Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    This move makes zero sense to me. Bielma has no recruiting ties at all down south. I have a hard time seeing him succeed down there.

vCash
    btw, i hope they continue @BeingBielema. It's one of my favorite parody accounts.
    Last edited by haggis; 12-05-2012 at 11:51 AM.

vCash
    If Bielema can get a wife like that it gives me hope.

vCash
    Watching this press conference is getting me excited.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shen View Post
    Do you make $3+ million per year too?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Do you make $3+ million per year too?
    Yeah if you are making that kind of money and don't have a hot wife then you fail at life.

Quote Originally Posted by haggis View Post
    This move makes zero sense to me. Bielma has no recruiting ties at all down south. I have a hard time seeing him succeed down there.
    I don't think it is gonna work as well as some people are expecting either.

vCash
    Even though at the end of Bielema's tenure at Wisconsin I hated the guy, I still hope he can be successful at Arkansas. I just wonder if he actually will be.

"Soft-spoken sweet-smelling Sansa, who loved silks, songs, chivalry and tall gallant knights with handsome faces."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool View Post
    Even though at the end of Bielema's tenure at Wisconsin I hated the guy, I still hope he can be successful at Arkansas. I just wonder if he actually will be.
    Is Barry Alvarez going to coach in the Rose Bowl? I heard a rumor that he may do just that.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Did any of you guys see the details of his contract? I found it pretty interesting.

The deal is for 6 years and worth an average of $3.2 million per year. So it is essentially a $600,000 a year pay raise. His assistants will also get a considerable pay raise (30% according to Clay Travis) than what they were making at Wisconsin.

The buyout for his contract is 100% if he is released during the first 3 years of the contract. So for example if something terrible happens and they go to release him after his first season they would owe him over $15 million.

He gets bonus money every year for BCS championships/appearances, SEC Championships/appearances, BCS bowl wins/appearances and standard Bowl wins/appearances.

Should he leave for another team the buyout of his contract is $3 million.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Did any of you guys see the details of his contract? I found it pretty interesting.

The deal is for 6 years and worth an average of $3.2 million per year. So it is essentially a $600,000 a year pay raise. His assistants will also get a considerable pay raise (30% according to Clay Travis) than what they were making at Wisconsin.

The buyout for his contract is 100% if he is released during the first 3 years of the contract. So for example if something terrible happens and they go to release him after his first season they would owe him over $15 million.

He gets bonus money every year for BCS championships/appearances, SEC Championships/appearances, BCS bowl wins/appearances and standard Bowl wins/appearances.

Should he leave for another team the buyout of his contract is $3 million.
    Not sure if you saw his presser, but it seems pretty clear that assembling a great coaching staff and retaining them if they start to get expensive is one of Bielema's top priorities.

Anyway, I get the doubts that people have and maybe I'm just being a homer, but I think it's a great hire (and much better than several names that were being rumored). Liked it quite a bit when it was announced and love it after listening to his press conference.

vCash
    Wisconsin isn't gonna pursue Chryst. Thank god. Chryst said he was committed to Pitt, but pardon me for not trusting a Pitt coach saying things like that.

vCash
    I was extremely iffy on the hire when first announced. I mean people pointed to 3 rose bowls. I pointed to 0-2 and third one being only because 2 better teams have bowl bans.

However after researching, looking at our roster, and listening to the press conference I am thrilled and can't wait for next year. Two years ago Knile Davis was best RB in SEC missed last season with injury and this year was still not right till last game of the year. He will be back next season, with this coach I expect a huge year for Knile and Knile running wild is an QB's/offense best friend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shen View Post
    Pics or it never happened.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradyIsTheMan12 View Post
    Is Barry Alvarez going to coach in the Rose Bowl? I heard a rumor that he may do just that.
    Yeah Barry is coaching the Rose Bowl

vCash
    He also said that Paul Chryst isn't an option.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast