Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    http://nesn.com/2010/02/cavaliers-on...re-stoudemire/

Or it would have helped to have both and it would have given them two solid pieces to duel against bosh and wade and the miami heat. It would have atleast shown him they aren't trying to rebuild they are trying to win now. Stat would have definitely contributed to miami beating Boston in that series
    I think Lebron is just the best all-around player we have in the game today.
    -Magic Johnson

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    The OP clearly mentioned the allstar form of Shaq in 2009 who won allstar MVP.
    There's a big difference between Shaq's 2009 form and his 1999-2003 form. A BIG difference.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelers23_06 View Post
    http://nesn.com/2010/02/cavaliers-on...re-stoudemire/

Or it would have helped to have both and it would have given them two solid pieces to duel against bosh and wade and the miami heat. It would have atleast shown him they aren't trying to rebuild they are trying to win now. Stat would have definitely contributed to miami beating Boston in that series

Is that ****ing legit? How the hell did the Cavs miss out on Amar'e?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post

Is that ****ing legit? How the hell did the Cavs miss out on Amar'e?
    Amare was on a 1 year deal and the cavs didnt want to give up hickson for a rental

2012 allstar

vCash
    Shaq made them pretty good. Whenever you get a 1x league mvp and 3x finals mvp winner to go with a superstar on the team you should win it all.
    why do you continue with this? Shaq was a shell of his former self. Furthermore, that idiot Brown took away his one advantage over the Celtics, by playing the slower Shaq and Big Z minutes over his faster guys Anderson, Hickson, and Moon, whose athletic ability would have given the Celtics problems.

12/6, in 23 mpg. That is a mvp and finals mvp caliber player? You never put into context where LeBron's awesome help was at when they played with him.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    I do think beat Orlando with Shaq in 2009.
    He'd do 100x better then Varejo or Z did on Dwight.

Now... if they beat the Lakers is a better question.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    why do you continue with this? Shaq was a shell of his former self. Furthermore, that idiot Brown took away his one advantage over the Celtics, by playing the slower Shaq and Big Z minutes over his faster guys Anderson, Hickson, and Moon, whose athletic ability would have given the Celtics problems.

12/6, in 23 mpg. That is a mvp and finals mvp caliber player? You never put into context where LeBron's awesome help was at when they played with him.
    We are talking about 2009 when Shaq made the allstar team and won allstar game mvp.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

vCash
    We are talking about 2009 when Shaq made the allstar team and won allstar game mvp.
    Even then, he wasn't the Shaq you are painting him out to be. Neither were the others you try and paint as elites, well past their elite days.

Tom Chambers won all star MVP. Do you think he would have put LeBron over the top had he been the Chambers of that year? Cmon now.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Just look at my sig, there's your answer. Although
    Quote Originally Posted by heyman321 View Post
    What are you talking about? Shaq was an absolute beast, all porky 375 lbs of him. And so was Ben Wallace, and so was Ilgauskas and Varejao.

Shaq won *All-star game MVP* just the year before, it's Lebron's fault that he couldn't "get it done as the man with a franchise that had never won anything before". Oh and Cleveland was also the top seed for the that year and the year before!!! Surely he already had enough help in Shaq/Z/Varejao/Mike Brown's coaching prowess. It's Lebron's fault!!!
    ...summed it up pretty nicely.
    A message to Lebron haters

Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24
    I wasted too much of my time rooting against other superstars, and started the LeBron era hating him too. I'm glad I got over this, because I think he is unlike anything the game has ever seen...and to be robbed of enjoying that because I hate his greatness would be awful.

vCash
    Shaq won All-Star game MVP with Kobe as a sympathy vote: a mere thing that he was playing alongside Kobe for the first time in many years and was a FA at seasons end I believe and everyone was saying "he'll go back to LA and reunite with Kobe"

I'm a Shaq fan, but it's clear he didn't deserve that MVP and the West team was forcing Shaq the ball to get him the MVP

It wasn't because Shaq was a beast that year, he clearly wasn't!
    Hell no, he (Durant) is too humble of a player and I only like humble players.
    Quote Originally Posted by b@llhog24 View Post
    He lost with HCA, while having 5 time champion Derek Fisher coming off the bench!
    PWND!

vCash
    Shaq made them pretty good.
    What do you mean made them pretty good? Didnt they win more games the year prior? I dont think Shaq made anything, werent the Cavs better without Shaq that year?

Whenever you get a 1x league mvp and 3x finals mvp winner to go with a superstar on the team you should win it all.
    So you honestly think the Suns and Celtics should have won it all with Shaq? Why didnt they?

Quote Originally Posted by DoMeFavors View Post
    Shaq was fat and out of shape, his last good year was like 07
    Define good. Being an All-Star/All-League level player isnt good anymore?

Don't be that way man. We go wayy back.
    Me and Stawka go back even further, he wouldn't lie about Shaq

"It’s absolutely ludicrous” (to judge players based on whether they’ve won a title.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Even then, he wasn't the Shaq you are painting him out to be. Neither were the others you try and paint as elites, well past their elite days.

Tom Chambers won all star MVP. Do you think he would have put LeBron over the top had he been the Chambers of that year? Cmon now.
    You took it the wrong route, his post said Shaq made them better. How can he be talking about All-Star Shaq when hes talking about the Shaq that showed up in Cleveland?

"It’s absolutely ludicrous” (to judge players based on whether they’ve won a title.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stawka View Post
    Shaq won All-Star game MVP with Kobe as a sympathy vote: a mere thing that he was playing alongside Kobe for the first time in many years and was a FA at seasons end I believe and everyone was saying "he'll go back to LA and reunite with Kobe"

I'm a Shaq fan, but it's clear he didn't deserve that MVP and the West team was forcing Shaq the ball to get him the MVP

It wasn't because Shaq was a beast that year, he clearly wasn't!
    He was a beast, I remember making a thread on M2 where I say, if Shaq takes the Suns to the playoffs its as great of an accomplishment as his 4th championship. I was prolly out of line there but he was looking very good. Shame they had a dunce for a coach.

vCash
    back then yeah make the trade but knowing what we know nope

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Define good. Being an All-Star/All-League level player isnt good anymore?
    Implying being voted onto the All-Star team means you're good versus you're popular.
    A message to Lebron haters

Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24
    I wasted too much of my time rooting against other superstars, and started the LeBron era hating him too. I'm glad I got over this, because I think he is unlike anything the game has ever seen...and to be robbed of enjoying that because I hate his greatness would be awful.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast