Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownBears22 View Post
    I have never thought of Cam as a QB that is anything more than a gimmick. He will put fans in seats much like Vick, but he is not a QB you build a franchise around. Look at his W-L record. There are QB's who have less than Cam offensively and defensively that have a better record than Cam. Cam preys on the weak teams and gets beat up by the top tier teams. Grab him in fantasy, but in real football I would rather have 20 other Qbs
    Huh how does win loss make you an elite qb? Eli won the superbowl with a barely 500 team. josh Freeman had a bad year last year and the team got talent around him with a rookie running back who is playing lights out and a stud wr in Vincent Jackson and a great te also. A qb is only as good as the talent around him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    This just shows how little you know the Panthers. Clausen was 1-10 as a starter and only had two TD's, which were both to a TE. He couldn't pass to a WR to save his life. He also had a weak arm.

Put Clausen in now that he doesn't even have a running game to rely on and he'd probably go 0-16. Without Cam the Panthers would be winless. He's the only thing that is keeping them in games. If you think otherwise, show me a game on the schedule that the Panthers would've won with Clausen.
    What is the difference between 0-16 and 3-9? Cam doesn't make players better, he loves throwing behind wr's on short passes, he holds onto the ball forever, and he ignores open passes to try for the deep ball.

vCash
    And it is easy to put up stats as a qb if you are always playing from behind. See how that doesn't help his great stats argument. Still struggles on simple passes and that is why the O struggles to sustain long drives.
    He DOESN'T play from behind. The Panthers are almost always in the lead in the 4th quarter or not far behind. They don't get the luxury of garbage time stats because they're always within a TD of a win. There've only been TWO games this season that didn't finish within 8 points (regardless of if Carolina won or lost).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Citanoxeno View Post
    Huh how does win loss make you an elite qb? Eli won the superbowl with a barely 500 team. josh Freeman had a bad year last year and the team got talent around him with a rookie running back who is playing lights out and a stud wr in Vincent Jackson and a great te also. A qb is only as good as the talent around him.
    Who said anything about elite? duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh learn to read

vCash
    He DOESN'T play from behind. The Panthers are almost always in the lead in the 4th quarter or not far behind. They don't get the luxury of garbage time stats because they're always within a TD of a win. There've only been TWO games this season that didn't finish within 8 points (regardless of if Carolina won or lost).
    So if he goes into the 4th why is he losing? If you say defense I will ignore you. Having a lead going into the 4th gives most QB's a pretty big edge. Can he not compete in the 4th? Why is he always losing these games? Sounds to me like the defense struggles and so does the O.

vCash
    What is the difference between 0-16 and 3-9? Cam doesn't make players better, he loves throwing behind wr's on short passes, he holds onto the ball forever, and he ignores open passes to try for the deep ball.
    3 wins + 4 games unfinished? It's not that hard to grasp...

Cam clearly made Smith better compared to what Clausen did to him...
    Cam clearly makes his OL look better since he can outrun the defenders that tear through the awful OL.
    Cam clearly makes the team look better since they're actually competitive in their losses...

He also loves hitting WRs for completions. He's got some issues, but he's nowhere near as bad as you've deluded yourself into thinking. He doesn't hold on to the ball forever, he barely has time as it is. Watch his OL (or him for that matter) some time. He also doesn't ignore short passes; up until the last few games the OC hasn't given him many short routes. Early in the season he didn't even have checkdowns on most of his pass plays.

vCash
    Who said anything about elite? duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh learn to read
    How does it make you a better QB? duhhhhhhhhhh learn to logic.

So if he goes into the 4th why is he losing? If you say defense I will ignore you. Having a lead going into the 4th gives most QB's a pretty big edge. Can he not compete in the 4th? Why is he always losing these games? Sounds to me like the defense struggles and so does the O.
    He usually has a small lead going into the 4th. There's still 15 minutes left to play. I'm trying to point out to you that he doesn't throw against garbage-time defenses that are resting players. His stats are 100% legit. And... uh, defense? You can ignore it all you want, doesn't make it any less true.

vCash
    How does it make you a better QB? duhhhhhhhhhh learn to logic.

He usually has a small lead going into the 4th. There's still 15 minutes left to play. I'm trying to point out to you that he doesn't throw against garbage-time defenses that are resting players. His stats are 100% legit. And... uh, defense? You can ignore it all you want, doesn't make it any less true.
    What does this mean? He put words in my mouth and somehow thought he could comprehend english.

vCash
    3 wins + 4 games unfinished? It's not that hard to grasp...

Cam clearly made Smith better compared to what Clausen did to him...
    Cam clearly makes his OL look better since he can outrun the defenders that tear through the awful OL.
    Cam clearly makes the team look better since they're actually competitive in their losses...

He also loves hitting WRs for completions. He's got some issues, but he's nowhere near as bad as you've deluded yourself into thinking. He doesn't hold on to the ball forever, he barely has time as it is. Watch his OL (or him for that matter) some time. He also doesn't ignore short passes; up until the last few games the OC hasn't given him many short routes. Early in the season he didn't even have checkdowns on most of his pass plays.
    57.5% = bad

vCash
    What does this mean? He put words in my mouth and somehow thought he could comprehend english.
    You said his W/L record was too bad for him to be a good QB. He said elite, rather than just good. You then pulled the whole "duhhhhhhhhh" thing being an ***. He didn't put words into your mouth (except for the "elite" part), it's all there in the quote on his post.

vCash
    Cam's biggest problems throwing the ball rest in his inconsistent mechanics. I've been saying it since late last year. It's easy to see.

Nobody watches football though only the scroll on the bottom to check their fantasy guys so nobody else has noticed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Cam's biggest problems throwing the ball rest in his inconsistent mechanics. I've been saying it since late last year. It's easy to see.

Nobody watches football though only the scroll on the bottom to check their fantasy guys so nobody else has noticed.
    Don't tell anyone that sCam has flaws throwing. They will mention his 1 60 yard throw.

vCash
    Don't tell anyone that sCam has flaws throwing. They will mention his 1 60 yard throw.
    Lol, if we want to be honest I put those mech flaws on the coaching staff. They'd have to have their heads farther up their ***** than fake fantasy football NFL fans to not see what's happening to him at times.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Lol, if we want to be honest I put those mech flaws on the coaching staff. They'd have to have their heads farther up their ***** than fake fantasy football NFL fans to not see what's happening to him at times.
    Mechanics are hard to change at this point of a players career. Players can make little changes but you can't change everything that you have learned. Hell the guy still can't handle a full playbook. There is a reason he is still running a simplified offense.

vCash
    Mechanics are hard to change at this point of a players career. Players can make little changes but you can't change everything that you have learned. Hell the guy still can't handle a full playbook. There is a reason he is still running a simplified offense.
    It's not mechanical flaws it's mechanical inconsistencies IMO.

He's went stretches where they are fine. They've been far more lose lately. I think it's purely mental and when he starts to struggle, or the team does, for some reason that's when he gets lose.

That's his fault if he can't come back after get knocked down a bit but I don't think he's unfixable at all. Kid's in his second year. Think of how many QB's were still rotten then. Kid has an unbelievable skillset, hope he has the head and he can find someone to keep the fundamentals in tact. He's a great watch.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast