Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Urlacher out for the next 3 games; could be out for season

Chicago Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher is expected to miss the next three games and possibly the rest of the regular season with a Grade 2 hamstring strain, according to two sources familiar with his injury status.

Urlacher hopes to be fully recovered for the playoffs, provided the Bears remain in good postseason standing. A return for the regular-season finale against the Detroit Lions (Dec. 30) is a possibility.

The eight-time Pro Bowler strained his right hamstring on the second-to-last play of Sunday’s 23-17 overtime loss to the Seahawks. He heard a "pop" as he chased Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson near the sideline. It was a non-contact injury.

Urlacher declined to discuss the injury or his playing status when reached by the Tribune. He underwent an MRI on Tuesday, which confirmed the Grade 2 strain.

Urlacher has started in all 16 games in nine of the past 12 seasons.
    Chicago Tribune
    Last edited by SDBearsFan; 12-04-2012 at 03:13 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Old man Urlacher...this is what we're going to get from here on 'til retirement..it's sad..I hate seeing this.

vCash
    Well that sucks...but he's been pretty terrible this season outside of maybe 2-3 games. So I'm not sure we lose much anyway by putting Roach in there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Well that sucks...but he's been pretty terrible this season outside of maybe 2-3 games. So I'm not sure we lose much anyway by putting Roach in there.

While I agree he's certainly a shell of his former self, he still leads the team in tackles with 88, forced three fumbles and recovered two. Let alone being the General of our defense.

As mentioned earlier, this just sucks. It sucks to see a staple of your defense for the past decade simply fall victim to father time. I will forever blame Major Wright for that idiotic play at the end of last season, which in my opinion shaved a year or two of what Urlacher had remaining off his career.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SDBearsFan View Post
    While I agree he's certainly a shell of his former self, he still leads the team in tackles with 88, forced three fumbles and recovered two. Let alone being the General of our defense.

As mentioned earlier, this just sucks. It sucks to see a staple of your defense for the past decade simply fall victim to father time. I will forever blame Major Wright for that idiotic play at the end of last season, which in my opinion shaved a year or two of what Urlacher had remaining off his career.
    I'm not saying it's good...I hate seeing how much he's regressed in just 1 year, thanks to an injury in a meaningless game at the end of last season. But I just don't believe his loss will hurt the Bears nearly as much as it has in the past. We've been playing without the real Urlacher pretty much all season and are still an elite Defense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    I'm not saying it's good...I hate seeing how much he's regressed in just 1 year, thanks to an injury in a meaningless game at the end of last season. But I just don't believe his loss will hurt the Bears nearly as much as it has in the past. We've been playing without the real Urlacher pretty much all season and are still an elite Defense.

I hear ya. You know, if there's any positive in this, which there isn't, but just a slimmer of hope is this is pretty much the try out of Nick Roach's life. These next couple games will decide if he's going to replace Urlacher or not, as we've never really committed to him firmly. Yes, we've resigned him a couple times to modest deals but hopefully he takes this thing as motivation for proving to people that he can be the guy in the middle.

Now, do I think he is that person? Absolutely not. The Bears tried to bring in David Hawthorne in the offseason to eventually succeed Urlacher, which didn't work, but I'm praying that Roach plays with some intensity.

As for Bennett and Jennings, I highly doubt either of them play. The Bears have clearly set their line on concussion protocol, while Jennings is probably out for a couple weeks at the minimum (just me speculating, though, no proof.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    I hear ya. You know, if there's any positive in this, which there isn't, but just a slimmer of hope is this is pretty much the try out of Nick Roach's life. These next couple games will decide if he's going to replace Urlacher or not, as we've never really committed to him firmly. Yes, we've resigned him a couple times to modest deals but hopefully he takes this thing as motivation for proving to people that he can be the guy in the middle.

Now, do I think he is that person? Absolutely not. The Bears tried to bring in David Hawthorne in the offseason to eventually succeed Urlacher, which didn't work, but I'm praying that Roach plays with some intensity.

As for Bennett and Jennings, I highly doubt either of them play. The Bears have clearly set their line on concussion protocol, while Jennings is probably out for a couple weeks at the minimum (just me speculating, though, no proof.)
    I love love love Nick Roach, but there's no way we consider him as Brian's replacement. A stop-gap as a rookie is groomed? Maybe. But, Roach is this team's Hunter Hillenmeyer. Expecting anything further is asking too much of a guy who can't deliver that kind of a performance.

NFC North: Leading the League in Stupid.

vCash

Wasn't it Conte that got him hurt? I remember a jump ball in the end zone

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stmaknight View Post
    Wasn't it Conte that got him hurt? I remember a jump ball in the end zone

No, Conte was the one who tipped the ball into the hands of the Kansas City WR from Tyler Palko on that hail mary ********.

Wright, in a similar manner, came flying over the top and landed on Urlacher as his knee bent completely sideways. It was first reported that the injury was "minor" and he was expected to be fine but when you look at that replay, you can tell Urlacher's knee got jacked the **** up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    This just is not our season... Things are falling apart left and right...
    No ideas for the moment.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBears1990 View Post
    This just is not our season... Things are falling apart left and right...

Certainly seems that way. But good teams find ways to win; the Packers won the Super Bowl with 11 players on IR, and the Ravens have played this season w/o Ray Lewis and Terrell Suggs, and a banged up Ngata.

It's time for the offense to carry the load, as someone mentioned. This defense is very quickly showing its age and with injuries depleting us seemingly everywhere, it's going to fall on Cutler's shoulders.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    I don't think he will want to go out like this. That said, he is obviously nearing the end. We are coming to the end of an era. Hopefully the offense can catch fire and get some decent matchups to get him a ring.

vCash
    Our offense has been stepping up. Cutler has been playing great since he returned, so if we can get our WR's back, we will be fine offense.

Also any news on Earl or Jennings?
    No ideas for the moment.

vCash
    I think it's time for our Air Coryell system.

...oh, wait.

NFC North: Leading the League in Stupid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    I think it's time for our Air Coryell system.

...oh, wait.

I don't give a **** what system we run, so long as Brandon Marshall is targeted 20 times a game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast