Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

James Franklin To be Renewed at Vanderbilt

http://www.outkickthecoverage.com/va...vanderbilt.php

This is great news. Vanderbilt really does have a great record of holding on to great coaches. I credit Tim Corbin with a lot of Franklin's dedication to staying and building a legacy at Vanderbilt. Corbin came in with much of the same apathy, and has been contacted by many great baseball teams. Corbin and Franklin's relationship undoubtedly led to Franklin's desire to want to stay there.

vCash
    I love it because all the UT fans crapped all over Vanderbilt all these years and now they are the program on the way up and their program is in the toilet and all they said all year was that James Franklin is gonna leave for another team the first chance he gets.... Then after being contacted by Arkansas, Auburn, UT, Cal, NC State etc. he signs an extension with Vanderbilt with his main asking point being advancements to the training facilities and the stadium. Sure sounds like a guy that is planning on leaving anytime soon....

What he has done at Vanderbilt is amazing and with the recruiting classes they have coming in this isn't gonna change anytime soon IMO. I heard on the radio Sunday that 5-star running back Jalen Hurd said he wants to play for Vanderbilt after his school won the state championship in a game where he set the state records for rushing yards and touchdowns in a season. He had 394 yards and 7 touchdowns in the state championship game.

Marcus Mariota

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    What he has done at Vanderbilt is amazing and with the recruiting classes they have coming in this isn't gonna change anytime soon IMO. I heard on the radio Sunday that 5-star running back Jalen Hurd said he wants to play for Vanderbilt after his school won the state championship in a game where he set the state records for rushing yards and touchdowns in a season. He had 394 yards and 7 touchdowns in the state championship game.
    I just had a heart attack reading this post.

A 5* recruit?!?!?! Before Franklin Vandy had ONE 4* recruit in our history as a program. That kid was shot and killed protecting his mother from an ex-boyfriend before he even took a snap. Franklin, however has us as like the #15 recruiting class in the nation. Whatever the **** he's selling, these kids are buying it.

There was a great SI article about what he does to convince them last year. Here it is:
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ing/index.html

vCash
    He literally challenges them to be men. He points out that when schools say to them "you can't go there, their academics are too high", that what those coaches are REALLY saying is "you're too stupid to go to Vanderbilt."

The other big thing Franklin is doing is challenging these guys to be a part of something remarkable. Everyone laughs at Vanderbilt, everyone thinks of them as a doormat, and it's not an unearned reputation. However, now, Vanderbilt is climbing its way up. Franklin is going to bring them there and there are a LOT of good players out there that find the idea of bringing a school up to greatness attractive.

There's something to be said about wanting to point at Vandy and say "I helped make them a great football school".

vCash
    He said it on the radio that kids can either go to Tennessee and be proud of what they done in the past or go to Vanderbilt and be remembered forever for what they are doing right now....

Marcus Mariota