Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

FA Signing: Joakim Soria

Six years after the Royals acquired Joakim Soria at the Winter Meetings, they appear poised to lose their two-time All-Star.

Soria on Monday agreed to a two-year contract with the Texas Rangers believed to be worth between $8 million to $9 million. The deal is contingent on Soria, 28, passing a physical examination.
    http://www.kansascity.com/2012/12/03...year-deal.html

vCash
    Excellent signing if he comes back strong from that injury. Like I said in the other thread. Any reliever who knows how to close out ball games in the AL is fine by me.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash
    Good signing, I can see why we are not messing with resigning Mike Adams. However, lets hope this goes the Nathan route and not the Eric Gagne route. There is a fair amount of risk with this signing for sure.
    2012 Texas Rangers Offseason

"I have never used steroids. Period. I don't know how to say it any more clearly than that. Never” -Rafael Palmeiro (4 Months before testing positive for steroids)

Texas Rangers 2010-11 American League Champions!

Indianapolis Colts Super Bowl XLI Champions!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vigilantex69 View Post
    Good signing, I can see why we are not messing with resigning Mike Adams. However, lets hope this goes the Nathan route and not the Eric Gagne route. There is a fair amount of risk with this signing for sure.
    How was Eric Gagne a bad signing? He was awesome for us. Then, we dumped him off to Boston for Murphy and others and that's where he sucked. So...to recap, he played well for us and got us a piece that has played a role in our three playoff appearances over the last three years. I'd call that a good signing. Boston would be the team that has a reason to complain.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    — Dr. Seuss

vCash
    If you ask me, they should've gone for Rafael Soriano instead. Dude is legit.