Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    32,573
    vCash
    1894

    Should the Cavs have traded for Shaq when they had the chance?

    Obviously they wound up trading for Shaq but it was only after they saw what Dwight did to their flimsy frontcourt. The Shaq Im talking about was the healthiest he'd been in years, the Suns training staff had him all cured up and he was performing at an All-Star level. He would have been the best teammate Bron ever had in Cleveland, which is kind of sad in itself but still true.

    Ultimately the Cavs didnt want to part ways with Wally's expiring contract nor disrupt team chemistry. Wally wound up sitting on the bench during the playoffs however and Dwight had the best series of his career vs their hurt/outmatched centers.

    When they finally got Shaq it was with the idea of matching up with Orlando, instead they faced the Celtics and Brown's incompetent coaching was on full display.





    How good does All-Star Shaq make the Cavs? I think it gos without saying they beat Orlando but I dont see them taking out the Lakers at the height of their powers.
    Last edited by Chronz; 12-04-2012 at 03:18 PM.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,265
    vCash
    1500
    What are you talking about? Shaq was an absolute beast, all porky 375 lbs of him. And so was Ben Wallace, and so was Ilgauskas and Varejao.

    Shaq won *All-star game MVP* just the year before, it's Lebron's fault that he couldn't "get it done as the man with a franchise that had never won anything before". Oh and Cleveland was also the top seed for the that year and the year before!!! Surely he already had enough help in Shaq/Z/Varejao/Mike Brown's coaching prowess. It's Lebron's fault!!!


    TANKRONTO TANKTORS

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    Posts
    7,755
    vCash
    1500
    If they had Shaq the season they played Orlando in the conference finals they could have won it all... but I think LBJ still would have left... his attitude would have been: I brought a ring to Cleveland, but they are in re-building mode now and I have a better chance to win in MIA with Bosha nd Wade.

    of course... other things might have changed had Cleveland won that season and other events might have kept James in Cleveland, but I think James was bound to leave Cleveland regardless of if he won or not.
    What the eye doesn't see and the mind doesn't know, doesn't exist.
    Follow me on Twitter and I'll follow back: @JasonJHorn

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    5,698
    vCash
    1500
    And HCA bruh, don't forget the HCA bruhhhhhh!!
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    Hell no, he (Durant) is too humble of a player and I only like humble players.
    Quote Originally Posted by b@llhog24 View Post
    He lost with HCA, while having 5 time champion Derek Fisher coming off the bench!
    PWND!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    HCA (Homecourt Advantage)
    Posts
    65,509
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Obviously they wound up trading for Shaq but it was only after they saw what Dwight did to their flimsy frontcourt. The Shaq Im talking about was the healthiest he'd been in years, the Suns training staff had him all cured up and he was performing at an All-Star level. He would have been the best teammate Bron ever had in Cleveland, which is kind of sad in itself but still true.

    Ultimately the Cavs didnt want to part ways with Wally's expiring contract nor disrupt team chemistry. Wally wound up sitting on the bench during the playoffs however and Dwight had the best series of his career vs their hurt/outmatched centers.

    When they finally got Shaq it was with the idea of matching up with Orlando, instead they faced the Celtics and Brown's incompetent coaching was on full display.





    How good does All-Star Shaq make the Cavs? I think it gos without saying they beat Orlando but I dont see them taking out the Lakers at the height of their powers.
    Shaq made them pretty good. Whenever you get a 1x league mvp and 3x finals mvp winner to go with a superstar on the team you should win it all.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

    Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5,551
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    Shaq made them pretty good. Whenever you get a 1x league mvp and 3x finals mvp winner to go with a superstar on the team you should win it all.
    This

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    34,979
    vCash
    833
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    Shaq made them pretty good. Whenever you get a 1x league mvp and 3x finals mvp winner to go with a superstar on the team you should win it all.
    It only applies if he still played like the 1x Leabue MVP and the 3x Finals MVP.

    But I don't think they would've won with him anyways had they got him in 2008.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    HCA (Homecourt Advantage)
    Posts
    65,509
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    It only applies if he still played like the 1x Leabue MVP and the 3x Finals MVP.

    But I don't think they would've won with him anyways had they got him in 2008.
    2009 was no excuse. KG was out for the playoffs and Jameer was out, there was absolutely no one else in the East who should have stopped them with or without Shaq. You can say the Lakers should still have beaten them, but no one in the East should have.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

    Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    34,979
    vCash
    833
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    2009 was no excuse. KG was out for the playoffs and Jameer was out, there was absolutely no one else in the East who should have stopped them with or without Shaq. You can say the Lakers should still have beaten them, but no one in the East should have.
    What does this have to do with what I'm saying?

    I'm asking you: Why do you still bring up " 1x Leabue MVP and the 3x Finals MVP" when it has no relevance.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    6,907
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    Shaq made them pretty good. Whenever you get a 1x league mvp and 3x finals mvp winner to go with a superstar on the team you should win it all.


    Shaq winning those MVPs 10 years ago has what to do with his Cleveland days?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    HCA (Homecourt Advantage)
    Posts
    65,509
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by naps View Post


    Shaq winning those MVPs 10 years ago has what to do with his Cleveland days?
    The OP clearly mentioned the allstar form of Shaq in 2009 who won allstar MVP.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

    Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    34,979
    vCash
    833
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    The OP clearly mentioned the allstar form of Shaq in 2009 who won allstar MVP.
    There's a big difference between Shaq's 2009 form and his 1999-2003 form. A BIG difference.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    58,297
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    Shaq made them pretty good. Whenever you get a 1x league mvp and 3x finals mvp winner to go with a superstar on the team you should win it all.
    why do you continue with this? Shaq was a shell of his former self. Furthermore, that idiot Brown took away his one advantage over the Celtics, by playing the slower Shaq and Big Z minutes over his faster guys Anderson, Hickson, and Moon, whose athletic ability would have given the Celtics problems.

    12/6, in 23 mpg. That is a mvp and finals mvp caliber player? You never put into context where LeBron's awesome help was at when they played with him.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,333
    vCash
    1500
    I do think beat Orlando with Shaq in 2009.
    He'd do 100x better then Varejo or Z did on Dwight.

    Now... if they beat the Lakers is a better question.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    HCA (Homecourt Advantage)
    Posts
    65,509
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    why do you continue with this? Shaq was a shell of his former self. Furthermore, that idiot Brown took away his one advantage over the Celtics, by playing the slower Shaq and Big Z minutes over his faster guys Anderson, Hickson, and Moon, whose athletic ability would have given the Celtics problems.

    12/6, in 23 mpg. That is a mvp and finals mvp caliber player? You never put into context where LeBron's awesome help was at when they played with him.
    We are talking about 2009 when Shaq made the allstar team and won allstar game mvp.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

    Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •