Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Favorite Player

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Russell Wilson

    5 18.52%
  • Marshawn Lynch

    6 22.22%
  • Golden Tate

    0 0%
  • Richard Sherman

    9 33.33%
  • Earl Thomas

    5 18.52%
  • Red Bryant

    0 0%
  • Other

    2 7.41%
Page 107 of 293 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 4386

Thread: Around the NFL

  1. #1591
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    31,959
    vCash
    1490
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    Zero home field advantage? You're kidding. It's all the way across the damn country and Buffalo is the nearest NFL team. Just the fact that it isn't the Clink is an advantage for Buffalo.
    Yeah, it could even be bigger than in Buffalo. Toronto REALLY wants that team to move there.

    It's moot though. No way the Bills should win this one. Play ball control and field position on them and the hawks will crush 'em.

  2. #1592
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    845
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    Who thought a home division game was a trap?
    I'll admit it, I did.

  3. #1593
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    82
    vCash
    1500
    I'm excited to be going to this game, being a Hawks fan and living in Toronto doesn't afford me the most opportunities to go see them play.

    On the point about Toronto really wanting the Bills to move here, I think the people in Toronto that love the NFL want nothing to do with a team here. First off for the Bills in Toronto series, the cheapest tickets which are in the highest half of the 500 level are $95 a piece. It's basically a scam to make a ton of money, more often than not they have to give away tickets just to get a semi-full looking stadium, to look like its successful. Also they reduced the price of tickets this year by about 40% and the cheapest is STILL $95. Toronto fans are fickle when it comes to spots if the team is not doing well (with hockey being the exception). If the team is not doing well, the fans will not support them, and we all know how the Bills have been doing last few years, they won't get any support here.

    Also the SkyDome (now called Roger Center) is an AWFUL stadium to watch football in, they would need to build a new stadium to play in. BUT the biggest thing that would hurt a Toronto NFL team is there would be no tailgating, or at least crappier tailgating. Now some of you Americans may be able to correct me, but to me it seems like tailgating is an extraordinarily fun and time honored tradition on Sundays during the season. BBQing food and having some drinks with friends and other fans before the game. In the province of Ontario it's illegal to have open alcohol in a public area, basically you can only drink inside of a building or like on the fenced in patio of a bar. This would kill tailgating and eliminate at least part or most of the draw.

    Sorry bout the long post but basically, keep the Bills in Buffalo, it would be better for the fans and the team. Also GO HAWKS!

  4. #1594
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    31,959
    vCash
    1490
    You make great points. I was going based off some Toronto colleagues of mine and other friends in Canada who seem to want the team there.

  5. #1595
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    16,449
    vCash
    1200
    Unless a TE catches the ball in the end zone its pretty rare to see them break off a 50 yard TD.

    I hope McCoy continues to develop and make plays like he did on that huge reception he had those are the plays he usually drops the ball easy ones.

  6. #1596
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fife, WA
    Posts
    23,191
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BigStat$54 View Post
    I'm excited to be going to this game, being a Hawks fan and living in Toronto doesn't afford me the most opportunities to go see them play.

    On the point about Toronto really wanting the Bills to move here, I think the people in Toronto that love the NFL want nothing to do with a team here. First off for the Bills in Toronto series, the cheapest tickets which are in the highest half of the 500 level are $95 a piece. It's basically a scam to make a ton of money, more often than not they have to give away tickets just to get a semi-full looking stadium, to look like its successful. Also they reduced the price of tickets this year by about 40% and the cheapest is STILL $95. Toronto fans are fickle when it comes to spots if the team is not doing well (with hockey being the exception). If the team is not doing well, the fans will not support them, and we all know how the Bills have been doing last few years, they won't get any support here.

    Also the SkyDome (now called Roger Center) is an AWFUL stadium to watch football in, they would need to build a new stadium to play in. BUT the biggest thing that would hurt a Toronto NFL team is there would be no tailgating, or at least crappier tailgating. Now some of you Americans may be able to correct me, but to me it seems like tailgating is an extraordinarily fun and time honored tradition on Sundays during the season. BBQing food and having some drinks with friends and other fans before the game. In the province of Ontario it's illegal to have open alcohol in a public area, basically you can only drink inside of a building or like on the fenced in patio of a bar. This would kill tailgating and eliminate at least part or most of the draw.

    Sorry bout the long post but basically, keep the Bills in Buffalo, it would be better for the fans and the team. Also GO HAWKS!
    Rep the 12's baby!

  7. #1597
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    17,520
    vCash
    1150
    I'm going to be there, so stoked!!!

  8. #1598
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Oak Harbor, Wa
    Posts
    536
    vCash
    1500
    Let's hope WTIII repeats his last performance! Also Beast mode!

    Playstation 3 handle: Ryde4Life

  9. #1599
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Auburn/B'ham, WA
    Posts
    14,308
    vCash
    1500
    Fitzpatrick is gonna struggle baaaad. He throws lots of touchdowns and lots of interceptions. Good matchup for us.

    Spiller, however, is a terrible matchup for us.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs



  10. #1600
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    17,520
    vCash
    1150
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle4Ever View Post
    Fitzpatrick is gonna struggle baaaad. He throws lots of touchdowns and lots of interceptions. Good matchup for us.

    Spiller, however, is a terrible matchup for us.
    He scares the **** outa me, those type of backs either go for 150 or 15 on us.

  11. #1601
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    28,699
    vCash
    500
    I think we're going to win this game by a lot actually. I changed my mind. This team is starting to put it together, and I think the Miami game was an anomaly.

    Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

  12. #1602
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    3,051
    vCash
    1500
    Sherman's going to play, it seems. Hopefully, he wins his appeal. Otherwise, we're ****ed.

  13. #1603
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    28,699
    vCash
    500
    We can win without Sherman. It'll suck, but we're talented enough to win without them both.

    Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

  14. #1604
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    16,449
    vCash
    1200
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Yeah, it could even be bigger than in Buffalo. Toronto REALLY wants that team to move there.

    It's moot though. No way the Bills should win this one. Play ball control and field position on them and the hawks will crush 'em.
    That would be a disaster in my opinion the Bills really have no star power it would ware off quickly although maybe i could be wrong NFL does have star power and there contracts are owner friendly.

    I do love the fact that we get to play at 1PM though and not have an early game thats the main problem with east coast games our players are used to west coast time.
    Last edited by NateyB24; 12-12-2012 at 02:58 AM.

  15. #1605
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Linden NJ
    Posts
    20,079
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ztilzer31 View Post
    I just can't wait for us to sweep the next 3, San Fran to lose the next 2, and Green Bay to lose one of their next 3. Then we'll be a 2 seed, and Green Bay fans will lose their **** again.
    Omg I wonder what kind of hell we'd get as fans from that, on PSD
    Seattle Seahawks- New Orleans Pelicans- Atlanta Braves- Anaheim Ducks


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •