Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krazylegz View Post
    guess he was intimidated by urban meyers recruiting savvy
    This is immediately what I thought of when I heard about this...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaseyRyback View Post
    Well historically and relevance wise they are behind: Alabama, Georgia, Florida, LSU, Auburn, Tennessee, Texas A&M, and maybe South Carolina.
    Sure, but you can say that about a lot of teams...not just the SEC.

Tennessee's hardly a desirable job these days and neither is Auburn with how good Alabama is. Arkansas was a consistent top 10 team for the last 2-3 years before Petrino. It's not this terrible job you're making it out to be.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krazylegz View Post
    guess he was intimidated by urban meyers recruiting savvy
    Pretty stupid then since he's going to have to deal with Saban and Miles

vCash
    Does Wisconsin try to go get Cryst? Wisconsin absolutely has to find a scheme fit for the players they have recruited for a long time.

vCash
    Cryst to Wisco makes sense.

The Future

vCash
    Rumors are that Wisconsin AD and former head coach Barry Alvarez may be taking over. That would be interesting!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CaseyRyback View Post
    Well historically and relevance wise they are behind: Alabama, Georgia, Florida, LSU, Auburn, Tennessee, Texas A&M, and maybe South Carolina.
    Alabama, Florida, and LSU are the only jobs that are definitively better landing spots than Arkansas in the SEC.

Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15 View Post
    Does Wisconsin try to go get Cryst? Wisconsin absolutely has to find a scheme fit for the players they have recruited for a long time.
    I would think they go after him. Really sucks for Pitt given the tumult in their football program they've had recently.

vCash
    Yeah, it would be a shame if he left Pitt. They've had to hire enough coaches recently.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BCB mwat15
    Hasn't Pitt football been through enough?

vCash
    I was prepared to not be surprised with any hire Arkansas made considering the absurd amount of money they were willing to pay. I'm surprised anyway. No doubt a solid hire.

The suggestion that Meyer's recruiting savvy had anything to do with this is tOSU trying to flatter themselves. There are even better recruiters than Urban in the SEC and surely Bielema knows that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93
    Alabama, Florida, and LSU are the only jobs that are definitively better landing spots than Arkansas in the SEC.
    Arkansas can't touch Georgia in terms of fertile recruiting ground and revenue.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 12-04-2012 at 05:06 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    Arkansas can't touch Georgia in terms of fertile recruiting ground and revenue.
    Says the Georgia fan.

vCash
    Says the Georgia fan.
    I feel the Clemson hatred, but deep down you know I'm right.

Just because UGA has a history of hiring underachieving head coaches doesn't mean the "right" coach couldn't dominate with all the resources available. Georgia is arguably a Top 5-6 state for recruiting. Look at all the programs in border states that thrive because of players from here. And GA Tech is not a serious threat to them in-state.

And as far as revenue: http://www.bizjournals.com/memphis/b...=image_gallery

3rd most profitable program in the country, after Texas and Penn State.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 12-04-2012 at 05:17 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    I feel the Clemson hatred, but deep down you know I'm right.

Just because UGA has a history of hiring underachieving head coaches doesn't mean the "right" coach couldn't dominate with all the resources available. Georgia is arguably a Top 5-6 state for recruiting. Look at all the programs in border states that stay thrive because of players from here. And GA Tech is not a serious threat to them in-state.

And as far as revenue: http://www.bizjournals.com/memphis/b...=image_gallery

3rd most profitable program in the country, after Texas and Penn State.
    You mean like Clemson?

I don't "know you're right." Georgia is one of those teams/fan bases with a light trophy case but an Alabama/Notre Dame sense of ego. It's not like Georgia is on par with states like Florida, Texas, and California in producing talent. Arkansas can recruit very well. I really don't think the program is any worse than Georgia.

I question how accurate or complete their numbers might be on private universities.

vCash
    Georgia is one of those teams/fan bases with a light trophy case but an Alabama/Notre Dame sense of ego.
    You mean, like Clemson? Ha.

GA is near the top in recruiting. The current #1 player in the country is from here, as I'm sure you know.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ing/index.html
    Georgia is starting to challenge Big Three as football recruiting hotbed

By Steve Megargee, Rivals.com, Special to SI.com

To get a sense of which states rank just behind California, Florida and Texas, Rivals polled seven recruiting analysts to rank their next five states in order. Georgia was the unanimous pick as the No. 4 state. Ohio finished as a clear-cut fifth choice, Louisiana and Virginia tied for sixth place and Alabama came in eighth.

"The last two or three years of talent in that state has been off the hook," Rivals.com national recruiting analyst Mike Farrell said.

The numbers abet that claim. Three of the 17 five-star prospects in the class of 2013 are from Georgia: Loganville Grayson defensive end Robert Nkemdiche (No. 1), Vienna Dooly County defensive tackle Montravius Adams (No. 10) and Alpharetta Milton defensive end Carl Lawson (No. 14). Florida is the only other state with three five-star prospects.

In fact, it's part of a larger trend. Georgia high schools have produced 125 four- and five-star recruits over the last five years. By comparison, Ohio has produced 83, Louisiana 62, Alabama 60 and Pennsylvania 54.

Even more telling: Ohio had 15,000 more students playing high school football than Georgia did in 2010-11, according to the National Federation of High School Associations. Yet Georgia produced 88 more prospects rated three stars or higher than Ohio did over the last two recruiting cycles (2011 and 2012).

"When you look at the numbers, it's overwhelming in Georgia's favor," said Farrell. "But I think there was always some question. Is it Georgia? Is it Louisiana? Is it Ohio?''

There's little doubt anymore. Farrell said Georgia began to cement its claim to the No. 4 spot after its 2011 class featured eight of the nation's top 56 prospects, including Columbus Carver running back Isaiah Crowell and Thomasville Thomas County Central defensive end Ray Drew. Momentum hasn't slowed down since.

"That year propelled into last year, which propelled into this year," Farrell said. "The 2011, 2012 and now 2013 [classes] have seen such a different caliber of talent in Georgia that pushed them to my immediate answer for No. 4 now."
    Last edited by Bravo95; 12-04-2012 at 05:41 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast