Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    the way he does it is more impressive, IMO.

he takes like 12 kids to a toys-r-us and gives them 80 seconds to throw whatever they want in a cart.

think about how much fun that's gotta be for these kids.

incredible story. love me some andre. wish more athletes would do this.

vCash
    this is the one athlete that makes it rain the correct way

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by P Styles View Post
    There are many athletes who give nothing. So while it doesn't hurt his overall wealth, it is still a phenomenal gesture.
    Ok....So when I get off work, I'm going to go to Wal-Mart, pick a random kid, and give him 20 bucks to go buy something, will that be considered "phenomenal"?

vCash
    He gave those kids some crumbs of his footlong sub, GTFOH

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by corytwotimes View Post
    He gave those kids some crumbs of his footlong sub, GTFOH
    u mad br0?

vCash
    Solid guy

vCash
    Am I the only one who thinks this is a joke??? Look at all of you commending this "millionaire" for how great a man he is, when 19k to Andre Johnson is the equivalent of me giving like 20 bucks.....I bet he still rides around in a Bentley, has millions worth of jewelery, and a house that could fit hundreds of people. This guy probably has a wrist watch worth 19k....I never understood when people think things like this are so great?!?!?!
    $19,000 is a significant amount of money no matter how much he makes. It's even more significant to the kids.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsFan_1 View Post
    $19,000 is a significant amount of money no matter how much he makes. It's even more significant to the kids.
    Which is actually the only thing that really matters.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    Ok....So when I get off work, I'm going to go to Wal-Mart, pick a random kid, and give him 20 bucks to go buy something, will that be considered "phenomenal"?
    For one, you'd never give a random kid 20 bucks so quiet down. And for two, would you rather him not give anything? Plus he does it every year, can't remember how many years he's done it, but it's been consistent so that 19k adds up. Quit hating on the man.
    Texans Time is here!

vCash
    Am I the only one who thinks this is a joke??? Look at all of you commending this "millionaire" for how great a man he is, when 19k to Andre Johnson is the equivalent of me giving like 20 bucks.....I bet he still rides around in a Bentley, has millions worth of jewelery, and a house that could fit hundreds of people. This guy probably has a wrist watch worth 19k....I never understood when people think things like this are so great?!?!?!
    He's not that type of dude.

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by P Styles View Post
    There are many athletes who give nothing. So while it doesn't hurt his overall wealth, it is still a phenomenal gesture.
    This. Not one of those kids are going to care how much money he has, they will care he spent some on them and he didn't have to.
    <Meaning and Content>

...And did you see that Giroux goal?

vCash
    That's really nice of him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crzyhawk View Post
    This. Not one of those kids are going to care how much money he has, they will care he spent some on them and he didn't have to.
    completely agree

and god how fun would it be one of kids that was given the chance for a free for all load your cart up with whatever you want at a toy store spree.... Its alot better than writing up a cheque and dropping it off imo

good for him, cant beleive some people are trying to spin this out of spite that they dont have the type of $$$ to do good gestures like this

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BullsFan_1 View Post
    Winner!
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

vCash
    he does this every year. While I love acknowledging athletes that give to charity, so many of them do it, I feel its almost an injustice to point out only a few. Besides, its a tax write off, why the hell wouldn't you do it if you made millions? You not only get to keep some of that cash the govt wants, you get made to look like a charitable person. win-win

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast