off, why the hell wouldn't you do it if you made millions? You not only get to keep some of that cash the govt wants, you get made to look like a charitable person. win-win

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •